Waiver Wire Watch...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
For the next couple of days the waiver wire is going to be full of talent.. so I thought... why not have a single thread where we put the "I think TT should pick up this guy..." type of posts...

Here is my starter..

Here is a kid that if he doesn't make the Bills roster... should be scooped up if we can in a Green Bay minute..

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills RB Fred Jackson is a candidate for the practice squad if he does not make the final roster.

Kid can flat out tote the rock...TD run vs Saints

21 totes.. 102 yards and 2 TDs... runs strong with some shift...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some notes on a few players NOT on current depth chart.

Pittman, RB- for the Saints ( Of course they are loaded there)

Jacoby Jones, WR-Houston

Interesting that Williams, Walker, and Figures, all third round picks and only Figures, 6th on the depth chart, is on one at all.

Milner, TE-Falcons

Not on the Depth chart

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittman might get cut.

Jacoby Jones will definitely not be cut, the guys a STUD return man and probably will start in Houston or be their third WR.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some quality wavier-possible guys:

Mike Clayton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Andre Hall
Chris Simms
Mike Bell
Kelly Washington
Reche Caldwell
Dominique Byrd
Reggie Williams

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
No way Pittman or Jacoby Jones get cut.

Ahhh but do you cut Stecker then... a breather back and special teamer or they keep 4 deep.

More likely the Saints will cut Pierre Thomas - who rushed for 171 yards and 3 TDs on 27 carries in the last 2 preseason games... interesting.

Very interesting indeed...

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Popcynical said:

Ahhh but do you cut Stecker then... a breather back and special teamer or they keep 4 deep.

More likely the Saints will cut Pierre Thomas - who rushed for 171 yards and 3 TDs on 27 carries in the last 2 preseason games... interesting.

I really don't think they let this kid go.. to me between Pittman and Stecker.... with Stecker staying.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Popcynical said:

As of yesterday they showed Thomas as the third RB and he did nothing to hurt his place last night. If they do cut him vs. Pittman he might be worth a look.
It looks like we are going to have a hard time keeping RB's healthy.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Chiefs | Wesley on the bubble?
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:52:24 -0700

Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs FS Greg Wesley may not make the team's final roster.

Guy has been around a while and has average coverage skills and is assignment steady in past years.. maybe he has slipped.. insurance policy for depth?

Chiefs | Dunn on the bubble?
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:47:31 -0700

Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs TE Jason Dunn may not make the team's final roster.

Another guy that has hung around in Tony G's shadow for a couple of years... got be better this year than Alcorn..

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Former Badger was released today... he had a good senior year... good not great..

The St. Louis Rams announced Friday, Aug. 31, that they have waived TE Mark Anelli.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Bell would be a good pick-up. Whoever ends up coming out of New Orleans would do well too. Pittman, Pierre Thomas seem like great options, but Stecker has more experience. Guess as long as they can pick up a blitz it would be worth a look.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I edited down the list to positions of interest... blew away the OL and DL and LBers.. I bet old Reid is just a cussing in Philly today :razz:

On PFT..

Multiple readers, and apparently some Philly media, discovered on Friday afternoon that the Philadelphia Eagles inadvertently posted their final roster cuts on the team's official site, apparently via a page that transmits data to wireless devices. The cuts are due to be made by 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.

Several readers have informed us that the players who appeared on the list, which has since been changed to this, were as follows:

RB Nate Ilaoa;
FB Jason Davis;
FB/LS Jeremy Cain;
WR Jeremy Bloom;
TE Lee Vickers;
S Marcus Paschal;
S Erick Harris;

We've separately learned that Bloom, a fifth-round draft pick who spent the 2006 season on IR, has indeed been cut (or at a minimum has been informed that he'll be cut).

In addition to the cuts, we have a feeling that someone there is gonna get fired.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Not overly surprising that he isn't the starter but banished from the team... not the Packers want him... but talk about falling from grace...

Jaguars | Leftwich likely to be traded or released
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:37:32 -0700

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars will likely either trade or release QB Byron Leftwich.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would watch Denver's waiver wire. They have a very interesting RB situation going on there and Tatum Bell could very well end up being the odd man out.

They found ANOTHER undrafted rookie that looks to good to cut. Kid from Texas. He'd been hurt his whole career and now he's running wild out there.

The learning curve for a RB coming from their system would be very brief.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I would watch Denver's waiver wire. They have a very interesting RB situation going on there and Tatum Bell

I think you mean Mike Bell.. Tatum is in Detroit I believe..

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...Buffalo Bills RB Fred Jackson is a candidate for the practice squad if he does not make the final roster.

Kid can flat out tote the rock...TD run vs Saints

21 totes.. 102 yards and 2 TDs... runs strong with some shift...

I like that video.. that kid has wheels!

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I haven't watched Denver all that much.. I seem to dislike that team for whatever reason... how good is this kid?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I would watch Denver's waiver wire. They have a very interesting RB situation going on there and Tatum Bell

I think you mean Mike Bell.. Tatum is in Detroit I believe..

Correct. Mike Bell.

Denver has found this kid from Texas and are not letting go(obviously) of Henry or Sapp so Bell could get bounced.

A guy familiar with the ZBS would be nice if we got to go to the wire for a RB.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, Selvin Young.. the RB from Texas. Yeah, he is sharp, I'm really surprised he went undrafted! I remember him being very good for Texas, in fact he made a big name for himself here, despite (apparently) being injured a lot of the time. Just goes to show he made the most of his chances while he was healthy.

Too bad he went to Denver. It's good for him, but I just don't like the Broncos. ;)

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not surprised Selvin Young is doing well, he looked real good when he played.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Here might be a possiblity...

Texans | Lundy released
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:06:04 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have released RB Wali Lundy.

Members online

Latest posts