Vonta Leach Released!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
donald lee (or maybe martin) had a 15 yeard reception.

I remember calling it on packerforum.com PbP, which you should check out this sunday! (Shameless plug) I wont be there, thats ANOTHER reason to check it out! No trom!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Cheesey. Watch Vonta block and then watch Willy try to at this point in his career. Vonta was CLEARLY a better blocker than Willy is. I am a huge Willy fan but his short preseason was about as bad as I've seen.

Vonta had a GREAT GAME on Sunday outside of 1 play. He was improving every year. I thought that TT's plan was to bring in young guys and let the develop? Isn't that what VONTA was doing?

Just a little strange that a guy who STARTED for us and had a great game would go before the 20 Non-Contributors on this team. I just don't get it. The MS conspiracy thing sounded bogus at first but I can'tfind any other way to rationalize this

CloudyFuture

Cheesehead
Reaction score
welp the saints place a waiver claim on leach....:

Leach, 24, started at fullback Sunday against Chicago because William Henderson was withheld. Henderson underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Aug. 21 but returned to limited practice last week and should be ready Sunday.

In the Bears game, Leach played 18 snaps and blocked well.

"He did all he could do," Vitolo said. "He played a hell of a game against Chicago. We have to move on now."

...Vitolo said he expected Leach to be awarded on waivers to a team this afternoon. He mentioned New Orleans, the New York Jets and Houston as possibilities.

The Saints, who play the Packers on Sunday at Lambeau Field, don't have a healthy fullback after losing two in Cleveland. Mike Karney (calf) is out two to four weeks and Keith Joseph (knee) is out four to six weeks.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="tromadz
yeah theres a lot of that stupid stuff flying around. Add a loss to the mix, and it gets worse.

did you know, TT is also making GB bad so favre retires? its true! hes a witch! BURN HIM![/quote]

What's the matter Trom, are some of us not allowed to state the obvious that TT is making this "His Team".

All last year, you did nothing but ***** and moan about how this player sucks and how this coach should be fired.
That was ok, but now because some of us don't have our heads stuck up TT as..... like you, you call it a conspiracy. You are a tool!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, maybe TT IS making it "his team". Which MIGHT turn out to be a good thing. We won't know till it's done though. Which makes alot of people mad, impatient, and so on. The Packers were on the down side, it seems to me. So maybe the rebuilding is necessary. You can't stay on top forever, sooner or later you have to rebuild.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sub 500, drowning in mediocracy, that is what I am looking foward to after 14 years of winning Football.

I'm not nieve, I knew there would be changes sooner or later, but IMHO, things could have been done differently the last year and a half.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Well, maybe TT IS making it "his team". Which MIGHT turn out to be a good thing. We won't know till it's done though. Which makes alot of people mad, impatient, and so on. The Packers were on the down side, it seems to me. So maybe the rebuilding is necessary. You can't stay on top forever, sooner or later you have to rebuild.

Ok Cheesey, that's your opinion. I don't agree with. If you're putting an addition on your house, you don't rip the whole house down to the foundation to add the addition. I think in today's NFL you "retool", not rebuild. But that's TT's perogative.

One thing though, if TT and MM decided that they were rebuilding, why didn't they tell Brett Favre before he came back and let him seek a trade to another team so that they could get on with their master plan of destroy..er..i mean..rebuilding this team?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
cheesey said:

Ok Cheesey, that's your opinion. I don't agree with. If you're putting an addition on your house, you don't rip the whole house down to the foundation to add the addition. I think in today's NFL you "retool", not rebuild. But that's TT's perogative.

One thing though, if TT and MM decided that they were rebuilding, why didn't they tell Brett Favre before he came back and let him seek a trade to another team so that they could get on with their master plan of destroy..er..i mean..rebuilding this team?

If there's only one wall left of the house you do. They needed alot more then retooling. Favre, Green, and Driver are the only good players on the team on offense. On D, they need alot of help too. There arn't many great players on this team as i see it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
IMO, that's because TT already let a lot of good players go.

Wahle was the only one he let go. Walker was crying and would have dragged the team down.
I don't see any other players that were that good.
Longwell also wanted out. He wanted to kick in a dome to pad his career stats.

CloudyFuture

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well watching the game again....leach had 3 good blocks on Urlacher and stone walled/way laid Double H (Hunter Hillenmeyer) giving him a concussion knocking him out for the rest of the game and making him questionable against the lions.....If its true leach only played in 18 snaps then that seems pretty dang good to me....Seems to me green had his best runs with leach in there then when they used a TE as a FB......

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
majikman said:
IMO, that's because TT already let a lot of good players go.

Wahle was the only one he let go. Walker was crying and would have dragged the team down.
I don't see any other players that were that good.
Longwell also wanted out. He wanted to kick in a dome to pad his career stats.

We had some good to serviceable vets that TT has decided to replace with rookies. Oh well. Ergo my house/addition theory.

No use crying--the milk has already been spilt, no?

Members online

Latest posts