UEFA Champions League

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a fundamental difference in how the referees from the varying nations view the game? That English ref allowed play to go on, but he didn't put up with much diving, which Porto did a lot in the first leg. He even carded the one Porto player for "simulation". It seems most of the German refs let a lot of contact go on, while the Spanish dude basically ran with a whistle ready.
German refs are fussy too.:rolleyes:
The Brits have the best refs in football imho. If I watch the EPL and compare it with German Bundesliga its a huge difference. Nearly every contact ends with a freekick call, completely different in the EPL.
And yes, the refs from Spain and Italy are among the worst, but this might have something to do with the fact that they are used to players that are more lying on the pitch than standing upright. :sneaky::D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Ugh, I think that was the draw I wanted to see less. Damn.

Now, we are going to be forced to watch Ronaldo score an un-deciding goal, and rip his shirt off as if he just won the World Cup.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ugh, I think that was the draw I wanted to see less. Damn.

Now, we are going to be forced to watch Ronaldo score an un-deciding goal, and rip his shirt off as if he just won the World Cup.
Ugh Yuck just in order to avoid that was cheering on Atletico. You never know though Juve might stop them....well we can hope.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Barca v Bayern will be a great game. Don't know which team will show up for Bayern, though. Hard to tell who will be healthy these days.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Juve.

Now park the Bus and take the win. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I really want FCB to win the CL. But as long as Juve knocks Real Madrid out, I will be content regardless of who lifts the trophy.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The gap toothed bunny wabbit World Cup winner Ronaldo, accept no others.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Goal!!!! Juve 2:1

Could have been a straight red considering the defender who fouled him was the last man between him and the goalie.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you mean tired of everyone but SUPERBAYERN!

It is a fantastic team, but I somehow just can't feel any love for them. It's quite weird as I really rate Muller, Alonso and Schweini...yet somehow not support them in a game :confused:

No, this year I would love to have Juve take the title. A welcome break and it's time the Italians got back into the top game.

Members online

Latest posts