Update on favre # retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If/when this happens I wonder if Brent is going to text an invite to Jenn Sterger or any other chick he has his little eye on?
Certainly a bitter fan.

If Favre is overrated, what does that make Rodgers? Have looked at his playoff record?

Will Favre have another player on the GB offense over his 16 years of calling the shots inducted into the HOF? Think about that.

Stop the personal attacks. If you think Flynn would have led GB into the playoffs, why didn't he play? Guess that puts your maybe statement to rest.

#4 gets into the HOF on the first ballet. Guess that makes him overrated. Talk about nonsense.

Have another Blatz!
I dunno why you responded to my joke/comment about BrINT's sexting scandal.
Which also brings up that fact that he was attempting to cheat on his CANCER SURVIVING wife.
Which wasn't cool and makes him look like an even bigger ****** than he already is.

I'll let this article (Of which there is part of it below. Go to the link to read the rest.) do the "talking" for me which shows you how overrated BrINT really is.
When they have a pic of another QB on the same page, in this case Bart Starr, that shows that your QB is not that good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3281535

Yes, Favre won a Super Bowl -- 11 years ago! But as his career arc spiraled downward, the blind adulation only got worse.
Favre's passer rating in his last 12 postseason games was a pedestrian 77.8. In his last five wild-card games, he went 2-3 with more interceptions (nine) than touchdown passes (seven). In his last three divisional playoff games, he went 1-2 with seven TDs and seven interceptions. That's a 3-5 record with 14 touchdown passes and 16 picks.
In two of his last four postseason appearances, Favre threw two of the most unthinkable playoff interceptions in NFL history, both in overtime -- to Brian Dawkins of thePhiladelphia Eagles in 2003 and to Corey Webster of the New York Giants in January. In fact, Favre is the only quarterback in NFL history to throw overtime interceptions in two playoff games. In his last nine playoff games, Favre threw 18 interceptions.

FF: Now that is pathetic! Nothing at all to be proud of.
At the time, this overrated loser was our only hope. We had no choice but to cheer him on.
I'm glad the Packers got rid of him and brought in Rodgers which gives us better hope for the future.
I wouldn't claim that Rodgers is overrated because he is not throwing away the playoff games that he loses with interceptions.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I think Rodgers is a better QB than favre was. Well see when it's all said n done who had the better career. Rodgers simply doesn't turn the ball over the favre did.

In 10 years favre might hold all the career franchise records but be the 3rd best QB in franchise history.

The fact of the matter is, the ONLY records brent will still have are longevity records and some of those will fall as well if Rodgers stays healthy. Regarding passing accuracy, in-game records and all of those types of records... those will all be broken if they have not already by Rodgers. He is in fact the third best QB in Packers history.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People that take years to get over something that is from the game of football are pathetic. Football is a game, entertainment. None of this affected anything so serious in your life that your life altered in anyway. Immature, pathetic people still cry over a game.
I could see how a casual fan wouldn't understand about being passionate about a team.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre nut swingers coming out of the woodwork
Is everything only black and white to you? That's a pretty simplistic mode of thought. Maybe that's all you're capable of, but there's a crapload of gray in there. By your own standard, that would make you a TT c ocksu cker. (Mods please note that ivo here started the derogatories.) There's a time for everything and it's time to get this crap out of the way already.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is everything only black and white to you? That's a pretty simplistic mode of thought. There's a crapload of gray in there. By your own standard, that would make you a TT c ocksu cker. (Mods please note that ivo here started the derogatories.) There's a time for everything and it's time to get this crap out of the way already.

Black and white? I look at what happened and think the guy is a scumbag as a person and treated the org like crap so we shouldn't honor him.

I hate favre fans. Those fans that stopped supporting the packers when they got butt hurt that favre cried his way out of GB. It's obvious who they are and are trying to come back to the team.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I love my ignore button. The ignore button is my friend. The ignore button is my friend. :geek:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is everything only black and white to you? That's a pretty simplistic mode of thought. Maybe that's all you're capable of, but there's a crapload of gray in there. By your own standard, that would make you a TT c ocksu cker. (Mods please note that ivo here started the derogatories.) There's a time for everything and it's time to get this crap out of the way already.

In all fairness... calling somebody an Eagles fan is about as bad as it gets. :D

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all fairness... calling somebody an Eagles fan is about as bad as it gets. :D

Doesn't bother me. They are hardcore passionate fans who love their team, plus they are a pretty feared fan base. Other than Oakland you wouldn't want to go to that stadium and troll the fans. Being called a Viking fan would be much worse. But at least Vikings fans have a team they follow instead of obsessing over a single player to the point they abandon the team they cheered for years and embarrassingly try to crawl back years later.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me. They are hardcore passionate fans who love their team, plus they are a pretty feared fan base. Other than Oakland you wouldn't want to go to that stadium and troll the fans. Being called a Viking fan would be much worse. But at least Vikings fans have a team they follow instead of obsessing over a single player to the point they abandon the team they cheered for years and embarrassingly try to crawl back years later.

