1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

UPDATED INJURY REPORT + Post Game Thread: Packers beat Lions

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Nov 22, 2007.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Update on injuries, per Greg Bedard (with thanks to longtimefan and packwillBEback for posting the updates):

RT Mark Tauscher left with his sprained ankle. Tauscher said he actually felt better later in the game, but the big lead allowed them to get him some rest and play Tony Moll. He said he'll play against the Cowboys.

DT Colin Cole l DT Colin Cole left late with fractured left forearm. He's probably out for a while unless he can play in a lot of pain. He couldn't even put his shirt on all the way. He didn't look happy.

WR Donald Driver has a right foot injury and was limping around pretty good in the locker room. He's in a lot of pain but says he's fine. He'll be there on Thursday.

S Aaron Rouse left with a knee injury, not just to give Charlie Peprah. Not sure of Rouse's injury quite yet, but he looked fine in the locker room and was in good spirits.

CB Charles Woodson (foot) was in the locker room. Apparently the toe injured today has been bothering Woodson all season. Here's what Woodson had to say after the game: "It’s not broken, but it hurts,” he said. "It’s my big toe on my right foot. I did the same thing on my other foot once in Oakland.” Woodson said it was too early to tell whether he could play against Dallas.

DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila was not in the locker room. We're waiting on him as well.

2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Post Game Thread: Packers beat Lions, plus injury updates

Injuries really piled up, hope nothing is too serious...damn Woodson as a punt returner. Oh, well...10-1 is pretty sweet.

3. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Driver, Woodson, Rouse and KGB came up big for us today....crossing fingers for all six of them to return for the Dallas game.

4. The_Butler_did_it

The_Butler_did_it Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Post Game Thread: Packers beat Lions, plus injury update

I heard Collin Cole went down late also.

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Me too. We'll need all four of them against the Cows.

Man, Driver looked great today. Once again, fought for every yard he got tooth and nail. I love watching Driver out there.

6. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

THUOUGHT:

I would like to look at a graph chart.... The number of average game injuries after an NFL team plays a Thursday game after a Sunday game - compared to the regular Sunday to Sunday week off.

THOUGHT:

I felt sick when I heard Chuck was hurt on the Punt Return. Chuck is too valuable to be returning punts. I hope he will be fine, but he went through this in Oakland and it set him back big time.

THOUGHT:

Brett should be the M.V.P. It is not worth a hill of beans what Brady is doing compared to what Brett has done this year at his age and with the tools he has to work with. Take Moss out of the Picture and Brett wins hands down.

This year Brett has solidified his argument that he is the greatest Q.B. of all time in N.F.L. History. I was so very wrong when I thought he was done after the 4-12 season 2 years ago. If I ever see him, I well drop down and kiss his feet. Even though I know he will kick me in the face for doing that.

Thought:

What was the name of that Wide Receiver who left us for Denver? I can not remember?

Thought:

No matter what happens.... I hope we do not think like Yankee Baseball fans at the end of this season. In my eyes this season has already been a brilliant success for the Coach, The kids on this team, Brett, The fans, T.T. and Bob.

Edit: One more THOUGHT:

I hope the Cowboys win tonight, I hope they win by 31 points. I want the Packers to focus on playing a 10 - 1 team, and not be facing a pissed off Dallas Team at home.

Life is good for Packer Fans.

R.P.

7. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

Woodson better be ok, we need him.

8. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Those are the worst possible players to have hurt. Hopefully they're all ok.

9. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

At least these guys will get a full week of rest now. I'm not complaining about watching the Pack on Turkey Day, I wish they would be on every year. I'm just glad they will get a week of rest to heal all the wounds.

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Re: UPDATED INJURY REPORT + Post Game Thread: Packers beat L

Three edits and still can not spell HEAR properly...

EDIT by AADP - My bad, I accidently hit the "edit" button and added my reply to your post, instead of hitting the 'quote' button.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Javon Walker = the guy who left GB for Denver via draft day trade.

12. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0

lol, Hey I'm copying and pasting from Greg Bedard's blog, and editing to post updates. Give me a break. :p

13. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

TOM PELISSERO: KGB injured his right ankle on his second-quarter sack of Jon Kitna and did not return. His leg bent extremely awkwardly on the play as he collided with right tackle Blaine Saipaia, who was blocking Aaron Kampman from the other side.

Woodson's injured toe, which has bothered him all season, flared up again. It didn't sound like there's much new there, just a bad day on it.

Collins hopes to return next week. Franks was running around at practice a little last week, but there's no rush to get him back.

source: http://forums.packersnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=243107

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Woodson should NOT be returning punts. Just my opinion. He's TOO important to chance an injury there.
    Driver is the one that really worries me. He was leg whipped in the back of the leg pretty bad. We NEED him. I hope he's ok.

15. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    What Coach McCarthy had to say on Woodson returning punts after the game today:

16. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    link
    RT Mark Tauscher left with his sprained ankle. Tauscher said he actually felt better later in the game, but the big lead allowed them to get him some rest and play Tony Moll. He said he'll play against the Cowboys;
    DT Colin Cole left late with fractured left forearm. He's probably out for a while unless he can play in a lot of pain. He couldn't even put his shirt on all the way. He didn't look happy;
    WR Donald Driver has a right foot injury and was limping around pretty good in the locker room. He's in a lot of pain but says he's fine. He'll be there on Thursday;
    S Aaron Rouse left with a knee injury, not just to give Charlie Peprah. Not sure of Rouse's injury quite yet, but he looked fine in the locker room and was in good spirits;
    CB Charles Woodson (toe) was in the locker room. Here's what Woodson had to say after the game: "It’s not broken, but it hurts,” he said. "It’s my big toe on my right foot. I did the same thing on my other foot once in Oakland.” Woodson said it was too early to tell whether he could play against Dallas;
    DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila was not in the locker room. We're waiting to hear on him.

17. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
  18. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970
    LOL Will..We posted at same time

19. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the update LT and PackWBB, I'll edit my original post and add those comments. :)

20. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Hahah...long time, at first I was like "oops" repost, just at the same time.....

GOd...WHY does this have to happen before Dallas...I hate short weeks....

21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,970

not really a short week b4 Dallas..It is exactly 7 days

22. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

This week was a short week. It's not that the week leading up to Dallas is a short week, but that this one was and could have contributed to all the injuries.

You just mis-read his post.

23. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else wondering how much worse the officiating can get against the Packers?

Granted the got the call on Kampman against the Lions right, but there should have been an offensive PI on Calvin Johnson for pushing Bush when Bush had a chance to INT the ball (Bush still made a solid play).

However, the worst call by far was the PI against Bigby. The WR ran into Bigby, who was looking at the ball and had not intentionally looking to interfere against the WR.

24. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I agree about the refs lousy calls , and the lousy no calls - detriot def had at least 2 pass interference they didnt call :-? :penflag: :rubeyes:

25. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    don't count on getting any help from the officials next week. the bookies are definitely going to make sure that the officials stick it to the pack.