UEFA Champions League

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Zidane just retired as RM coach.

I wonder if his contract with the officials expired, so he figured now was a good time :p

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ronaldo to Juventus??? :eek::eek:
I just read about it, cant imagine that Juventus or any other team is paying that huge amount of money for a 33 yo Ronaldo.
His official fixed transfer fee is 1 billion (!) Euros. But thats theoretical, some newspapers speculate about a reduced fee of around 250m.
Still too much, even for Ronaldo. Dont see this happen but let's see.....

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I just read about it, cant imagine that Juventus or any other team is paying that huge amount of money for a 33 yo Ronaldo.
His official fixed transfer fee is 1 billion (!) Euros. But thats theoretical, some newspapers speculate about a reduced fee of around 250m.
Still too much, even for Ronaldo. Dont see this happen but let's see.....

Yeah I'm not counting anything until I see him in Juve kit.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Turner media just essentially told people outside Europe to go eff themselves in regards to their broadcasting schedule and availability for Champions league and Europa league this year.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Turner media just essentially told people outside Europe to go eff themselves in regards to their broadcasting schedule and availability for Champions league and Europa league this year.

Yeah, I saw that. But Ted Turner has never been one of my favorite people. So we are basically screwed when it comes to watching the Champions league for the next couple of years unless we want to shell out even more bucks .

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that. But Ted Turner has never been one of my favorite people. So we are basically screwed when it comes to watching the Champions league for the next couple of years unless we want to shell out even more bucks .
How much is a subscription?
Dont think it's any different here, you have to pay to watch the Bundesliga or CL live except the summary (?) of the Saturday games on free TV from 19.00 hrs on....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
How much is a subscription?
Dont think it's any different here, you have to pay to watch the Bundesliga or CL live except the summary (?) of the Saturday games on free TV from 19.00 hrs on....

$2.99 per match, $9.99 per month, or $79.99 per year. However, that is in addition to what folks pay for cable subscriptions or other streaming services like Sling TV who would normally cover the matches.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
$2.99 per match, $9.99 per month, or $79.99 per year. However, that is in addition to what folks pay for cable subscriptions or other streaming services like Sling TV who would normally cover the matches.
It‘s a lot of money.
Over here everybody has to pay for public broadcasting service. Regardless if you have a TV/Radio or not! Its about 17 Euros per month. Plus cable TV, in my case another 17 Euros per month.
Additional 39 Euros per month on top for Sky to watch Bundesliga and 10 Euros for DAZN to watch EPL, SPL etc. :rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It‘s a lot of money.
Over here everybody has to pay for public broadcasting service. Regardless if you have a TV/Radio or not! Its about 17 Euros per month. Plus cable TV, in my case another 17 Euros per month.
Additional 39 Euros per month on top for Sky to watch Bundesliga and 10 Euros for DAZN to watch EPL, SPL etc. :rolleyes:

Whoa. :eek: It looks like you pay more than we do.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Whoa. :eek: It looks like you pay more than we do.

83 Euro, that's pretty close to what a TV package over here would cost per month with all the sports channels, maybe less since you need a crazy subscription to get any kind of soccer

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I went with Itkovian, his son and his brother to the Bayern v Juventus friendly in the driving rain and floods around Philadelphia and we had a great time! Philadelphia is a good place for world football. A little pic of Itkovian, his son and brother.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
When was the friendly? Somehow missed that Bayern played some matches across the pond. How many people came to see the game? Was it sold out?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
When was the friendly? Somehow missed that Bayern played some matches across the pond. How many people came to see the game? Was it sold out?

35,000 were there that night, but we had torrential rains, storms and flooding. I don't know how many were at the match in Miami.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts