Update on favre # retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchief50ret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to let go, my friend. He was a great Packer and brought us a Lombardi. Hats off to the legend, the Ironman, Brett Favre.
Amen.....He was the greatest Packer QB to date....he gave us a lot of great years. He was the franchise for 15 of them.

D

Deleted member 6794

lol...what? brent is similar to ted ....exactly how? you really are just trying to hard now.

I was just replying to you hijacking another thread to tell everybody why you are a superior Packers fan cause you don't criticize TT because he won a Super Bowl.

It seems like you get it with Favre that winning a Super Bowl doesn't mean he's above failure, not at all with TT though.

Don't get me wrong, Favre's mistakes have been way bigger, but TT had his shares of them as well.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Heck, we named our stadium after a guy that almost ruined the franchise. He was a philanderer, a compulsive liar and a manipulator. Lombardi left the Packers in an acrimonious manner as well. They all did great things for the franchise but ended on sour notes. I can forgive but won't forget.

The thing is, I wasn`t around when Lambeau and Lombardi were, so I have no opinion of those incidents. I WAS when Favre did his little act and I can`t forgive that sorry. That said, I understand and appreciate your point.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I was just replying to you hijacking another thread to tell everybody why you are a superior Packers fan cause you don't criticize TT because he won a Super Bowl.

It seems like you get it with Favre that winning a Super Bowl doesn't mean he's above failure, not at all with TT though.

Don't get me wrong, Favre's mistakes have been way bigger, but TT had his shares of them as well.

Can people PLEASE stop saying Favre won us a Superbowl ? There were another 40 plus players there that day. It`s a small point but it really ticks me off.

D

Deleted member 6794

Can people PLEASE stop saying Favre won us a Superbowl ? There were another 40 plus players there that day. It`s a small point but it really ticks me off.

It´s just a small point as well, but I didn´t say Favre won us a Super Bowl, but that he won a Super Bowl, like all the other 40+ guys that were part of that team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as who started what, you wuitedv
Amen.....He was the greatest Packer QB to date....he gave us a lot of great years. He was the franchise for 15 of them.

Maybe if had the same career for the cardinals he would be, but the greatest packers QB already has a statue, hell, he was so good they made him coach. It's not even close.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
GoPgo..... Ya missed a spot while polishing Favre's knob.....go back and do a better job next time. A good door knob cleaner is hard to find these days.

DON BARRETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not us that should judge others! Brett loved the game that is why he played hurt alot. He could not bear retirement so he changed his mind more than once. Ted wanted his boy in there (Aaron) and him and Bret never saw eye to eye on much. He brought back glory days to Packer fans. I remember before he came when i was a kid we just sucked! 3 plays and punt most of the time. Magic man gave us a little but before him there was not crap. Like him or not he deserves to have his number retired.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
He could not bear retirement so he changed his mind more than once.
If he couldn’t “bear retirement” why did he bring it up so often? Many Packers fans don’t realize Favre’s ridiculous ‘retirement dance’ began in 2002. It’s pretty clear he didn’t start that nonsense because he couldn’t bear retiring; IMO he started it because he was an attention *****, and he continued it in attempt to leverage Thompson into doing his bidding.
Ted wanted his boy in there (Aaron) and him and Bret never saw eye to eye on much.
I was ready for Rodgers to take over the starting job and Thompson and McCarthy probably were too. But it would have been incredibly difficult to do so without Favre voluntarily retiring. Did you watch that embarrassing “news conference”? He said he was mentally tired, didn’t have anything left, and wasn’t totally committed to football. So the Packers prepared to move onto Rodgers. Then, predictably, within about a month of his “retirement”, it was reported he had changed his mind and the Packers were going to send a plane to bring him to Green Bay for the announcement that he was coming back. Of course he changed his mind again. So if Favre had never retired or after retiring hadn’t changed his mind again, he would have kept his job. That’s all on Favre.

And again, Favre was only one element of bringing the glory days back to Green Bay. Harlan was more important. Wolf was more important and so was Holmgren.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Like I said. If this isn't being a troll from you what is?

Ted's "mistakes" in his job performance are the same as all of the personal BS ("mistakes") brent pulled huh? Really a great comparison.

Ya.... makes perfect sense.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would the Brett favre award entail?
Players to be considered must do what they can out of the following list:
The QB who has thrown the least number of completions and the most interceptions of the year and made the most fumbles.
The player who has gone back on his word on what he said he would do the most times up to that point in his career.
The player who has given the most aggravation and headaches due to his attitude upon the GM and/or owners of the team he plays for.
The player who gives away the most secrets of his team to opposing teams.
Whichever player has gotten the most team players to come to his house to plead with him to come back and keep on playing for them.
The player who thinks that just playing around with high school kids on their practice field is enough and makes up for him not reporting to training camp like 3-5 weeks after it's started.
Bonus points go to whichever player gets the wimpy head coach to come and pick him up from the airport.
Extra bonus points for whichever QB loses the playoff game with a game losing interception for his own team.
Extra, extra bonus points for whichever player successfully cheated on his wife by texting a pic of his hoo-haw to a big breasted *****.

What does the award look like?
A cross between a crying crocodile and a weasel and a snake.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The QB who has thrown the least number of completions and the most interceptions of the year and made the most fumbles.
The player who has gone back on his word on what he said he would do the most times up to that point in his career.
The player who has given the most aggravation and headaches due to his attitude upon the GM and/or owners of the team he plays for.
Whichever player has gotten the most team players to come to his house to plead with him to come back and keep on playing for them.
The player who thinks that just playing around with high school kids on their practice field is enough and makes up for him not reporting to training camp like 3-5 weeks after it's started.
Bonus points go to whichever player gets the wimpy head coach to come and pick him up from the airport.

Winner gets a free massage and a pair of open fly wranglers?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
http://www.totalpackers.com/2009/12/04/bart-starr-on-brett-favre-and-aaron-rodgers/
Nice find Forget Favre. Bart Starr is such a nice guy, and the classiest public figure I know about. After following his career from player to coach to philanthropist (not necessarily in that order) for all these years and hearing and reading so many of his comments, I can say that’s about as critical as Bart can be. In fact that’s an excoriating critique from him.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Extra bonus points for whichever QB loses the playoff game with a game losing interception for his own team.
Extra, extra bonus points for whichever player successfully cheated on his wife by texting a pic of his hoo-haw to a big breasted *****.

You are one bitter human being. Do you kick your dog?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.totalpackers.com/2009/12/04/bart-starr-on-brett-favre-and-aaron-rodgers/
Nice find Forget Favre. Bart Starr is such a nice guy, and the classiest public figure I know about. After following his career from player to coach to philanthropist (not necessarily in that order) for all these years and hearing and reading so many of his comments, I can say that’s about as critical as Bart can be. In fact that’s an excoriating critique from him.

Yep... Bart certainly doesn't agree with the brent apologists does he? Ooooh well, what does Bart Starr know about Packer pride and having class?

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bart Starr stands above most as a class act. It's a shame that many, maybe including some of you, berated him as washed up at the end of his career and wanted him run out of town when he ran the team.

Can't have it both ways.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this thread alone is reason enough we shouldn't be talking about retiring the jersey number...not for at least another decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts