UEFA Champions League

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Looks like the Dortmund game is postponed due to bomb detonations close to the BVB-bus on its way to the stadium. One person hurt, rumors say its the player Bartra.
This world is crazy, but only a question of time that even worse is going to happen during big sporting events. :rolleyes::tdown:

Looks like Bartra was injured in the wrist and had surgery to fix it. Manager says nothing life threatening, just an injury.

Terrible stuff.

Not nearly along that line of terrible, but still pretty bad, was the officiating for the Barca Juve game. I swear that ref gives yellow cards if you blink too many times per minute. Half the time I had no idea what I player was getting carded for.

Great game by Juve though, they played excellent. I don't think Barca has two miracles in them this season.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Looks like the Dortmund game is postponed due to bomb detonations close to the BVB-bus on its way to the stadium. One person hurt, rumors say its the player Bartra.
This world is crazy, but only a question of time that even worse is going to happen during big sporting events. :rolleyes::tdown:
:(

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Can't imagine what it will be like for Dortmund players to go out there tomorrow...going to be incredibly difficult to concentrate.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
(CNN)German authorities suspect "terrorist involvement" in a bomb attack on the bus of the Borussia Dortmund soccer team, based on the type of detonator and explosive involved, a spokeswoman for the federal prosecutor's office said Wednesday.

One person has been temporarily detained in connection with the case, spokeswoman Frauke Koehler said.
That person is one of two suspects whose homes have been searched by investigators, she said.
Both suspects are from the "Islamist spectrum," Koehler said.
One of several claims of responsibility for the attack mentioned a demand for the withdrawal of German Tornado jets from Syria and the closure of the US Air Force's Ramstein air base in Germany.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/europe/dortmund-explosion-germany/

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Lewy out against Real today...

That really crushes Bayern's chances IMO. Be the same if Ronaldo was out for Real.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lewy out against Real today...

That really crushes Bayern's chances IMO. Be the same if Ronaldo was out for Real.
Thats bad news for Bayern. Lewandowski is arguably one of the best strikers worlwide.
But I think most important will be to avoid any goals by Real. With Lewandowski back for the game in Madrid Bayern is able to score at least once or twice and make it to the next round.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Thats bad news for Bayern. Lewandowski is arguably one of the best strikers worlwide.
But I think most important will be to avoid any goals by Real. With Lewandowski back for the game in Madrid Bayern is able to score at least once or twice and make it to the next round.

Terribly unfortunate that everyone got banged up in the same week...Muller, Lewy, Hummels, Neuer. Have to play with the cards you are dealt though.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
(CNN)German authorities suspect "terrorist involvement" in a bomb attack on the bus of the Borussia Dortmund soccer team, based on the type of detonator and explosive involved, a spokeswoman for the federal prosecutor's office said Wednesday.

One person has been temporarily detained in connection with the case, spokeswoman Frauke Koehler said.
That person is one of two suspects whose homes have been searched by investigators, she said.
Both suspects are from the "Islamist spectrum," Koehler said.
One of several claims of responsibility for the attack mentioned a demand for the withdrawal of German Tornado jets from Syria and the closure of the US Air Force's Ramstein air base in Germany.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/europe/dortmund-explosion-germany/

Ah, the religion of Peace and Tolerance strikes again. What a shocker.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Terribly unfortunate that everyone got banged up in the same week...Muller, Lewy, Hummels, Neuer. Have to play with the cards you are dealt though.

Aw heck. They played well for a while, then they just kind of fell apart. Bayern seems to have problems with the Spanish teams. It will take a mountainous comeback on the second leg to move on.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Aw heck. They played well for a while, then they just kind of fell apart. Bayern seems to have problems with the Spanish teams. It will take a mountainous comeback on the second leg to move on.

You go down to 10 men in the CL and that game is over.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I hate to play this card, but Bayern got robbed. I mean, it isn't even a question, the calls were clearly wrong. Vidal did not deserve a red (wasn't even a foul), and Ronaldo was clearly offside for the following goal (and arguably another one).

Disgusting. Real deserved to win the last game. They don't deserve this one.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Both the posers goals were offside, but he can get away with anything. My team also in the past has had really bad decisions against it in CL games, it really sucks.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Didn't see the match. (Tuesday and Friday afternoons are reserved for the wife.) But from everything I've read, it looks like UEFA is being influenced again. Time for another investigation.....

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Didn't see the match. (Tuesday and Friday afternoons are reserved for the wife.) But from everything I've read, it looks like UEFA is being influenced again. Time for another investigation.....

General consensus outside of Real fans is that the match was horribly officiated. ESPNFC has been tearing into the refs from the minute the game ended.

It has to be pretty bad for Ancelotti to comment on it, which he has. Several players have voiced their disgust, whether directly (Vidal and Lewy, who openly criticized the official) or indirectly (Alaba, Hummels, Boateng on twitter saying things like "We fought till the very end and left our hearts on the pitch. Unfortunately some things you just can't control...").

Most neutral fans I know are disgusted because the game should have been amazing to talk about and enjoy, but instead all that is left is a bitter taste due to the officiating. Sad day for the sport.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Bayern have filed a complaint with UEFA after their fans were attacked by Spanish police at halftime of the game.

To make matters even worse, Neuer broke his foot during the game and is out for the season.

Truly a day from hell for bayern fans.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So Messi and his Dad were sentenced for tax fraud and didn't do any time in the slammer. Ronaldo is now facing charges of tax fraud and there is little chance he will do time. I guess crooked Uli should have lived in Spain. :roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Boy, Bayern got slaughtered by AC Milan today in China. I know you can't judge much by today's appearance, but it looks to me like Carlo will have his work cut out for him to make it through the CL group stages.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Boy, Bayern got slaughtered by AC Milan today in China. I know you can't judge much by today's appearance, but it looks to me like Carlo will have his work cut out for him to make it through the CL group stages.
Such games at this time are glorified training matches no matter the opposition, the time to start worring is during the regular season this happens.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Such games at this time are glorified training matches no matter the opposition, the time to start worring is during the regular season this happens.

Yeah I watched the game and it was super obvious they had been instructed to write this one off. Even the announcer said it looked like they were just told to put their minutes in.

This whole tour is a publicity stunt, and Carlo is even throwing wacky formations out there because why not.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
And LOL at struggling to get through the group. Jeez croak you are such a cynic.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And LOL at struggling to get through the group. Jeez croak you are such a cynic.

When was the last time they won the CL? I was commenting more on the quality and depth of the opponents I've seen. I think the CL will be very competitive and even down right hard.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And just watch; Everton is going to qualify for CL this next time around and Bayern will really be done for. :whistling:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
When was the last time they won the CL? I was commenting more on the quality and depth of the opponents I've seen. I think the CL will be very competitive and even down right hard.
Thats the way it should be, the best teams dukin it out againt each other. I would not have it any other way.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
And just watch; Everton is going to qualify for CL this next time around and Bayern will really be done for. :whistling:
Steady on there Croak......Munchen better than Everton no way! :D

Last edited:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score

Five whole years ago, omg Bayern is clearly da suxxors.

The CL usually is competitive, but Bayern are also one of the best teams in the world, whether you allow yourself to admit it or not.

Members online

Latest posts