UEFA Champions League

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I have no idea what goes on in Carlo's head. Playing one of the hottest attacking teams in the world with three superstar forwards? Start a kid who has only played one other CL game, and a guy who hasn't really been good this season. Not like you have TWO world champion CB's in the roster...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I have no idea what goes on in Carlo's head. Playing one of the hottest attacking teams in the world with three superstar forwards? Start a kid who has only played one other CL game, and a guy who hasn't really been good this season. Not like you have TWO world champion CB's in the roster...

And still not enough speed at the back. Reports are the big wigs at Bayern have organized a "crisis" meeting for today. Will Ancelloti get the boot?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
There is little room for any kind of failure at FC Bayern. :eek:
Sir Alex Ferguson would not have lasted long at either Chelsea or Bavaria, coaches need time but if the powers that be think your not up to it your out the door. You have to like the euphemism ''we had to make a professional decision.'' :) Don't feel too sorry for Carlo he's a millionaire and will have a new job soon enough.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's gone! :eek:
Easily predictable that he wont finish the season with Bayern.
To be honest - Bayern was playing the most boring football since years, simpy slow and unimaginative. Designed to fail. Good enough to win the German Bundesliga ? Propably ! But far away from eye-level with teams like PSG, Real, Barca, Juve or Chelsea etc.
Playing an uninspired style of football is clearly Ancelottis fault, but relying on old players like Ribery, Robben etc. and not bringing in new, competetive players is also the fault of the management that now fires him.
On the other hand - can they compete with PSG, Real etc. Financially ? I have my doubts.
I'm far away to feel sorry for Bayern but must admit that its not easy to meet the expectations there and the question remains if the expectations are realistic if you compare the financial possibilities with other teams that I mentioned.
However, will be interesting to see who will be the successor of Carlo.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Bayern grind one out and move into the knockout.

Barca tie with Olympiacos :eek:

Athletico tie with Qarabag :eek:

Chelsea lose to Roma :eek::eek:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern grind one out and move into the knockout.

Barca tie with Olympiacos :eek:

Athletico tie with Qarabag :eek:

Chelsea lose to Roma :eek::eek:

Did you see the blood on the heads of Martinez AND the defender? It's a wonder those guys didn't give each other concussions. Yet some people here in the U.S. still like to refer to soccer as a boring sport for sissies. :rolleyes:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Did you see the blood on the heads of Martinez AND the defender? It's a wonder those guys didn't give each other concussions. Yet some people here in the U.S. still like to refer to soccer as a boring sport for sissies. :rolleyes:

Javi looked like he just wrapped up filming a Rambo remake

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with this as long as its not with intent, tis a contact sport dispite what the namby pamby brigade might say.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
All the money in the world can't buy an away team a win at the Allianz :sneaky:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Boy the Sevilla players were diving so bad the British announcer on Fox called them out on it. SMH. Jupp gets results, but I wasn't sure about the starting lineup today. Maybe he was trying to finish things off on Saturday and didn't think he'd need that kind of speed today. It all worked out though.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Boy the Sevilla players were diving so bad the British announcer on Fox called them out on it. SMH. Jupp gets results, but I wasn't sure about the starting lineup today. Maybe he was trying to finish things off on Saturday and didn't think he'd need that kind of speed today. It all worked out though.

Spanish teams are so annoying.

2-1 advantage is fine with me going back to Germany.

Bernat got exposed today. He's not Bayern caliber.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Can't believe Roma knocked off Barca like that :eek:
I hope this is a reminder to bayern that they need to be on their toes tonight, it's not over until the whistle blows.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
There is NO way Real Madrid and the shirtless prissy boy deserved that one. When did the Italian match fixers move over to Spain???:mad:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
There is NO way Real Madrid and the shirtless prissy boy deserved that one. When did the Italian match fixers move over to Spain???:mad:

Last season right before the Bayern v Real matches.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I keep watching the supposed penalty over and over again and can't figure out why that was any kind of a penalty. I honestly think someone was paid off.

Members online

Latest posts