Um. Excuse me. Do any coaches or staff still need to be fired?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Special teams dropped a few notches after botched punt, AAAHHH did that suck, DB coach should be sitting on termination fence, they seem at times too fragile to want too tackle, and letting DB's play so far off receivers in short yardage situations, just make you grind your teeth.....

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahaha
the media blows everything out of proportion....
2 losses and its the end of the world.
2-3.... and all of a sudden you're not a playoff caliber team.

they do it with "power rankings" as well....

The Pack will be fine.... AND they have rams n jags up next :)

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose."
-- Lou Holtz

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if you want to credit the coaches for getting the players to play, who do you blame when the players don't play? The offensive line has been below average--actually ranked at the bottom of the league--for the first 1/4 of the season. They played very well last night, and I don't think it unreasonable to expect them to play like that week in, week out. Maybe they played over their heads, and they really are no good; or maybe the coaching is the weak link. Probably , it's some of both. But last night they played like Champions.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if you want to credit the coaches for getting the players to play, who do you blame when the players don't play? The offensive line has been below average--actually ranked at the bottom of the league--for the first 1/4 of the season. They played very well last night, and I don't think it unreasonable to expect them to play like that week in, week out. Maybe they played over their heads, and they really are no good; or maybe the coaching is the weak link. Probably , it's some of both. But last night they played like Champions.
Everything is not black and white.

Can't a coach be mediocre who occasionally gets it right and has a good game plan?

I think right now there are still some deficiencies in the coaching ranks. Although our OL just had its best game in a few years, that doesn't make me think for a second that our OL coaches are suddenly good. Our defense looked very impressive, but that doesn't change the fact that they looked poor in 3 games this year already.

I'm not an advocate of making any coaching changes at this time, but fans need to be more even keeled and not go overboard one way or another based on one or a few games.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consistency, consistency, consistency!!! that's all i care about. If the defense and the offense play consistently we will go far.

Don't go out and lay an egg against the Rams....there are no "automatic" wins in this league. Indy showed me that last week.

Reaction score
as a draft and develop team...it's gonna take awhile to get everyone up to snuff....
Oline coach hasn't had much to work with.. Allen Barber/Colledge/Newhouse
Dom is trying to get a bunch of fresh faced college kids to learn & play a complex scheme.
not sure why we can't be just a little patient... Coaches are smart, players are talented... if we've still got guys dumbing off in 3rd & long late in the season, then yep.... Pour some gas on Dom's seat, I'll go get some matches.

MLB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Um. Excuse me. Do any coaches or staff still need to be fired?

Well, if Lovie Smith gets fired, it's OK with me.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would advocate a contract extension for lovie. What is he 1-7 against the packers in the last 8 games?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I was at the game. Had a blast and I am pleased with the Packers, of course.

BUT...

I tell you-- watch the game tape if you have it. I often was holding my breath as Texan receivers and TEs were often unmarked and wide open for easy gains. A few times Schaub was able to target and throw to them-- but, often, the Packers got away with it. Against an elite QB, those mistakes get punished.

I also noticed that the Packers often took big chances. Going psycho on 2nd and 5, just daring Foster to break a big one. Lining up Woodson on their TEs one on one? Not giving the CB any over-top support on Andre Johnson? Hawk (who had a great game) simply cannot keep up with anyone running a pass route-- he is just too slow.

I don't know-- I am just a stupid fan. But, I think a better QB would have taken advantage of this at times.

Then again, Dom knew that Schaub ISN'T Brady... so, he knew that taking chances like the above is probably the way to go.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not an advocate of making any coaching changes at this time, but fans need to be more even keeled and not go overboard one way or another based on one or a few games.
^ This.

Take note Negative Nancy's and Downer Daves of this forum.
Don't make me send Amish Mafia after you.
He is more accurate than Brett Favre on his best day with his buggy ride-by pitch fork and torch throwing.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ This.

Take note Negative Nancy's and Downer Daves of this forum.
Don't make me send Amish Mafia after you.
He is more accurate than Brett Favre on his best day with his buggy ride-by pitch fork and torch throwing.

I didn't see where Amish took a particular side. He said let's not get too juiced up either way and I agree with that.

Reaction score
We need to fire McCarthy before he loses another game for us. This is getting ridiculous. I haven't seen this bad of a coach for us since Lombardi (Who was way way way overrated by the way)(He shouldn't even be in the hall of fame and the trophy is actually named after a different Lombardi but Packers fans are egotistical and think it was their own coach)

H

HardRightEdge

I was at the game. Had a blast and I am pleased with the Packers, of course.

BUT...

I tell you-- watch the game tape if you have it. I often was holding my breath as Texan receivers and TEs were often unmarked and wide open for easy gains. A few times Schaub was able to target and throw to them-- but, often, the Packers got away with it. Against an elite QB, those mistakes get punished.

I also noticed that the Packers often took big chances. Going psycho on 2nd and 5, just daring Foster to break a big one. Lining up Woodson on their TEs one on one? Not giving the CB any over-top support on Andre Johnson? Hawk (who had a great game) simply cannot keep up with anyone running a pass route-- he is just too slow.

I don't know-- I am just a stupid fan. But, I think a better QB would have taken advantage of this at times.

Then again, Dom knew that Schaub ISN'T Brady... so, he knew that taking chances like the above is probably the way to go.

Speaking of Schaub, I was mystified by his throwing the ball into the ground on that 3rd. and 20 play in the second half. Sure, it looked like the play was breaking down, but he threw in the towel (with notable disgust) before any pass rusher got within 5 yards of him. A remarkable amount of quit in that move; he had a second or two of no-risk opportunity to make something happen.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see where Amish took a particular side. He said let's not get too juiced up either way and I agree with that.
I was agreeing with him too in a humorous way.
1joke

noun \ˈjōk\
Definition of JOKE

a : something said or done to provoke laughter; especially :a brief **** narrative with a climactic humorous twist

b (1) : the humorous or ridiculous element in something (2) :an instance of jesting : kidding <can't take a joke>

c : practical joke

d : laughingstock
: something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter<consider his skiing a joke — Harold Callender> —often used in negative constructions <it is no joke to be lost in the desert>

L

Lunchboxer

No one is on my fire list this week. Not even BB of the Badgers.

If he keeps winning and coaches good Ill shut up.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Speaking of Schaub, I was mystified by his throwing the ball into the ground on that 3rd. and 20 play in the second half...

Agreed. The crowd was like "wtf?" and gave Schaub a good booing after that play.

I'd have to watch the tape, but I think it was supposed to be a screen and the Packers simply blew it up. Crazy, though, that Schaub didn't at least try something.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Schaub, I was mystified by his throwing the ball into the ground on that 3rd. and 20 play in the second half. Sure, it looked like the play was breaking down, but he threw in the towel (with notable disgust) before any pass rusher got within 5 yards of him.

Lots of people here blame Rogers for holding on to the ball too long. This is what you get instead; I'll take Rogers any day.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

No no no...keep lovie on the bears forever, sign him to a lifetime contract. I want to see lovie coaching the bears from a wheelchair he is so old. He and cutler make it worth while to keep on pounding the bears.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Agreed. The crowd was like "wtf?" and gave Schaub a good booing after that play.

I'd have to watch the tape, but I think it was supposed to be a screen and the Packers simply blew it up. Crazy, though, that Schaub didn't at least try something.

Shaub is a pu*sy, that is why he dirt ditched that ball. Did anyone notice that play when CM3 came from the end and twisted into the middle and went right past the left gaurd and right into shaubs face? CM3 didn't get the sack, but was in there so quickly that shaub litterally had to have **** himself from that look on his face during the replay. I actually did LOL after that. He is a scard little kitten that has played sub par teams so far that have not gave him any pressure and now he got gun shy to stand in the pocket. He must have went in and changed his huggies at half time because he most certainly made some chocolate stains in his diaper.

Members online

Latest posts