Vince Wilfork

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sheer speculation on my part but, I suspect Wilfork is what the coaches want Raji to be. Raji wants to be Warren Sapp. If he every buys into what the coaches want, Raji can be every bit as good as Wilfork. I'm dubious B.J. will ever see the light. Anyway, if Raji comes back at a reasonable price and a kid is added in the draft to push him for the starting spot, I will be a happy camper for now.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sheer speculation on my part but, I suspect Wilfork is what the coaches want Raji to be. Raji wants to be Warren Sapp. If he every buys into what the coaches want, Raji can be every bit as good as Wilfork. I'm dubious B.J. will ever see the light. Anyway, if Raji comes back at a reasonable price and a kid is added in the draft to push him for the starting spot, I will be a happy camper for now.

Id be thrilled if he was Warren Sapp, who wouldnt want a 1st ballot HOFer?

D

Deleted member 6794

The Jaguars just released Red Bryant. Thompson likes to sign players who were cut as they don´t have an influence on compensatory picks I think the Packers could be interested in him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Someone posted in forum today that Wilfork is seeking somewhere around $10 Million for 2 years...... NT is one huge hole we need to fill on Defense, could Raji fill it....maybe, Guion....average.....but with an Offense that is returning fully in tact, we are a legit SB team IF we shore up the D. To do that....sign Wilfork and Tramon (if we can) and then count on the draft and roster improvement for ILB.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jaguars just released Red Bryant. Thompson likes to sign players who were cut as they don´t have an influence on compensatory picks I think the Packers could be interested in him.

Bryant was a guy I was interested in when Seattle let him go. Anyone know how he is now, or what kind of season he had last year?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between Wilfork, Starks, Bryant, and guys like Raji and Guion I think the Packers will be able to get a NT. I am pretty sure none of them will cost a chance at a compensatory pick. Some team with big money will sign Knighton and maybe even Wilfork (or though I think he wants another ring).

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ted was able to spot what Guion would be when everyone criticized him, I'm putting my faith in him to be able to pull off something similar.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bryant was a guy I was interested in when Seattle let him go. Anyone know how he is now, or what kind of season he had last year?

Bryant was exceptional last season vs. the run but didn't provide anything in terms of rushing the QB. I would be fine with that though as we need to improve the run defense foremost.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the Captain once again. TT likes to look for players who have been cut and wont cost any negative next years comp picks. Everyone needs to look at players who have been cut as possible replacements. I really don't think he will sign any UFAs unless in desperation.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
If Ted was able to spot what Guion would be when everyone criticized him, I'm putting my faith in him to be able to pull off something similar.

Cheesehead- I'd like to ask a favor.

When you post, could you kindly increase the font size? As my eyes cannot possibly be averted from your avatar, I find it difficult to read your posts via my periphery with such small font. Thanks.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between Wilfork, Starks, Bryant, and guys like Raji and Guion I think the Packers will be able to get a NT. I am pretty sure none of them will cost a chance at a compensatory pick. Some team with big money will sign Knighton and maybe even Wilfork (or though I think he wants another ring).

T. Knighton signed for a one year deal with the Redskins for $4 million. I considered him
The best option available so the group above can probably be had for around that amount
Or less.

D

Deleted member 6794

T. Knighton signed for a one year deal with the Redskins for $4 million. I considered him
The best option available so the group above can probably be had for around that amount
Or less.

I was actually surprised by the low contract Knighton signed with the Redskins.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Surprises me too, CaptainWIMM.
Might be in regards to something I read last night that a lot of teams were concerned with his weight/conditioning.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Made the point in another thread, and this isn't a shot at Thompson, just venting, that the Packers gave Raji (who has been bad at NT) as much money last season as Knighton (who has been REALLY good at NT) got this year.

This is simply a thought exercise since Knighton might not have wanted to play in Green Bay but if he did, why wouldn't the Packers have offered Knighton $5m for one year? I mean, he couldn't give the Packers less than what they paid $4m for last year and based on his track record he'd give them far more than any reasonable person would have expected from Raji.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Still holding out hope for Wilfork.....even for $1.5 - 2 million more then Raji, we would have had a sure piece set on defense :(

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
just realized....if Clowney is healthy......Watt, Willfork and Clowney......holy crap!

Members online

Latest posts