Update on favre # retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this thread alone is reason enough we shouldn't be talking about retiring the jersey number...not for at least another decade.
Why bother doing it all? Outside of the fact that most of you would be able to show your colors and stand up boo. I guess that would be an aspect of the #4 hater therapy.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Black and white? I look at what happened and think the guy is a scumbag as a person and treated the org like crap so we shouldn't honor him.

I hate favre fans. Those fans that stopped supporting the packers when they got butt hurt that favre cried his way out of GB.
I'm not one of those, so you can stop making that false assumption starting today. I was pissed as hell at how he handled everything. That doesn't mean I or anyone else has to be a hateful person, like you. Hate breeds anger and anger ultimately breeds depression and bitterness. You go ahead and harbor a life-long grudge, but you have no right to insult those of us who don't wish to waste our energy on that.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Bart Starr stands above most as a class act. It's a shame that many, maybe including some of you, berated him as washed up at the end of his career and wanted him run out of town when he ran the team.

Can't have it both ways.
This is hilarious! Congratulations on posting one of the most obvious and absurd accusations I’ve seen on any forum. I realize some refuse to recognize this but Favre’s actions against the franchise after leaving the Packers stand alone. The contrast between the very classy Bart Starr and the classless Favre couldn't be sharper.

BTW, I for one never lost respect for Starr. IMO he was unprepared for both the GM & HC jobs but was actually improving as a HC at the time of his firing. Since you view Starr as a class act his comments about Favre have to sting a little, huh?

Hey, and how’s this for an unsubstantiated accusation: It was disgusting that some so-called Packers fans, maybe you, yelled ‘F U’ at Aaron Rodgers during the Favre-made mess.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not one of those, so you can stop making that false assumption starting today. I was pissed as hell at how he handled everything. That doesn't mean I or anyone else has to be a hateful person, like you. Hate breeds anger and anger ultimately breeds depression and bitterness. You go ahead and harbor a life-long grudge, but you have no right to insult those of us who don't wish to waste our energy on that.
Well stated.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hate? No. That's too strong. It's more about my love for the packers. But thanks for assuming

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this thread alone is reason enough we shouldn't be talking about retiring the jersey number...not for at least another decade.
Why? There'll always be a handful of *****ers and moaners out there. Should they rule the day?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are one bitter human being. Do you kick your dog?
No. Because I don't have a dog.
As far as his wife, please leave her alone. She is a cancer survivor and doesn't need the trash talk.
Which is worse:
The comments we have made towards Deanna which she probably doesn't read or know about?
Or
Her husband attempting to cheat on her by calling and texting pics of his Lil' Brett to another woman which she does know about?
Choose one and choose wisely.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is hilarious! Congratulations on posting one of the most obvious and absurd accusations I’ve seen on any forum. I realize some refuse to recognize this but Favre’s actions against the franchise after leaving the Packers stand alone. The contrast between the very classy Bart Starr and the classless Favre couldn't be sharper.

BTW, I for one never lost respect for Starr. IMO he was unprepared for both the GM & HC jobs but was actually improving as a HC at the time of his firing. Since you view Starr as a class act his comments about Favre have to sting a little, huh?

Hey, and how’s this for an unsubstantiated accusation: It was disgusting that some so-called Packers fans, maybe you, yelled ‘F U’ at Aaron Rodgers during the Favre-made mess.
Seems like you have all the answers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre fan and you come over to this board when his forum closes? Yeah we all remember those fans.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate? No. That's too strong. It's more about my love for the packers. But thanks for assuming
If "hate" is too strong, then why did you use the term to describe your own feelings? Backpedal much?

BTW, you don't love the Packers any more than I do, I can assure you. So don't use that as an excuse.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Because I don't have a dog.

Which is worse:
The comments we have made towards Deanna which she probably doesn't read or know about?
Or
Her husband attempting to cheat on her by calling and texting pics of his Lil' Brett to another woman which she does know about?
Choose one and choose wisely.
Seems like you also have all the answers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If "hate" is too strong, then why did you use the term to describe your own feelings? Backpedal much?

I thought you were talking about my feelings towards Brett. Oh yes, I hate favre fans. Obnoxious and ignorant.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deanna is fair game. She is a public figure. She promoted her self as such. If she was a random stay at home wife I would say that's off limits.

She's clearly obsessed with her image

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like you also have all the answers.
Way to avoid the question so that you can keep your rusty boy up there on the pedestal.

Don't be pointing any fingers at us when things that we do are harmless and tame compared to the things that Brent did to his CANCER SURVIVING wife which are far, far worse.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to avoid the question so that you can keep your rusty boy up there on the pedestal.

Don't be pointing any fingers at us when things that we do are harmless and tame compared to the things that Brent did to his CANCER SURVIVING wife which are far, far worse.
His number will be retired and he will be in the HOF. If you want to complain about it and trigger hypertension, be sure to take your meds. I'm worried about you.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His number will be retired and he will be in the HOF. If you want to complain about it and trigger hypertension, be sure to take your meds. I'm worried about you.
You are a true BrINT ball licker.
You will look past his faults and keep on the rose colored glasses while wearing blinders with your fingers in your ears while singing, "La, la la, I can't hear you!"
You are perfectly OK with Bret trying to cheat on his cancer surviving wife.
Aren't you?

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are a true BrINT ball licker.
You will look past his faults and keep on the rose colored glasses while wearing blinders with your fingers in your ears while singing, "La, la la, I can't hear you!"
You are perfectly OK with Bret trying to cheat on his cancer surviving wife.
Aren't you?
Why the personal attacks? Take the meds now. Your head is going to explode.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the personal attacks? Take the meds now. Your head is going to explode.

These are the kinds of responses you get from brent lovers. Do you care to respond to his question now?

Are you perfectly OK with the great ole' Brent trying to cheat on his cancer surviving wife?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the personal attacks?
Wrote the one who earlier called me bitter and accused me of kicking dogs.

When you point one finger at someone you have three pointing back.

I would still like to know why you are upset at us writing harmless things about Deanna but yet you give Brent a free pass for attempting to cheat on her. A cancer survivor.
When you tell us to stop suggesting mean things about her, you pull out the victim card.
But when your rust bucket boy does something worse, that victim card gets put under the deck.
Why is that?

Packerfan0220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People on this site are funny! It's either you hate Favre or love, there is no in between. If you are cool with him being retired then you are not a passionate fan. Seriously, and I know not everyone is saying that so not lumping everyone in. I for one am a Packer fan first, not a Favre fan, not a Rodgers fan, but I think its time to let go and move on. Honor the guy and as a fan base move on. Maybe I am not wired the same way, but I really don't understand the resentment 5 years later. Just remember, had he not retired when he did, would we still have Rodgers?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People on this site are funny! It's either you hate Favre or love, there is no in between. If you are cool with him being retired then you are not a passionate fan. Seriously, and I know not everyone is saying that so not lumping everyone in. I for one am a Packer fan first, not a Favre fan, not a Rodgers fan, but I think its time to let go and move on. Honor the guy and as a fan base move on. Maybe I am not wired the same way, but I really don't understand the resentment 5 years later. Just remember, had he not retired when he did, would we still have Rodgers?

You brent fans are the funny ones. Seriously....we should feel compelled to "honor" the guy? What company should feel compelled to "honor" an ex-employee that attempted to take down the company? I don't expect a gold watch from my employer if I take a giant dump on my boss's desk on my last day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts