Visiting the Mecca of football.....

Geaux Saints

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings to all! I'm looking for some info from the Packer faithful. A few friends and I are thinking about making the trip up North to watch the Packers/Saints game in September. It's been kind of a bucket list thing for us to watch a game at legendary Lambeau Field (and to be able to watch our Saints play there would be the icing on the cake). I was wondering if y'all could give us some insight on the potential visit...i.e.- best place to stay and eat...places we HAVE to go and see...is there a good transit system in place or best to just rent a car...stuff like that. I have heard nothing but great things about tailgating and hanging out with Packer fans from Saints fans that went last year or have made the trip before. I hope this will work out because I am looking forward to meeting some of you (who I know are just as passionate about your team as we are about ours) and experiencing the magic and mystique that is LAMBEAU FIELD. Thanks for your input. Peace!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Was at the season opener last season at Lambeau v. the Saints. Met some very cordial and courteous Saints fans. Good folks. Now, online Saints' fans are a different matter all together. ;) Hey, hope you enjoy yourself.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Was at the season opener last season at Lambeau v. the Saints. Met some very cordial and courteous Saints fans. Good folks. Now, online Saints' fans are a different matter all together. ;) Hey, hope you enjoy yourself.

That's pretty much how it goes with every teams fans.

Except for Eagles fans, they're all ********

OP
OP
Geaux Saints

Geaux Saints

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a section in the forum already designated to point you to all the great spots!

I'm sure someone not as lazy as I am will even post the links to those threads! ;)

* ok... i'll post it this time!
http://www.packerforum.com/forums/the-green-bay-life.16/

Like your "Geaux" lol

Thanks for the link(s). I figured many people had come here asking the same question. It was late when I posted and I got a little lazy (sorry), but I thought it would be a good conversation starter as well. My friend said that we should really try making a game at ALL of the NFL stadiums at some point in our lives. I said what better place to start than the hallowed grounds of "The Frozen Tundra" (of course, I wouldn't be too keen going to Philly or the Black Hole [appropriate name] in Oakland). Like I said before, I really hope this works out because I love my Saints, love watching football, and love hanging out with friendly, cool people who share the same feeling (albeit loving the Packers instead of Saints). I guess it's an understatement to say how much I hated we didn't meet in the NFCCG this past season.

OP
OP
Geaux Saints

Geaux Saints

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would have to say that as passionate as Saints fans are about our team, a majority of us are very friendly and hospitable. Just don't come to the Dome starting any shizzle and you will have a great time and meet some fun and friendly folks. Southern hospitality is second to none. Of course, you KNOW there are ALWAYS bad apples that make the good fan base look bad for every team (online and off).

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fans are very proud of their reputation for hospitality. Unless you are from Minnesota or your last name is Favre expect a welcoming from the fans at Lambeau

OP
OP
Geaux Saints

Geaux Saints

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fans are very proud of their reputation for hospitality. Unless you are from Minnesota or your last name is Favre expect a welcoming from the fans at Lambeau

I expect nothing but good times with Packers fans. Your reputation precedes you which is one of the reasons I'm excited at the opportunity to go to this game. It's comforting knowing you can go to an away game and enjoy the game and have a good time with visiting fans.

As for the Viqueens......we're not very fond of them as well. It's been 2 years since that NFCCG and they are still whining and coming up with excuses about them not going to that Super Bowl. And they REALLY jumped on the bandwagon when the bounty crap came out. All I had to say is protect your QB and don't turn the ball over a million times and you win that game.

D

Derps

I expect nothing but good times with Packers fans. Your reputation precedes you which is one of the reasons I'm excited at the opportunity to go to this game. It's comforting knowing you can go to an away game and enjoy the game and have a good time with visiting fans.

As for the Viqueens......we're not very fond of them as well. It's been 2 years since that NFCCG and they are still whining and coming up with excuses about them not going to that Super Bowl. And they REALLY jumped on the bandwagon when the bounty crap came out. All I had to say is protect your QB and don't turn the ball over a million times and you win that game.

