Vince Wilfork

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could fill a need for us as we draft and work in a new draft pick at the position. A professional who you wouldnt see have the guion or Jolly type problems.

D

Deleted member 6794

He could fill a need for us as we draft and work in a new draft pick at the position. A professional who you wouldnt see have the guion or Jolly type problems.

Wilfork would be a nice pickup but he will be asking for way more money than Raji and Guion.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always liked him, but even at his age, I think he'll get more than the Packers are going to pay. The age and the size concern me, but he's a guy that will give his all no matter what.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had 5 million dollars to give to one guy on my team for next year, it would be Wilfork, hands down.

D

Deleted member 6794

If I had 5 million dollars to give to one guy on my team for next year, it would be Wilfork, hands down.

I don't think $5 million would be enough to lure Vilfork to Green Bay though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't either, I was just pulling somewhat arbitrary number. Wasn't that about what we paid Raji last year? 4 i think it was, but 5's are easier to count by :) Just saying I think Wilfork, even at his age, is a better short term investment than either Guion or Raji

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilfork has a lot of miles and may not attract the big money. If so, the Packers would be wise to sign him. Raji or Guyon in their 20s will never be the player Wilfork is at age 34. Sign Wilfork and draft a defensive tackle for the future. Someone like Wilfork would make even below average inside linebackers (like our group) look good at stopping the run.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer a crafty, intelligent and proven player in that position. Wilfork is all of those. If he is affordable let BJ, Guion or a rookie back him up. If you can plug a major hole with a proven player, why not? Are we making a Super Bowl run or not?

D

Deleted member 6794

Personally, I prefer a crafty, intelligent and proven player in that position. Wilfork is all of those. If he is affordable let BJ, Guion or a rookie back him up. If you can plug a major hole with a proven player, why not? Are we making a Super Bowl run or not?

If the Packers sign Vilfork there's no need to bring Raji or Guion back. In this case I would prefer to spend an early pick on a NT being capable of taking over once Vilfork's performance declines.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be honest though, there's about a 10% chance of this happening right?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's the off season, we got nothing better to think about then rumors and speculation :coffee:

Could be worse, we could be Bear fans and trying to figure out what they should do with Cutler :roflmao:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not turn this into a Cutler bashing. He's the greatest thing to have happened to the Packers Bears in recent history.

H

HardRightEdge

After 2013's deadbeat performance, Raji is dead to me. I'd grade him worse over that season than even Hawk in base-only after the bye.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilfork would be a nice pickup but he will be asking for way more money than Raji and Guion.

Packers have $32M in cap room. VW is a professional who is one of the best players at his position. He's worth a two-deal at a good salary. He's worth more than Raji and Guion because he's better than Raji and Guion. You know what you're getting with VW. He's worth the price because he's not Raji (injury), Guion (legal issues), Worthy (bad), ect.

H

HardRightEdge

Packers have $32M in cap room. VW is a professional who is one of the best players at his position. He's worth a two-deal at a good salary. He's worth more than Raji and Guion because he's better than Raji and Guion. You know what you're getting with VW. He's worth the price because he's not Raji (injury), Guion (legal issues), Worthy (bad), ect.
You forgot about Boyd, Pennel, Thornton and Gaston. ;) I liked the little I saw of Luther Robinson, so I'm disinclined to mention him in a sarcastic context, but he hasn't played...who knows what we'd get out of him.

All of these guys with the exception of Pennel are smaller than your typical 2-gap NT, and fall more in the category of bigger body 5-tech/3-tech guys who have shown little proclivity for rushing the passer or who have not seen a snap. Pennel lacks athleticism.

If the Packers are going to stick with more 1 gap alignments as with Guion, then they d*amn well better come to play with a significantly improved ILB contingent.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot about Boyd, Pennel, Thornton and Gaston. ;) I liked the little I saw of Luther Robinson, so I'm disinclined to mention him in a sarcastic context, but he hasn't played...who knows what we'd get out of him.

All of these guys with the exception of Pennel are smaller than your typical 2-gap NT, and fall more in the category of bigger body 5-tech/3-tech guys who have shown little proclivity for rushing the passer or who have not seen a snap. Pennel lacks athleticism.

If the Packers are going to stick with more 1 gap alignments as with Guion, then they d*amn well better come to play with a significantly improved ILB contingent.

Gaston? It was nice of them to sign the guy from Beauty and the Beast!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts