Update on favre # retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to face the music.
As much as we can't stand Fart and what he did to the Packers and to us fans by sticking a big knife in all our backs they are going to retire his number because it's now the tradition and the norm in the NFL.
He doesn't need to apologize or put out any fires on the burning bridge even though that would be nice.
In his mind, he probably has no regrets and thinks that he did the right thing even though he really didn't.

As much as I can't stand him, (Really? I don't? And you all thought I loved him with my name, LOL) the only thing that we can all really do is somehow find a way to live with this and move on since we don't have the power to stop it.
The Packers really should take a survey among all the owners. But they won't because being an owner of the Packers doesn't have as much power as being an owner of any other sports team.
Oh well. It is what it is.

In the meantime, take great satisfaction in watching this over and over and realize that he really was an overrated loser which this shows.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still seems pretty awkward; I'd say Brett needs to warm again to the Green Bay community before he goes for broke and chooses to have his first public appearance at Lambeau Field as a "friendly" face in 7 years be his number retirement ceremony. Show up to some games this season, get the "boos" out in a preseason halftime entrance, have Deanna be the ambassador for Breast Cancer Awareness month in October... just do something. A cold turkey "I'm back to finally satisfy my ego" presentation ain't gonna go well fo' nobody.

That's the narcissism-light plan, not sure if Sir Favreh is capable of such, here's hoping some things are capable of change.
I agree that he probably isn't going to do a mea culpa or extend an olive branch.
In that interview with Greta whasshername, I think he lays it all on Ted Thompson. So in his mind he did nothing wrong and isn't at fault and doesn't care that his descion hurt the Packers fans.

Just|Me

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised. still a lot of emotions regarding #4. I moved on from mine and I wouldn't mind seeing his number retired. But it doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be done before 2016.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be for retiring Driver's number instead. 80 will never look right without that massive grin inside the helmet.

I agree. Driver is one of a kind. However, there could be an 80 club like the 88 club on the NFL Network. There may end up being several Packers legends wearing 80. Think of 87 with Robert Brooks and Jordy Nelson.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I really don't "get", why do people like you assume brent and/or his boss wife is ready to do this number retirement thing? He's made comments of late that kind of hint that he's trying to move past his hurt feelings, but he's hardly made any significant comments where we should feel compelled to honor him. Read between the lines here. The Packers official statement does not sound to me like Camp Deanna is all on board.

For me, I can not stand what he pulled. I'll never forget his ***** wife wearing the "Thanks Ted" Viking jersey. I think they showed exactly how much class they have and have pretty much continued to this day. For that all to go on for as long as it did speaks volumes about them personally.

Having said all of that, if he came out today and made a sincere comment about what went down and how it went down and swallowed his pride... I would vote to have his number retired. If that doesn't happen, I don't think the way he acted and the way he left town, represents the type of guy that gets his number retired in Green Bay. Dallas maybe....but not Green Bay. If he does, I'm fine with it and I'll be sending him a new pair of Crocks for a retirement present!
I don't care if his wife :poop:s or goes blind, she's invisible to me regarding this issue.
This is about the Green Bay Packers, football and Brett Favre the Green Bay quarterback.
I do agree with you that HE needs to enter into a sincere reconciliation with the Green Bay Packers and their fans before the Packers move any farther with this.
I really don't know if he can, if he can't then the Packers organization needs to rethink their timeline and this issue as a whole.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'd be for retiring Driver's number instead. 80 will never look right without that massive grin inside the helmet.

Ahhhh.... you young guys.... :) Hahaha... Alex, you know as great a Packer as DD is ... when I see #80, I can't help but see Lofton running a deep post. One of the pitfalls of being a geezer I guess ... but ... Lofton is in the NFL Hall of Fame ya know, and already on the Ring. Drives my son crazy because he's a huge Driver fan, always was...and I still taunt him with the Lofton angle. What can I say, I'm just a d*ck. :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Still seems pretty awkward; I'd say Brett needs to warm again to the Green Bay community before he goes for broke and chooses to have his first public appearance at Lambeau Field as a "friendly" face in 7 years be his number retirement ceremony. Show up to some games this season, get the "boos" out in a preseason halftime entrance, have Deanna be the ambassador for Breast Cancer Awareness month in October... just do something. A cold turkey "I'm back to finally satisfy my ego" presentation ain't gonna go well fo' nobody.

That's the narcissism-light plan, not sure if Sir Favreh is capable of such, here's hoping some things are capable of change.

This could be the most well thought out, non-emotional, response that I've ever seen online on this particular issue. An issue that seems to be similar to contracting a persistent S.T.D. (from what I've heard and read - I feel obligated to add). I do understand and appreciate nearly every opinion on this topic, and not because I'm 'mug-wumping', but because at one point or another depending on the amount of coffee I've consumed, I'm all over the spectrum.

I am NOT one of the "retire the number" guys. In my estimation that bus left the station - heh heh heh - I am however, sick of the constant and ongoing bickering, media speculation and ALL those things. It is inevitable that the guy is going to go down in NFL history as a Green Bay Packer and will end up on the Ring. It is also inevitable that there are going to be persistent hard feelings toward the guy (by me included). When I was a younger man, I would be eaten up by crap like this ... now? ... not so much. It's a flippin' kids game played by grown men.

Still and the same, I am firmly in the camp that says his name will go up on the ring when he's inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame. Same as the other Packers great players and, all animosity aside, he was a great Packers' player. However, the retired number issue is a non-starter for me. A retired number is significant in that it represents that of a "Great Packer". I don't believe that Brett Favre was a "Great Packer" ... just a great player.

Is my stance clear as mud?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I burned my #4 jersey.... to hell with that self centered *****

Me too. I couldn`t bear to have the thing in my home. This subject ALWAYS brings out the worst in me sorry. I wanted to punch my computer when he was on the pre-superbowl show. I hate the man and I`ll stand by that feeling against any argument.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if his wife :poop:s or goes blind, she's invisible to me regarding this issue.
This is about the Green Bay Packers, football and Brett Favre the Green Bay quarterback.
I do agree with you that HE needs to enter into a sincere reconciliation with the Green Bay Packers and their fans before the Packers move any farther with this.
I really don't know if he can, if he can't then the Packers organization needs to rethink their timeline and this issue as a whole.
The fact of the matter is, Deanna wears the pants and pretty much runs that show yooper...so... they come as a pair.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm a bit surprised. still a lot of emotions regarding #4. I moved on from mine and I wouldn't mind seeing his number retired. But it doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be done before 2016.
Don`t be surprised. I see from your comment count that you may be a newer member ?? This is the ONE subject that bites deep around here. There are some who think he`s the living embodiment of the almighty himself, but there seem to be far more who hate the guy with a passion. I stand firmly in the latter. If they HAVE to retire his number, give it about another ten years. No offence intended to you either mate :tup:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhhh.... you young guys.... :) Hahaha... Alex, you know as great a Packer as DD is ... when I see #80, I can't help but see Lofton running a deep post. One of the pitfalls of being a geezer I guess ... but ... Lofton is in the NFL Hall of Fame ya know, and already on the Ring. Drives my son crazy because he's a huge Driver fan, always was...and I still taunt him with the Lofton angle. What can I say, I'm just a d*ck. :)

I totally hear you. younger fans talk in terms of years and not decades. there is a distinct pattern with certain viewpoints on the packers when it comes to the age of the fan.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm opposed to retiring his number, but won't boo him or any other player that puts his health on the line in the game. I'll be content to sit on my hands, as I think a quiet stadium would say much more than a loud, booing one. Either way--retiring his number now to boos or quiet will be an embarrassment to him and to the organization. Better to wait for about a generation imo.

Packerfan0220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread is almost laughable!! I really don't get the hate for Favre! How did he hurt the organization? Favre, along with guys like Reggie brought this organization to relevancy again! Seriously how does he affect your life? We decided to move on which I think was the right move and I was one of the few who was on TTs side. I hold nothing against him coming back wanting to play and asking for a trade. Move on people seriously, you sound like a bunch of women holding grudges!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I hold nothing against him coming back wanting to play and asking for a trade.
Misogyny aside, if this is all you know about the Favre-made mess you are ill informed.

Packerfan0220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well aware of the mess, but it's not one sided, both sides played a role. I also don't get why people care so much or are so passionate about their hate. Do you hate Jennings too? Favre is a Packer legend, get over your petty issues, seriously! You just may enjoy life a little more!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't hate Favre. I save that emotion for the truly evil in the world. By comparing Favre to Jennings you continue to display your ignorance of the situation. If you are well aware of the mess, list the things Favre did after his “retirement” that some of us believe were “traitorous” to the organization that lifted him out of obscurity.

Many posters here are passionate about the Packers. Perhaps you aren’t and are a casual fan. Nothing wrong with that but if that’s the case you will never understand the passion of Packer fanatics.

BTW I certainly don’t need any life advice from you.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hate Favre. I save that emotion for the truly evil in the world. By comparing Favre to Jennings you continue to display your ignorance of the situation. If you are well aware of the mess, list the things Favre did after his “retirement” that some of us believe were “traitorous” to the organization that lifted him out of obscurity.

Many posters here are passionate about the Packers. Perhaps you aren’t and are a casual fan. Nothing wrong with that but if that’s the case you will never understand the passion of Packer fanatics.

BTW I certainly don’t need any life advice from you.
:tup::tup::tup::tup:

Packerfan0220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can call me a casual fan if you want that's fine, been a fan all my life, rarely miss a game, but that's cool. Why don't you give me your list on why you dislike him? Maybe I don't know all the reasons, I am a casual follower on this site.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calling the lions and offering up any info he can remember on our offense seems to be a pretty good start to my dislike. maybe manipulating a year in nj to lie his way to minn bc he was hell bent on personal revenge on the team that saved his career and made him the first $100 million dollar qb... how he thought he was above his position and would throw a fit when things didnt go his way (randy moss)... His childish treatment of AR...

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calling the lions and offering up any info he can remember on our offense seems to be a pretty good start to my dislike. maybe manipulating a year in nj to lie his way to minn bc he was hell bent on personal revenge on the team that saved his career and made him the first $100 million dollar qb... how he thought he was above his position and would throw a fit when things didnt go his way (randy moss)... His childish treatment of AR...

...for starters.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your avatar is more about you than injured players? :D

(I kid, I kid.)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on those all I got is: Then why should the Packers bother even thinking right now of retiring his number?
Brent left with a grudge, and going by those articles, which he carried with him for a couple years and still might have against the Packers.
Would you invite someone back into your house who you just found out had cheated on you with your wife?
Or someone who started a heated argument with you and has yet to apologize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts