Unacceptable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what Monday night's loss was. If anyone thinks it's acceptable to lose to the Chicago Bears no matter how good they are, and how good or bad we are, I invite you to leave this board and go join the Detroit Lions forum cause that's where you belong.

This was THE WORST performance by a Packer team since the Infante era...EASILY!

The special teams got gutted SEVERELY! 2 Devon Hester LONG returns, one that WAS a TD, and the other Mahstay had to make the tackle.

Offensively the O-Line looked dismal...4 penalties on Tauscher in 1 drive...2 on back to back plays? Granted they equaled 4 inches but COME ON! The running game is nothing because TT and MM did nothing to prepare for the possibility which has now turned into a reality of a Ryan Grant injury.

Defensively they didn't play bad until the 4th quarter when they started playing "street" ball and getting 15 yard penalties seemingly every play.

And let's talk about penalties...18 in one game? What the hell did McCarthy do all week in lieu of practice? Eat doughnuts?

About the ONLY positive I can take from this game is that Aaron Rodgers didn't screw the game up by himself...he had too much help this time.

Ted and Mike are DIRECTLY responsible for EVERYTHING that went wrong Monday night, and while I haven't read every post about the game I will say this...if you aren't taking them to the woodshed for this loss you aren't a Packer fan...because it is UNACCEPTABLE for the Green Bay Packers to lose to the Chicago Bears, I don't care whether the rivalry means as much as it used to or not!

roundhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted and Mike are DIRECTLY responsible for EVERYTHING that went wrong Monday night, and while I haven't read every post about the game I will say this...if you aren't taking them to the woodshed for this loss you aren't a Packer fan...because it is UNACCEPTABLE for the Green Bay Packers to lose to the Chicago Bears, I don't care whether the rivalry means as much as it used to or not!

I know monday night was crushingly disappointing but I think the players have to be held accountable for their own stupid mistakes. Its not like the coach should be spending the week telling players to make sure they dont throw a man on the ground after the whistle has gone and if he did he would be blamed for wasting valuable time.

I agree that losing to the Bears is unacceptable but i think the focus should be on players individually to cut the dumb *** plays out of their game for good.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty sure Ted didn't really have anything to do with the penalties genius. Yeah we could of gotten a RB, and we SHOULD have, but the penalities are what killed us, plus that STUPID challenge when we needed a valuable timeout.

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
And let's talk about penalties...18 in one game? What the hell did McCarthy do all week in lieu of practice? Eat doughnuts?

Ted and Mike are DIRECTLY responsible for EVERYTHING that went wrong Monday night, and while I haven't read every post about the game I will say this...if you aren't taking them to the woodshed for this loss you aren't a Packer fan...

I don't really think any head coach is coaching fundamentals with each individual during the week.

I think you're right. I could have sworn that I saw Ted sneak out on the field and push the linemen offsides.

I'm glad you told me what I need to do to remain a Packer fan.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Last I had heard TT & MM had refs in camp calling everything during practice. Seems to me, that -at least- belongs on the players shoulders. I mean, hell, my 11 year old nephew knows when the whistle blows not to slam somebody down.
I know its a loss, and week 3 losses count the same as week 17 losses, but I'm looking at it like the Tampa game last season. Tons on **** went wrong.....Therefore, they have tons of **** to get right.
Just be happy that it wasnt the Bears that beat us...They (Pack) beat themselves.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
About the ONLY positive I can take from this game is that Aaron Rodgers didn't screw the game up by himself...he had too much help this time.

What are you trying to say here, that Aaron Rodgers screwed up in this game? He's the only reason we were still in it. He was the sole bright spot imo for the Pack.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

What are you trying to say here, that Aaron Rodgers screwed up in this game? He's the only reason we were still in it. He was one of the bright spots imo for the Pack.

INpackfan66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was there, and I have to say that the penalties that I saw commited were pretty easy calls! I put that on the player(s). I would hate to think that at this level the Head Coach has to continually remind his players not to do STUPID things. Seems that if they haven't learned that by now, well, let's just say they I'm sure they know as well as anyone how bad they stunk it up! I would hope there is a lot of embarassment in the locker room at how they preformed. On the RB issue, I would hope that something is going to be done to upgrade the running game soon. I think, as bad as this felt to lose this way, it's just one game. The season is NOT over! Keep the Faith!! GO PACK GO!!!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you trying to say here, that Aaron Rodgers screwed up in this game? He's the only reason we were still in it. He was the sole bright spot imo for the Pack.

typical BS from the realpackerfan. He is obsessed with brett favre and holds a grudge against rodgers for it. He couldnt pay the man a compliment to save his life. Pretty much a troll. Only comes on during losses it seems like

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were almost as many penalties on the Packers as there were on the Vikes against the Lions. I can't wait to see how many call there are when the Vikes play the Packers.

OP
OP
P

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seem to have been misunderstood on one point. I was not blaming Ted for the WHOLE game...just a HUGE part of it...our inability to run the ball...i.e not having a replacement for Ryan Grant.

As far as the penalties...has anyone here heard of DISCIPLINE? IF MM used any on the team as a whole we wouldn't have committed 18 penalties. Did Lombardi's teams commit 18 penalties? Did Holmgren's? Hell Ray Rhodes' team didn't even commit 18 penalties in a game and they were an 8-8 team! Let's face facts...we've had 2 losing seasons since 1991, Sherman had one, McCarthy had the other...and after the team commits 18 penalties in a game, it's hard for me to see that we won't have a 3rd unless something changes DRASTICALLY! And let us not forget...the buck stops at MM for all on field issues.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
why not see how it pans out for next 2 weeks before announcing this is a losing season?

