UEFA Champions League

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I admit that on paper, Bayern individual players are some of the best in the world. But Ancellotti keeps doing this mix and match stuff which doesn't lead to the cohesion that other CL teams have. The Bayern players, while good, haven't developed a "one mind" setting. They need a sporting Director and Rummenigge and Hoeness are not helping.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
3-1 Bayern over Chelsea at halftime. Feeling better croak? ;)

No. Chelsea didn't even look like they wanted to play until near the end of the first half. Their defense had 5 men jogging :eek: back on the first goal by Rafhina and their defense was jogging again :eek:when Mueller scored his second. Chelsea were sloppy sloppy sloppy that first half. Near the end of the half they decided to start pressuring Bayern a little and found dividends. Once again Carlo shifted the positions around perhaps for the better, but if he keeps shifting guys back and forth they won't get a rhythm of playing to each strength. Martinez was more comfortable today playing where he naturally plays. Lewandowski has been flat. At least the players were sprinting more today. But when the second lineup was inserted in the beginning of the second half, they went back to discordant football. We'll see how they play when the CL officially starts, but I'm not convinced yet.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sometimes I think those guys are reading my complaints. (Or a lot of people are complaining. ;)) Hoeness apparently just announced that Bayern will have a new sporting director by September. It's about freaking time. That only took a year. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
No. Chelsea didn't even look like they wanted to play until near the end of the first half. Their defense had 5 men jogging :eek: back on the first goal by Rafhina and their defense was jogging again :eek:when Mueller scored his second. Chelsea were sloppy sloppy sloppy that first half. Near the end of the half they decided to start pressuring Bayern a little and found dividends. Once again Carlo shifted the positions around perhaps for the better, but if he keeps shifting guys back and forth they won't get a rhythm of playing to each strength. Martinez was more comfortable today playing where he naturally plays. Lewandowski has been flat. At least the players were sprinting more today. But when the second lineup was inserted in the beginning of the second half, they went back to discordant football. We'll see how they play when the CL officially starts, but I'm not convinced yet.
Croak relax it was a meaningless kickabout, im sure half the players in their minds were still on holiday.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Croak relax it was a meaningless kickabout, im sure half the players in their minds were still on holiday.

He never does. It is maddening. I honestly don't understand how croak even enjoys futbol when all he does is freak out about how terrible everything is.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He never does. It is maddening. I honestly don't understand how croak even enjoys futbol when all he does is freak out about how terrible everything is.

I enjoy it very much when the squad is beating everyone on an international stage by 6 or 7 points a match. :whistling: And yes, Itkovian and his brothers used to, and still do, get after me for being too negative about my Packers as well. :p

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I enjoy it very much when the squad is beating everyone on an international stage by 6 or 7 points a match. :whistling: And yes, Itkovian and his brothers used to, and still do, get after me for being too negative about my Packers as well. :p

Lol this post is 100 % accurate

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern are getting their arses handed to them by Liverpool. How much do they miss Lahm, Boateng and Neuer? They went from being out of this world under Jupp, to world beaters under Pep, to "what in the world?" at least we can win the Bundesliga under Carlo. Go ahead Itkovian, give me the ocean liner speech.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bayern are getting their arses handed to them by Liverpool. How much do they miss Lahm, Boateng and Neuer? They went from being out of this world under Jupp, to world beaters under Pep, to "what in the world?" at least we can win the Bundesliga under Carlo. Go ahead Itkovian, give me the ocean liner speech.
Time for a tune. :D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score

I'm still getting over the shock of you saying they can win the Bundesliga! I assumed you were out scouring the internet for BL.2 viewing plans for Bayern's inevitable relegation

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Looks like that massive $222 million dollar deal for Neymar is going to go through :eek:

Barca has released a statement acknowledging Neymar has approached them to leave the club, and they have told him he can forego training. Messi just posted a farewell note to him online as well.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Looks like that massive $222 million dollar deal for Neymar is going to go through :eek:

Barca has released a statement acknowledging Neymar has approached them to leave the club, and they have told him he can forego training. Messi just posted a farewell note to him online as well.
All players including the best are mercenaries, they just go where the big money currently is. Its difficult to say PSG are a bigger club than Barca are.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deal with Neymar seems to be done. He is now paying the 222m himself to Barca and this seems to be accepted. :rolleyes:
This is why I'm beginning to lose interest in CL football, nothing but a disgusting business.

Members online

Latest posts