1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATED INJURY REPORT + Post Game Thread: Packers beat Lions

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    good updates guys, thanks

2. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The injuries to KGB and Woodson really hurt the Packers' ability to put away the Lions. And losing Rouse made it even worse. I was getting nervous with the likes of Peprah and Walker running around back there in the fourth quarter.

I agree with AADP that the pass interference against Bigby was a bad call. He had his head turned around and was playing the ball.

3. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok Bozz_2006. You brought up the Bookies..... I am curious? What do you think the Point Spread will be in the Packers VS. Dallas game next week.

My guess is the Packers open up as 3.5 Under dogs against the Cowboys.

4.5 Underdogs if Woodson is out.

Just wondering.....

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I heard we were 3.5 underdogs against the Lions. I'd predict the Cowboys are gonna be six point favorites if not more.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    i'm thinking 6.5. If it's any more than that, and i notice one questionable pass interference call, i'm gonna ******* flip out. can we find out whose crew is officiating? I'm hoping for Gerry Austin, but i'm not holding my breath.

6. slowsinistermo

slowsinistermo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

huh? we were favored by 4

7. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There are two other injuries to report:

1. Kampman is fatigued from throwing the backup right tackle all over the field on every play.
    2. Popinga has two broken ankles from an early on juke. He did finish the game, but is having a CT, MRI and ABC in the morning.

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    get that man a PBR ASAP!

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Re: UPDATED INJURY REPORT + Post Game Thread: Packers beat L

Chris Havel and Harry Syndey were trying to figure out how the Packers were underdogs against the Lions. They said something about 3 points for home team and couldn't figure out where the .5 point came from.

I don't know squat about odds, just what I hear.

10. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Gold. And from a non-fan, no less!!

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Yeah GB was favored by 4, not the lions favored by 3.

12. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

In other words, Trom made some scratch today!!!

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm pretty sure GB has covered the spread 90% of the time this year due to no love from Vegas. I've won multiple times and I suggest you guys do the same, although they might actually start giving the Packers bigger lines now.....nah.

14. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    trom youd be right. Green Bay is now 9-1 against the spread. so is New England. sounds like the elite teams to me.

i hope they keep underestimating us... cause imma keep ridin the wave.

my guess for next weeks spread. Packers +3.5 (dallas at home, gb banged up and still treated like the NFC stepchild for some reason) o/u 49

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Been doing it all year. I'm ****** glad Vegas doesn't take us seriously. Easy money.

16. 1cesc

1cesc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

KGB sounds optimistic:

Source: http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/11/22/packers-37-lions-26-final.aspx

17. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Injury update: Aaron Kampan has indigestion from eating Lions Right Tackles all day.

18. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I am normally really happy after a GB win, but not this week, it's been soured by injuries.

19. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Some random quotes for the Detroit Free Press...

20. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  21. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A short summary from the link Midwest provided:

corner back Charles Woodson (injured big toe), defensive tackle Colin Cole (fractured left forearm), defensive end KGB (knee and ankle sprains), Safety Aaron Rouse (knee sprain), right tackle Mark Tauscher (ankle sprain), linebacker Tracy White (ankle sprain), receiver Donald Driver (ankle sprain) and defensive tackle Ryan Pickett (knee sprain).

Interesting to note that the injury to Woodson's big toe was NOT identified as turf toe.

22. TOPHAT

TOPHAT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    SUMMARY: UPDATED INJURY REPORT

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Friday, November 23, 2007
    Injury update
    Defensive tackle Colin Cole will miss at least one game and probably more with a broken arm, apparently the most significant injury among eight players who suffered or aggravated injuries in Thursday's win at Detroit.

The other most notable injuries McCarthy mentioned were to end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, who suffered ankle and knee sprains, and cornerback Charles Woodson, who has an injured big toe. Meanwhile, safety Nick Collins, tight end Bubba Franks and cornerback Will Blackmon all apparently have a chance to return to action next week at Dallas, McCarthy said.

Coaches and trainers haven't made a decision about whether Cole, who fractured his left forearm Sunday, will play again this season "but he won't play this week, I do know that for sure," coach Mike McCarthy said this afternoon.

Woodson has a lot of swelling in the big toe on his right foot and was receiving treatment. Team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie did not describe the injury as turf toe, McCarthy said, adding that Woodson had not had an X-ray. Gbaja-Biamila is undergoing more tests this afternoon.

Safety Aaron Rouse (knee sprain), right tackle Mark Tauscher (ankle sprain), linebacker Tracy White (ankle sprain), receiver Donald Driver (ankle sprain) and defensive tackle Ryan Pickett (knee sprain) also sustained or aggravated injuries Thursday. It's unclear whether any of them are in danger of missing the Dallas game.

"I just think you need to be smart when you have injuries at this time of year," McCarthy said. "You have five games left, and I understand the importance and the excitement of the upcoming game at Dallas, but we just need to be smart as we go through these individual injuries and keep in mind there's a lot of football left."

Despite strong play from Rouse, McCarthy said he expects Collins to be the starter once he's healthy. Collins and Franks will be "close" for Thursday's game, while Blackmon "has a chance" to be active.

23. slowsinistermo

slowsinistermo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this isn't looking good

24. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    i'm concernicux

25. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead