UEFA Champions League

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thread for all things Champions League.

The Draw in full
Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb.
Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier.
Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga.
Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund.
Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland.
Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov.
Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic.
Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj.

Group D looks tough.:eek:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thread for all things Champions League.

The Draw in full
Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb.
Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier.
Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga.
Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund.
Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland.
Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov.
Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic.
Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj.

Group D looks tough.:eek:

Goodbye Borussia Dortmund, they wont reach the last 16....
Easy groups for Chelsea and ManU...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the thread for this, but Falcao has a hat trick against Chelsea in the Super Cup.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the thread for this, but Falcao has a hat trick against Chelsea in the Super Cup.

As good a place as any.
Athletico were by far the better team and deserved the win, fair play to them.:tup:
CFCs dwarf sized midfielders were outnumbered and bullied, they were also half a yard off the pace. The defence was shambolic and their attack was impotent. If Di Matteo cant see that the future wont be so good for him. Im also beginning to have serious doubts about Torres.
Perform like that in the Champions League and they are out in round one.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
As good a place as any.
Athletico were by far the better team and deserved the win, fair play to them.:tup:
CFCs dwarf sized midfielders were outnumbered and bullied, they were also half a yard off the pace. The defence was shambolic and their attack was impotent. If Di Matteo cant see that the future wont be so good for him. Im also beginning to have serious doubts about Torres.
Perform like that in the Champions League and they are out in round one.

Yeah, they looked slow to the ball and were totally dominated by the quickness of Athletico. I couldn't believe they were letting guys get up in the box so easily. Perhaps this is a game Bayern Munich should watch to see how easy it can be to handle Chelsea.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, they looked slow to the ball and were totally dominated by the quickness of Athletico. I couldn't believe they were letting guys get up in the box so easily. Perhaps this is a game Bayern Munich should watch to see how easy it can be to handle Chelsea.

Its simple, Chelsea made it easy for them, Athletico are good enough but if you dont get in the face of their attackers and close them down and boss the midfield its game over. Nevermind CFC its not the same squad of last season, im not so sure Bayern could easily handle a team like Athletico.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
As expected from 2-0 down Juve pull it back to 2-2, sometimes Chelsea's defence and Italian footballers are soooo predictable.:cautious: Torres draws another blank zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........Inconsistency will be the blues downfall this season.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
As expected from 2-0 down Juve pull it back to 2-2, sometimes Chelsea's defence and Italian footballers are soooo predictable.:cautious: Torres draws another blank zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........Inconsistency will be the blues downfall this season.

Be patient, it's still early in the season and Chelsea will win this group anyway ! ;)
I read that Oscar was awesome and scored twice :tup:

Funny story I read this morning in german newspapers:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...watches-Manchester-City-lose-Real-Madrid.html

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Be patient, it's still early in the season and Chelsea will win this group anyway ! ;)
I read that Oscar was awesome and scored twice :tup:

Funny story I read this morning in german newspapers:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...watches-Manchester-City-lose-Real-Madrid.html

Yep its early days, but would have been nice with a home win. Hopefully its Chelsea and Juve for the top spot.
I know 2 goals for him im pleased with that!:tup:

A wooden leg end in his own teabreak, i remember him getting his front teeth knocked out by some Italian dudes when he was in a German nightclub one time. He was doing the Mr Hardman routine, i laughed for days. He's all the things John Lennon wasn't. Talentless, humourless, brainless, and aggressive. As you can tell im not a fan.:D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Group F is also looking pretty good for Bayern, apart from Valenica should be a breeze. And i haven't written off Shakhtar Donetsk in Group E.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A wooden leg end in his own teabreak, i remember him getting his front teeth knocked out by some Italian dudes when he was in a German nightclub one time. He was doing the Mr Hardman routine, i laughed for days. He's all the things John Lennon wasn't. Talentless, humourless, brainless, and aggressive. As you can tell im not a fan.:D
Liam is an idiot, no doubt about it. ;)
But shame on me, I must admit that I'm an Oasis Fan :rolleyes: :D
His brother Noel played in Hamburg this March, great concert!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chelsea isn't in Group D, so they should be ok. D looks like the group of death.

Agree, I think Real will win this group, ManCity will finish second.
Easy groups for Chelsea and Bayern. ;)
And Podolski with another goal for Arsenal, I'm surprised!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Liam is an idiot, no doubt about it. ;)
But shame on me, I must admit that I'm an Oasis Fan :rolleyes: :D
His brother Noel played in Hamburg this March, great concert!

I was never really into Oasis or Noel's music, too much of a Beatles cover band for me. Fine if you like that sort of thing, but i quite like him as a person. Very intelligent guy, unlike his brother.:rolleyes:

Although its not Champions League, it was interesting watching Tottenham v Lazio tonight. Finished 0-0 three Tottenham disallowed goals AVB doesn't bring much good fortune.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was never really into Oasis or Noel's music, too much of a Beatles cover band for me. Fine if you like that sort of thing, but i quite like him as a person. Very intelligent guy, unlike his brother.:rolleyes:

Although its not Champions League, it was interesting watching Tottenham v Lazio tonight. Finished 0-0 three Tottenham disallowed goals AVB doesn't bring much good fortune.
Three ? :eek:
Wow, that's bad luck. :rolleyes::D
They are also writing that racist chants were heard against Defoe and Lennon by Lazio idiots (I won't use "fans" for these a**holes). Disgusting ! :mad:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Three ? :eek:
Wow, that's bad luck. :rolleyes::D
They are also writing that racist chants were heard against Defoe and Lennon by Lazio idiots (I won't use "fans" for these a**holes). Disgusting ! :mad:

Yeah 3 amazing, id be frustrated as anything if i supported Tottenham. AVBs main problem is he overthinks things and this creates confusion in the squad. A Harry Redknapp Tottenham would have beaten Lazio easy.

Sad but true, Lazio also had a Black player playing. Makes you wonder how he felt about it, crowd racism is still quite common in the east and south of europe. Its lack of education and macho BS Culture.

Members online

Latest posts