From what I saw, b4 that game the penalties were way down, right?

OP
OP
P

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree...but right now we're averaging 8.7 penalties per game...8.67 but still, and it can be said that it's 9 penalties a game too...pro-rate that over a season and we're at 144 penalties on the year. Does that sound like a Superbowl champion? And it's the same damn penalties over and over and over and over and over again, and pretty much on the same players...though the Zombo wrinkle is new.

Bottom line McCarthy has to crack down now...or Murphy has to bring in a coach who will later.

OP
OP
P

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And even if you pro-rate the 8.67 as close as possible that translates to 139...not a superbowl championship number for number of penalties committed in a season.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL you think this is going to be a losing season? How about some friendly bet then?

If we go to the playoffs, you have to wear an Aaron Rodgers avatar and in your sig it has to appear that TT and Rodgers are the best in the world and that Favre is a primadonna *********.

If they have a losing season, I'll wear a Favre avatar and my sign will appear that TT and Rodgers are scumbags and that Favre is the King of Kings.

How about it????

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are one of the best run defenses in the league and have a poor secondary and your pissed we didnt run the ball 30 times? The strategy of passing first almosted worked and it wasnt what doomed us obviously. Would have running the ball helped us? Doubtful

OP
OP
P

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You idiots seem happy we didn't lose to the Bears of 2010 by 31 points. Jesus...this isn't the '85 teams here...on paper we are a MUCH better team and should've at least won the damn game. A TRUE Packers fan calls B.S. B.S. for the betterment of the team...does ANYONE on this board do that besides me?

OP
OP
P

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, it's what have Aaron, TT, and MM done for the team LATELY? And MOST RECENTLY...they LOST because the team wasn't prepared by MM, and TT FAILED to do his job and get a decent back to help the running game. Who knows if we had a decent back we MAY have been ABLE to run the ball 30 times. No...Moe and Curly lost the game, let's call it the way it is on this.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how you never answer anyways questions for you. I was a mad as you after this game. I used to live in Illinois and had to hear if from all my moron Bear fan friends, trust me you weren't the only one who was pissed. I just don't get how you don't ***** about the real problem on the team... his name, Shawn Slocum. Our special teams has ranked among the NFL's worst under his reign.

I really think you should bite your tounge about Rodgers. I don't personally care for him either, but how many teams replace a HOF with another HOF? How many? The Bills are still waiting for just a quality QB. So as much as it may pain you, just shut it about Rodgers. He is the real deal, even if he is still working on the "clutchness" of his game.

We're all pissed about the loss. But you the ability to get the troops all against you on here, maybe we should send you into the lockeroom to fire them up. We obviously wouldn't lose a game.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the way forte was in the air, collins did drop him once the whistle was blown. it just looked liek he was slammed because he was at an awkward angle and high up

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, it's what have Aaron, TT, and MM done for the team LATELY? And MOST RECENTLY...they LOST because the team wasn't prepared by MM, and TT FAILED to do his job and get a decent back to help the running game. Who knows if we had a decent back we MAY have been ABLE to run the ball 30 times. No...Moe and Curly lost the game, let's call it the way it is on this.

OK, So, the sky has fallen... Now what?

Seriously, have U thought that there might not be a better RB available at the right price than what we already got?
And I suppose you think that TT brought in players who knowingly commit atrocious penalties and MM is in on it. Right?

So tell us what should TT have done differently so that the Packers don't commit those penalties? How about MM himself jump out on the field and tackle Devin Hester himself?

Also, if you are a fan, be a fan. IF you want to be a coach, or the GM, go apply for the job.

You should call yourself 'EX- Packer fan'

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're taking me on that bet or what loudmouth???????

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty sure Ted didn't really have anything to do with the penalties genius. Yeah we could of gotten a RB, and we SHOULD have, but the penalities are what killed us, plus that STUPID challenge when we needed a valuable timeout.

Dude, the running game wouldn't of helped much. If anything it would of hurt us. I mean jeezus christ, we moved the ball very effectively just too many dumb mistakes on defense.

OP
OP
P

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK Cardsmc25 you need to be set straight on something. You need to start reading original posts otherwise stop dogpiling. I did nail Slocum to the wall by saying the special teams was gutted twice.

Onto this bet...if I take your bet you take mine. Mine is this. WHEN Aaron Rodgers fails to produce a Superbowl win in THIS his 6th year in the league, like Brett Favre did, YOU have to come on this board and tell the TRUTH about ALL of Aaron's short comings, ALL of them not the shortcomings you and all others see.

So I ask YOU loudmouth...do we have bets? Or don't you have faith in your QB?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
OK Cardsmc25 you need to be set straight on something. You need to start reading original posts otherwise stop dogpiling. I did nail Slocum to the wall by saying the special teams was gutted twice.

Onto this bet...if I take your bet you take mine. Mine is this. WHEN Aaron Rodgers fails to produce a Superbowl win in THIS his 6th year in the league, like Brett Favre did, YOU have to come on this board and tell the TRUTH about ALL of Aaron's short comings, ALL of them not the shortcomings you and all others see.

So I ask YOU loudmouth...do we have bets? Or don't you have faith in your QB?

your still harping on this 6th year?

Rodgers has not started for 6 years like Brett did
when he won the SB

Get that through your head my gawd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts