UEFA Champions League

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Arsenal played head to head well until the second half. The end of the match stats showed that Arsenal maintained more possession than most teams against Bayern. But once again they crumbled in the second half.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Arsenal played head to head well until the second half. The end of the match stats showed that Arsenal maintained more possession than most teams against Bayern. But once again they crumbled in the second half.
Losers yet again playing straight in Munich's hands, i dont think they will ever learn that playing open expansive football against such opposition in Europe never ends well. Wenger has more lives than a cattery.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Losers yet again playing straight in Munich's hands, i dont think they will ever learn that playing open expansive football against such opposition in Europe never ends well. Wenger has more lives than a cattery.
The Madrid teams can do it but that is because they are faster than Bayern.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Wenger whinging is sad. You can't blame this result purely on the red card. Frankfurt had almost the exact same thing happen to them, and they ended the game level.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37666426

Arsenal crumbled. As always. Look in the mirror for the problem Mr. Wenger.

Adrien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goodbye Borussia Dortmund, they wont reach the last 16....
Easy groups for Chelsea and ManU...

They just eliminated Benfica by thrashing them 4-0. Dortmund is better than people give them credit for. They were in the Champions League Finals in 2013.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They just eliminated Benfica by thrashing them 4-0. Dortmund is better than people give them credit for. They were in the Champions League Finals in 2013.
Holy sh**, looks like I have to eat my words :eek::D
When did I write this ? Last year? :cautious:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Great game but the 5-1 penalty was a joke :rolleyes:;)
Hmmmmm im always somewhat suspicious when a mega team comes back from seemingly insermountable odds in big games. Funny how they got exactly the right amount to turn the tie on its head. What i can say with certainty it has never happend in crucial european games in the past........;):D:sneaky::roflmao:

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmmm im always somewhat suspicious when a mega team comes back from seemingly insermountable odds in big games. Funny how they got exatly the right amount to turn the tie on its head. What i can say with certainty it has never happend in crucial european games in the past........;):D:sneaky::roflmao:
Not sure but Mr. Aytekin might have met some people from Eastern Europe in Berlin at Cafe King :cautious::D We've already seen this before :ninja:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesliga_scandal_(2005)
Btw - Mr. Aytekin is our ref on Sunday against Gladbach :rolleyes:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Good grief, now Wenger had graduated to complaining about the officiating in Barcelona's comeback!

That senile old coot needs to move on.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Leicester City defy the odds again, quarter finalists thats pretty good. If they still had Kante id put money on them to win it. :)

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Leicester City defy the odds again, quarter finalists thats pretty good. If they still had Kante id put money on them to win it. :)

No way. Props to them for moving on, but they squeezed by Sevilla on aggregate, and their group wasn't exactly a powerhouse either. I'm happy for them and I like the story, but no way they can stand toe-to-toe with the top clubs in the world.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
No way. Props to them for moving on, but they squeezed by Sevilla on aggregate, and their group wasn't exactly a powerhouse either. I'm happy for them and I like the story, but no way they can stand toe-to-toe with the top clubs in the world.
Maybe not this time, but as you get older you realise that anything is possible. Who in their right mind apart from one or two of their own diehard fans would have put money on them winning the Premiership at 5000-1 at the start of the season. The Premiership has a few top clubs itself as you know. Even Buffon of Juve thinks it would be foolish to underestimate Leicester.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with both of you guys. On the one hand I think its impossible for Leicester , on the other hand many teams play way better in Europa oder CL competitions than at home when playing "ordinary" league games.
I'd like to see Leicester making it to the next round but I expect Bayern, Barca or Juve to win it in the end. Leicester making it to the semi-finals or even to the final would be a big surprise.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I was rooting for Koln today, so it's alright for you to return the favor ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That was exactly my thoughts too. I like the draw. And I have a fierce hate for Real Ronaldo. That means I have to root for FC Hollywood. :eek:
Normally its 50/50 for me with those teams but the poser tips it, dont want Bavaria to win the CL but hope they win over two games. And it would be nice if Juve could get to the semi finals also.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like the Dortmund game is postponed due to bomb detonations close to the BVB-bus on its way to the stadium. One person hurt, rumors say its the player Bartra.
This world is crazy, but only a question of time that even worse is going to happen during big sporting events. :rolleyes::tdown:

Members online

Latest posts