I know.... but Eagles fans have many times showed absolutely no class. Throwing crap at players is complete BS and it's common at Eagles games.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know.... but Eagles fans have many times showed absolutely no class. Throwing crap at players is complete BS and it's common at Eagles games.
I'm not a fan of the Irvin situation but throwing snow balls and booing santa makes me laugh

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Black and white? I look at what happened and think the guy is a scumbag as a person and treated the org like crap so we shouldn't honor him.

I hate favre fans. Those fans that stopped supporting the packers when they got butt hurt that favre cried his way out of GB. It's obvious who they are and are trying to come back to the team.
Those are bandwagon fans.
We don't need 'em.
Packers have enough real fans that stick with them through good and bad times no matter who is playing and no matter who is in the office making the right or wrong descion.

Those Favre/bandwagon fans didn't have any interest in the Packers until he started playing and did good. They ignore Reggie White and how he helped the team.
They think that Favre did it all.
"Oh look! The Packers are in the Super Bowl! And it's all because of Brett! That's it! I'm now a Packers fan!"

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are bandwagon fans.
We don't need 'em.
Packers have enough real fans that stick with them through good and bad times no matter who is playing and no matter who is in the office making the right or wrong descion.

Those Favre/bandwagon fans didn't have any interest in the Packers until he started playing and did good. They ignore Reggie White and how he helped the team.
They think that Favre did it all.
"Oh look! The Packers are in the Super Bowl! And it's all because of Brett! That's it! I'm now a Packers fan!"

AMEN Brotha. ...and three short years after winning the Superbowl, those very same type of fans are usually the ones hatting on the guy that put together that Super Bowl roster and hating on the team.

OP
OP
Royal Pain

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this is obviously still a very sensitive subject. I wonder if the Packer fan base as a whole is as scewed towards negative feelings as this forum is toward Favre. Murphy's not stupid. He knows it wouldn't look good if the team held a retirement ceremony and the majority of fans booed the honoree.

I don't understand this continued characterization of fans that support honoring Favre for his accomplishments in Green Bay as being not passionate or bandwagon or anti-TT. There is a segment of fans, passionate ones like myself, that may or may not have cared for the way Brett handled his departure (I did not), but choose not to treat him like persona non grata. Whether you like him as a person or not, he was an amazing and exciting football player. That's what I want to see him honored for.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck, we named our stadium after a guy that almost ruined the franchise. He was a philanderer, a compulsive liar and a manipulator. Lombardi left the Packers in an acrimonious manner as well. They all did great things for the franchise but ended on sour notes. I can forgive but won't forget.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can remember being at training camp back in 2008 and people walking around trying to get signatures trying to Bring Favre back. I was always a guy who LOVED Brett Favre, to me, he could do no wrong. All that being said, I was ready to move on. I thought we really had something with Aaron based on what I saw in the Dallas game the year before. I was ready for the next chapter to begin and then he started playing with our emotions and that's when the hate began for me. I've since moved on and am ready to let him back in. No hard feelings anymore for me, it's time to retire his number and put him where he belongs in the ring of honor.

D

Deleted member 6794

Here's my take on the situation. I appreciate what Favre did over 16 seasons with the Packers but I don't think I'll be able to forgive him for all the stuff he did during the summer of 2008 and afterwards.

He'll be introduced into the ring of honor once he's in the HOF, but I don't see any reason to retire his number after all he did.

AMEN Brotha. ...and three short years after winning the Superbowl, those very same type of fans are usually the ones hatting on the guy that put together that Super Bowl roster and hating on the team.

You're not a better fan of the team cause you don't criticize anything TT has done since winning the Super Bowl (BTW you should read Andrew Brandt's article about how Schneider and Dorsey influenced the way the 2010 roster was build).

Following that logic you would still have to love Favre, eventually it has only been 17 short years since he helped us win a Super Bowl.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should honor Donald Driver first.
So loyal to the fans that he retired not because he felt like he was done but because he didn't want to leave to another team even though he was benched when he shouldn't have been.
Still had plenty of gas left in his tank.
Class act all around.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck, we named our stadium after a guy that almost ruined the franchise. He was a philanderer, a compulsive liar and a manipulator. Lombardi left the Packers in an acrimonious manner as well. They all did great things for the franchise but ended on sour notes. I can forgive but won't forget.

Does that make me a Lombardi nut *******?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my take on the situation. I appreciate what Favre did over 16 seasons with the Packers but I don't think I'll be able to forgive him for all the stuff he did during the summer of 2008 and afterwards.

He'll be introduced into the ring of honor once he's in the HOF, but I don't see any reason to retire his number after all he did.

You're not a better fan of the team cause you don't criticize anything TT has done since winning the Super Bowl (BTW you should read Andrew Brandt's article about how Schneider and Dorsey influenced the way the 2010 roster was build).

Following that logic you would still have to love Favre, eventually it has only been 17 short years since he helped us win a Super Bowl.

lol...what? brent is similar to ted ....exactly how? you really are just trying to hard now.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It's easy to forget Rhodes was the Packers HC for the 1999 season. When I posted about Harlan changing the structure of the organization I mentioned Wolf, Holmgren, and Sherman but not Rhodes. I didn't mention him because his one-year stint at Green Bay didn't change the structure of the organization; Wolf was still the GM, hiring and firing the HC.

TJV, never will I forget that RR was coach...hired AFTER running the Eagles ino the ground in 4 years. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts