Waiver Wire Watch...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here might be a possiblity...

Texans | Lundy released
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:06:04 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have released RB Wali Lundy.

Might not be a bad choice. 3.8 average last year, and don't they run the zoneb locking too?

But the question is...Why are they cutting him?

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
But the question is...Why are they cutting him?

36 Dayne, Ron
35 Gado, Samkon
30 Green, Ahman

Gako is picking up the system and Dayne had a heck of a year last year. Well they paid Green alot of Green, so someone had to go..

Kind of a downhill runner and Dayne is the same type.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough.

Gado is averaging 4.1, Lundy 4.0 (stats from nfl.com)

but Lundy is a 2nd year RB. I don't understand why they won't even give him a chance. Is HE injury prone? Like we need another one of those! lol.

I'm confident GB will do what they can to do what they can. (thats right)

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Here is what Kubiak had to say..

"Samkon has had an excellent off-season," Kubiak said. "Wali improved, but I think the whole group improved and it was a tough call between him and Samkon and we felt like Samkon has won that position. It was very difficult to let Wali go."

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Hey Zebransky got cut as well... Texans cuts

Zabransky, the former Boise State quarterback who led his team to a 43-42 overtime win against Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, came to Houston as a free agent. His only significant playing time of the preseason came Thursday night when he was 12-of-22 for 117 yards with an interception in three quarters in Houston's 31-24 loss to Tampa Bay.

And Buster Davis got let go in Arizona.... a short LBer.. but can hit you square in the mouth... will make some team this year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what Kubiak had to say..

"Samkon has had an excellent off-season," Kubiak said. "Wali improved, but I think the whole group improved and it was a tough call between him and Samkon and we felt like Samkon has won that position. It was very difficult to let Wali go."

Plus Samkon can also be assistant personal trainer of the team. Samkon is more versatile i guess. lol

Members online

Latest posts