1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Update on favre # retirement

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Royal Pain, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
  2. rmchief50ret

rmchief50ret Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Amen.....He was the greatest Packer QB to date....he gave us a lot of great years. He was the franchise for 15 of them.

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Better than Bart Starr who did not lose his consecutive SB?

• Like Like x 1
  4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,844
    I was just replying to you hijacking another thread to tell everybody why you are a superior Packers fan cause you don't criticize TT because he won a Super Bowl.

It seems like you get it with Favre that winning a Super Bowl doesn't mean he's above failure, not at all with TT though.

Don't get me wrong, Favre's mistakes have been way bigger, but TT had his shares of them as well.

5. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,267
    The thing is, I wasn`t around when Lambeau and Lombardi were, so I have no opinion of those incidents. I WAS when Favre did his little act and I can`t forgive that sorry. That said, I understand and appreciate your point.

6. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,267
    Can people PLEASE stop saying Favre won us a Superbowl ? There were another 40 plus players there that day. It`s a small point but it really ticks me off.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,844
    It´s just a small point as well, but I didn´t say Favre won us a Super Bowl, but that he won a Super Bowl, like all the other 40+ guys that were part of that team.

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    As far as who started what, you wuitedv
    Maybe if had the same career for the cardinals he would be, but the greatest packers QB already has a statue, hell, he was so good they made him coach. It's not even close.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    GoPgo..... Ya missed a spot while polishing Favre's knob.....go back and do a better job next time. A good door knob cleaner is hard to find these days.

10. DON BARRETT

DON BARRETT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    It is not us that should judge others! Brett loved the game that is why he played hurt alot. He could not bear retirement so he changed his mind more than once. Ted wanted his boy in there (Aaron) and him and Bret never saw eye to eye on much. He brought back glory days to Packer fans. I remember before he came when i was a kid we just sucked! 3 plays and punt most of the time. Magic man gave us a little but before him there was not crap. Like him or not he deserves to have his number retired.

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    No judging of ftball players takes place on this forum

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
  13. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,315
    If he couldn’t “bear retirement” why did he bring it up so often? Many Packers fans don’t realize Favre’s ridiculous ‘retirement dance’ began in 2002. It’s pretty clear he didn’t start that nonsense because he couldn’t bear retiring; IMO he started it because he was an attention whore, and he continued it in attempt to leverage Thompson into doing his bidding.
    I was ready for Rodgers to take over the starting job and Thompson and McCarthy probably were too. But it would have been incredibly difficult to do so without Favre voluntarily retiring. Did you watch that embarrassing “news conference”? He said he was mentally tired, didn’t have anything left, and wasn’t totally committed to football. So the Packers prepared to move onto Rodgers. Then, predictably, within about a month of his “retirement”, it was reported he had changed his mind and the Packers were going to send a plane to bring him to Green Bay for the announcement that he was coming back. Of course he changed his mind again. So if Favre had never retired or after retiring hadn’t changed his mind again, he would have kept his job. That’s all on Favre.

And again, Favre was only one element of bringing the glory days back to Green Bay. Harlan was more important. Wolf was more important and so was Holmgren.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Like I said. If this isn't being a troll from you what is?

Ted's "mistakes" in his job performance are the same as all of the personal BS ("mistakes") brent pulled huh? Really a great comparison.

Ya.... makes perfect sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
  16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
  18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Players to be considered must do what they can out of the following list:
    The QB who has thrown the least number of completions and the most interceptions of the year and made the most fumbles.
    The player who has gone back on his word on what he said he would do the most times up to that point in his career.
    The player who has given the most aggravation and headaches due to his attitude upon the GM and/or owners of the team he plays for.
    The player who gives away the most secrets of his team to opposing teams.
    Whichever player has gotten the most team players to come to his house to plead with him to come back and keep on playing for them.
    The player who thinks that just playing around with high school kids on their practice field is enough and makes up for him not reporting to training camp like 3-5 weeks after it's started.
    Bonus points go to whichever player gets the wimpy head coach to come and pick him up from the airport.
    Extra bonus points for whichever QB loses the playoff game with a game losing interception for his own team.
    Extra, extra bonus points for whichever player successfully cheated on his wife by texting a pic of his hoo-haw to a big breasted bimbo.

What does the award look like?
    A cross between a crying crocodile and a weasel and a snake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Winner gets a free massage and a pair of open fly wranglers?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,315
    http://www.totalpackers.com/2009/12/04/bart-starr-on-brett-favre-and-aaron-rodgers/
    Nice find Forget Favre. Bart Starr is such a nice guy, and the classiest public figure I know about. After following his career from player to coach to philanthropist (not necessarily in that order) for all these years and hearing and reading so many of his comments, I can say that’s about as critical as Bart can be. In fact that’s an excoriating critique from him.

21. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    You are one bitter human being. Do you kick your dog?

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Yep... Bart certainly doesn't agree with the brent apologists does he? Ooooh well, what does Bart Starr know about Packer pride and having class?

• Like Like x 1
  23. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Brent would kick his dog but then his crocks would fly off.

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Bart Starr stands above most as a class act. It's a shame that many, maybe including some of you, berated him as washed up at the end of his career and wanted him run out of town when he ran the team.

Can't have it both ways.

• Like Like x 1
  25. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    this thread alone is reason enough we shouldn't be talking about retiring the jersey number...not for at least another decade.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.