Wow...who didn't see this opinion coming? The truth is...nobody is fond of Saints fans. The fans that created that "bags over the heads" half filled stadium garbage are now some legit fan base?...with clout? You're not fooling anyone.

60% of this website is loaded with Packer fans below the age of 20. So what you're going to get is a lot of b*llshit. Notice how every thread like this, some Packer fan has to bring the Vikings into the mix. Ever sinced Favre donned a purple jersey, they can't help it. They just got to say something. The butthurt is still existant.

Most people know that 09 NFC championship game was rigged. Christ I watched it with Giants, Steeler, Redskin and Cowboy fans. All of them agreed the Vikings were robbed. I don't blame the Saints or it's fans. The NFL wanted it's feel good story and got it. The sad thing is...Saints fans can't admit it. The turnovers had nothing to do with the non-calls on Favre and the phantom pass interference, the 1st down that clearly wasn't. Matter of fact I don't even hear Vikings brining up that game anymore. It's always a Saints fan that does...case in point above ^^. The reason you do is because you know something was up...setting aside all the other scandels and cheating your football team was involved in.

Another thing. Green Bay is not "the mecca of football". That's a fantasy proclaimed and passed along by Packer fans. Much like Cowboy fans do with the "America's Team" moniker. Canton is the mecca of football. Green Bay is a town with an old football stadium, with an old franchise. I've been there 3 times and it's nothing to brag about. It's been a while but they may have a Walmart now!! LoL

For the record....every fan base has ********. Some more than others (Eagles, Raiders, Saints, Browns, Giants) are notorious of fan behavior. Lord knows I hate some of my fellow Viking fans. But don't take one persons hatred for another team describe that team and it's fans for you. Experience it for yourself.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow...who didn't see this opinion coming? The truth is...nobody is fond of Saints fans. The fans that created that "bags over the heads" half filled stadium garbage are now some legit fan base?...with clout? You're not fooling anyone.

60% of this website is loaded with Packer fans below the age of 20. So what you're going to get is a lot of b*llshit. Notice how every thread like this, some Packer fan has to bring the Vikings into the mix. Ever sinced Favre donned a purple jersey, they can't help it. They just got to say something. The butthurt is still existant.

Most people know that 09 NFC championship game was rigged. Christ I watched it with Giants, Steeler, Redskin and Cowboy fans. All of them agreed the Vikings were robbed. I don't blame the Saints or it's fans. The NFL wanted it's feel good story and got it. The sad thing is...Saints fans can't admit it. The turnovers had nothing to do with the non-calls on Favre and the phantom pass interference, the 1st down that clearly wasn't. Matter of fact I don't even hear Vikings brining up that game anymore. It's always a Saints fan that does...case in point above ^^. The reason you do is because you know something was up...setting aside all the other scandels and cheating your football team was involved in.

Another thing. Green Bay is not "the mecca of football". That's a fantasy proclaimed and passed along by Packer fans. Much like Cowboy fans do with the "America's Team" moniker. Canton is the mecca of football. Green Bay is a town with an old football stadium, with an old franchise. I've been there 3 times and it's nothing to brag about. It's been a while but they may have a Walmart now!! LoL

For the record....every fan base has ********. Some more than others (Eagles, Raiders, Saints, Browns, Giants) are notorious of fan behavior. Lord knows I hate some of my fellow Viking fans. But don't take one persons hatred for another team describe that team and it's fans for you. Experience it for yourself.
you're right about one thing, every team does have ********. You sir, are one of them.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
HAHAHA... Some people on this board baffle me...

Anyways... to the OP... You will enjoy yourself... Real Packer fans are very classy and love to have a good time at games... Now every fan base has their bandwagon fans who give the fanbase a bad rep... but here are some videos of my friend Joe (Saints Fan) who really enjoyed himself at last years opener!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Sounds like a bad case of venue envy. If I was a Vikings fan I' d want to forget that Saints game too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just for the record, I hated the Vikings just as much before Favre went there. I just started to hate HIM then. I'll pray for heavy snowfall this winter ;)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Must suck knowing your fan base is so pathetic that your team has to find a nice place to call home

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

For the record, I'm not sure the city of GB has a Walmart. I'm not positive on the location of the city limits in one case. But you can watch live NFL football in person, something that cannot be done in New York, Boston, Los Angeles, or Dallas. Maybe soon Minneapolis will be added to the list.

OP
OP
Geaux Saints

Geaux Saints

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I respect your opinion, but I think you are wrong about Green Bay. Almost everyone I've heard that was asked something along the lines of which stadium would you like to go see an away game in has said Green Bay. There is a mystique about "the frozen tundra". Therefore I (me) DO consider it the "Mecca of Football" or Stadiums or however you would like it worded. I agree with you that the 09 NFCCG was rigged. The NFL is STILL reeling over not having it's dream matchup of Favre vs Manning in the Super Bowl. I would bet my next paycheck that the NFL wanted a Favre/Manning matchup over a Saints "feel good" matchup. Your are TOTALLY blind if you think your 5 turnovers did not keep you out of the Super Bowl (not the "questionable calls"). Recovered a Reggie muffed punt inside the 10 and turned it over on the next play. No OT if you get AT LEAST a field goal there. Hell, you were in field goal range at the end of the game to WIN it and TURNED IT OVER AGAIN! Why the heck do you think the NFL came up with the overtime rule (for just the playoffs at the time) after Favre lost to us in overtime without getting a shot at a possession? Answer: They wanted Favre in the Super Bowl...NOT the Saints. And I'm not going to waste this board's space talking about the BS that is "Bountygate". As for your Giants, Steelers, Redskins, and Cowboys friends....of course they said that...we beat two of them that year and the Cowboys and Steelers don't like us anyway.

cwood0484

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just need to be realistic about your expectations if you come to Green Bay. Basically picture travelling to a large suburb of New Orleans without the actual city of New Orleans. Green Bay by itself is a terrible tourist destination and it isn't the reason you should come here.

I understand wanting to see a game at Lambeau, and if you ignore the bleacher seating it is a great place to see a game. Just be realistic about the time you will have here outside of the game. There isn't much that you will find exciting.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
^Pshhhhhh whatever! I love going to Green Bay to visit... Door County is great, Sturgeon Bay is beautiful, Appleton is nice and during the season there is always Packer events going on locally in Green Bay... Perfect way to meet Packer players... The Oval Office isnt too shabby either... :) And this is coming from a SoCal dude.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You just need to be realistic about your expectations if you come to Green Bay. Basically picture travelling to a large suburb of New Orleans without the actual city of New Orleans. Green Bay by itself is a terrible tourist destination and it isn't the reason you should come here.

I understand wanting to see a game at Lambeau, and if you ignore the bleacher seating it is a great place to see a game. Just be realistic about the time you will have here outside of the game. There isn't much that you will find exciting.

Hey! I love the bleacher seating. It has that classic quality about it. It reminds you of the history of the place. I want Lambeau to be a place that mystically hearkens back to days of yore.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

So, how long ago did the Chamber of Commerce fire you?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

Went to the opener last year also It was a huge party in the streets. Beer cans and bottles in the gutters piled high. And still with all that alcohol saw not one incident, lots of good natured ribbing. Unlike other games here in so cal even cops were relaxed. You will have a great experience except for the loss. check out booking.com for good deals on rooms. Take the stadium tour and the hall of fame.

OP
OP
Geaux Saints

Geaux Saints

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You guys sit down at games? ;)

I'm mainly looking forward (hopefully-if I can get my buddies to hurry up and commit to going) to meeting some tailgating Packer fans, making some new friends, and having a good time. Wouldn't mind checking some "need to see places" or try some "need to eat/drink" food/beer. :tup:

Members online

Latest posts