Vikings barely beat the Cowboys/Cards

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So they barely beat the Boys at home.

Had to go to overtime to beat the Cards at home.

So why am I still worried that they can take the division

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because when we beat them it was a close game, and last year they beat us twice. thats why.

Mark my words though, we are going to win in Minesotta (hopefully i spelled that wrong). :viksux:

also, look at the rest of our schedule, not too too much to really worry about.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Because when we beat them it was a close game, and last year they beat us twice. thats why.

Mark my words though, we are going to win in Minesotta (hopefully i spelled that wrong). :viksux:

AGREED!!! Redemption for the two losses last year.. WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things were beginning to change for both teams during that game and they are still changing. For the Vikings, things changed for the worst. For the Packers, things changed for the better. I don't worry about the Vikings taking the division as I worry about us playing them. A division rival always has the potential for something to happen. Favre and the Vikings know their season is on the line. The Packers are riding the wave of momentum. When two worlds collide, anything can happen. In a sane and rational world, I would say at this very moment, the Packers should win that game. But "should" in the NFL isn't saying much.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like you!!! I'm feeling it to but I'm always wary and like to err on the side of caution. At this point in the season we begin to find out what exactly teams are really made of. This is when the elite usually emerges and makes their SB run known. I see a great spirit in the Packers, who knows, they may just be such a team. We shall find out as the road to the SB continues to unwind, but there are many battles between here and there. Oh Pack of the Mighty, wield your weapons well, and claim this land as your own, evermore. For thou art as strongeth as thou will to be.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We have NE, Giants, Atlanta...Giants and NE on the road

Minny...Bears 2 times, Washington, Detroit

I just dont like the "feeling" I have

Then again I had those same feelings before the JETS game lol

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are a mess. Nothing short of it.

Plus, they already have 5 losses. Can't you see them losing at least 2 more times? If so, they're 9-7.

Can't you see us winning at least 3 more times?

There you go.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the Packers need is the following:

Win our next 2 games against Minnesota and Atlanta. That will give us the Division I think or at least put us on a firm foundation to be there at 8-3..... Would also be great if we won 3 straight and beat the 49ers, that would put us at 9-3, and we'd have the tie breaker over the Falcons.

What we need is for the Saints and Giants to loose 2 of their next four.

NO has:
Bye
Seattle
@Dallas
@CIncy
@St Louis
@Baltimore
@Atlanta
Tampa

NY Has:
Dallas
@Philly
Jax
Washington
@Minny
Phily
@GB
@Wash

I dunno if Dallas or Seatlle can worry NO but Cincy has played good at times, as has St Louis. I'd love for the Ravens to beat them too, an then it would be up to Atlanta/TAmp/NO to figure out their own division.

For NY, Philly or Washington Could win one of those games, especially with injuries on the Giant's OL. If we can get up a game or two on NY then we don't have to worry about that week 16 contest here at Lambeau so much.

That's what I'd like to see any ways, could see the Packers take a 2 or 3 game lead in the next four weeks if the right teams win. Of course, Things may change if Philly wins a couple of games in a row including home Vs NY But my hope is the Redskins will take care of business at Home Vs Phily and keep them at 5-4 a game behind us while we are on the bye.

Edit:

After looking at the standings, I realize this discounts Chicago, but I'm trusting their blow up will continue and they will regress the rest of the year.

Chicago has games
@Buffalo
Minnesota
@Miami
Phily
@Detroit
New England
@Minnesota
NY
@GB

They are only a game back right now and could be tied with us if they beat Buffalo as expected this week. I'm hopeful the Vikings beat them next week though which will put them a game back again, and if they lose to NE, NY, or Phily, I think that would help us a lot before the final game, which I hope to win :D

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm right there with ya. For me it's because they aren't eliminated yet, and despite all their issues, they still have a shot at winning the division. I don't care who they beat, they gutted it out and turned it on when they needed to. A win this week puts them one game below .500 and us in a must win situation.

For me it's also because we have a recent history of losing close games and the last game was a close one.

Plus I'm sure they will be extra motivated, especially after the way the last one worked out for them. There's no player in the league more vindictive than Favre, and combined with the Vikings having nothing to lose makes for a dangerous combination.

The bright side is we've proven we can compete with anyone. As injury riddled as we are, we're still a tough out and have shown a lot of heart and character. I just hope we don't come out of the bye week flat and instead come out swinging.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are a mess. Nothing short of it.

Plus, they already have 5 losses. Can't you see them losing at least 2 more times? If so, they're 9-7.

Can't you see us winning at least 3 more times?

There you go.

They're also set to get Sidney Rice back, possibly as soon as this week. He really made the difference for them last season, and while we have no idea how healthy and mobile he is at this point, he could very well be a difference maker for them this year. Sometimes all it takes is a spark.

Hopefully for us Pickett is healthy. A line with him, Raji and Howard Green is going to be harder to run on. Plus we were without Jenkins last time as well, and having him back will bode well for our defensive line.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
What the Packers need is the following:

Win our next 2 games against Minnesota and Atlanta. That will give us the Division I think or at least put us on a firm foundation to be there at 8-3..... Would also be great if we won 3 straight and beat the 49ers, that would put us at 9-3, and we'd have the tie breaker over the Falcons.
That's the kicker isn't it? Atlanta is 17-1 with Matt Ryan starting in Atalanta. That one loss was in 2008. And you never can tell about which Vikings team will show up. The one at the beginning of the last game or the one that showed up in the 4th quarter and OT of Sundays game.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the kicker isn't it? Atlanta is 17-1 with Matt Ryan starting in Atalanta. That one loss was in 2008. And you never can tell about which Vikings team will show up. The one at the beginning of the last game or the one that showed up in the 4th quarter and OT of Sundays game.

Yeah Atlanta has been good at home, but I have a good feeling about Atlanta for some reason. But the truth is its still too close to call the race this year. too close indeed.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
I believe we will take the division with no problem. I say we beat Minn, niners, atlanta for sure. NE i think we will also beat, i just have alot of confidence in us and our D right now. I have no doubt about it in my head. Then again this is all my opinions. With this momentum and this drive we got going, home or not i dont see to many teams beating us. None actually. As far as Minn. goes i definetly see them losing atleast 4 more games. They barely won last Sunday. Lets see how it goes...im so anxious to see us play i dont like the bye week right now lol.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Why is everyone so sure we'll beat Atlanta who's one of the best teams in the NFC, if not the best?

I'm concerned about Minnesota too. Gutty win for them against Arizona and I'm worried that somewhere in the 4th quarter of that game they figured some things out and remembered they're too talented to suck as badly as they have. If they can pull it all together, they have the talent to win out or come close to winning out.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Why is everyone so sure we'll beat Atlanta who's one of the best teams in the NFC, if not the best?

I'm concerned about Minnesota too. Gutty win for them against Arizona and I'm worried that somewhere in the 4th quarter of that game they figured some things out and remembered they're too talented to suck as badly as they have. If they can pull it all together, they have the talent to win out or come close to winning out.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not be so quick to annoint atlanta as the beall end all look who they've played since week 1:

@PITT L 15-9 OT 6-2
Arizona W 41-7 3-5
@NO W27-24 OT 6-3
SF W 16-14 2-6
@Cleveland W 20-10
@Phil L 31-17 5-3
Cincy W 39-32 2-6
Bye
Tampa W 27-21 5-3
Baltimore (Thursday)

Of the eight teams they played 3 are clearly bottom feeders this year, CIncy and SF at 2-6 and arizona at 3-5. They lost to a 6-2 Pitsburgh team and a 5-3 Phily team With philly that was Kolb's one good game, so I dunno if I'd be so quick to annoint them. NO has struggled until the last three weeks, Tampa has been solid it seems but who has tampa played?

Tampa: Cleveland, Carolina, Cincy, St Lois, Arizona, and a close loss to Atlanta and NO and PITT. cle 3-5 Car 1-7, STL 4-4, Aona 3-5

So I'm not convinced the NFC south will end up looking as strong as it does now, and Atlanta has only won one key game over a team away from the Ga dome.```

Yes they beat NO at NO when NO was struggling from the post super bowl hang over, and they beat tampa barely last week, but that may not lance.

The one stat that is troubling is Atlanta's home record with Matt Ryan, however, if any team has a Pass Defense I think can stifle them this year, its the packers.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After looking at the standings, I realize this discounts Chicago, but I'm trusting their blow up will continue and they will regress the rest of the year.

Chicago has games
@Buffalo
Minnesota
@Miami
Phily
@Detroit
New England
@Minnesota
NY
@GB

They are only a game back 1\2 game actually Pack 6-3 Bears 5-3 right now and could be tied with us if they beat Buffalo They played Buffalo & won last Sunday as expected this week. I'm hopeful the Vikings beat them next week this weekthough which will put them a game back again, and if they lose to NE, NY, or Phily, I think that would help us a lot before the final game, which I hope to win :D
Sorry to rain on your parade LOL!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to rain on your parade LOL!

Looks like the page I was viewing on ESPN didn't have that game updated when I wrote that post. LAUGH! Your right they did beat buffalo. And they play Minnesota this week. I feel even better now LOL and you technically may be correct about it being a half game back (I've never understood a half game back unless it was like 6-2 vs 6-3, but I digress, the point is one W this week and we are tied with the bears... Maybe we should be more worried about them than Minnesota?)

Chicago still has
Minnesota
@Miami
Phily
@Detroit
New england
@Minnesota
New York
@Green Bay

So I guess if it is possible it could come down to Jan 2nd at Lamebeau,. but I'm hopeful that Minny splits games with Chicago, And phily or NE or NYJ find a way ... but might we end up seeing them in the playoffs? Who knows? Thus far the bears wins have been over Detroit, Dallas, US, Carolina. But they lost to Seattle, so take that for what it was, and that Washington game was awful? They've lost 3 of the last five games since they beat us. I guess I shouldn't discount the Bears quite so much.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i feel we can beat the vikes,they played a great game against the cowpokes i know they didn't play the best,so they say and that may be so but we shut out the jets granted at that time o-line didn't do much but they will after the bye,we will have driver back w.r. played well against Dallas plus i think they will give big headache to the vikes more so this time lights out with our d-line.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why I can't figure out who to root for between viks & bears...if the bears win, they are tied with us at 6-3...I think they will stumble the rest of the year...they didn't look to good against the Bills.

I hate em' both so this is a win-lose or lose-win situation!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I plan to not cheer as much against :chisux: as I will against :viksux:. Drive a stake into the :viksux: while they are down. One fewer team to worry about. With the schedule they have left the :chisux: will implode without any help. Their cupcake schedule is over. They might not win again.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree with Poppa San. As much as I hate to say it, the Vikings are the bigger threat. And as a bonus, I can maybe have my grandson over to watch the game. My idiot son-in-law has made the boy a Bears fan. Meh.

Members online

Latest posts