Views on Draft Picks from a "Former Scout"...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The opposite point of seeing an athlete in shorts is seeing a football player in pads.
It's easy to say NOW that the Barnett's and Jenning's were easy to spot as players even in their shorts but the bottom line is it doesn't mean squat until they put the pads on.

He doesn't say anything about all the guys that look great in shorts but suck when the pads come on and there is plenty of those guys.

About all we know from what they have been able to show as pro's so far is who would be great flag league players. The real deal is coming soon enough.

All the author is saying is that there are some rookies who already begin to stand out in the minicamps. Barnett, Jennings, and Jones all fit that bill. Each of them had a "buzz" about them already by this point. I can't think of any players who had that kind of a buzz--I mean one that was based on performance in the OTA's and minicamps rather than their reputation coming into the league--but then flopped.

I think some people are reading too much into this article. It's not like the guy just condemned the entire '08 draft class to obscurity. He's just writing about what he's seen so far.

bigbyfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, if we brought in anyone at QB (assuming a QB went down), my money would be with Craig Nall. If Rodgers goes down, the season is screwed anyways. Brohm may have potential but rookie QBs never do that well.

Ben Roethlisberger did pretty well as a rookie. If the Packers bring in a veteren QB, I think it will be Quinn Gray. Weren't the Packers interested in him before?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts