UEFA Champions League

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
But the best teams in Europe are playing each other at the moment. This should have been the final.....
Do you think Bayern are better than Real nessie, i only say this because the Germans seem to have gone off the boil lately for one reason or another.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Over the 2 legs Barca just had more individual match winners in their side. Small margins at the highest level.

Agreed with the players that were on the field. Barca was a bit better man to man. I remember a few years ago when Bayern played Barca while Dortmund played Real Madrid. I called an all German final because of the draw, which thankfully happened... but anyways.

When Bayern beat Barca that year, when the 2 teams did their handshakes before the game, EVERY Bayern player looked 1 meter taller than all of the Barca players (slight exaggeration on 1 meter but you get the point). I knew Bayern with ALL of their starters were taking that game and Dortmund had a good shot at taking Real Madrid which happened. When I saw the draw this year, I thought it was the worst possible draw for anyone who wanted to see anything but an all Iberian affair. I just HOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE Juve can hold ground tomorrow night and grind out a draw. I cannot stomach to see 2 La Liga teams (who's league needs financial upheaval) to play in an important trophy game.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think Bayern are better than Real nessie, i only say this because the Germans seem to have gone off the boil lately for one reason or another.
I think they are but only with a healthy Robben or Ribery. Think they need and will rebuild the team for next season. Ribery and Robben are 30+, Schweinsteiger and Alonso might leave. Lahm isnt getting better.....a few problems..... ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think they are but only with a healthy Robben or Ribery. Think they need and will rebuild the team for next season. Ribery and Robben are 30+, Schweinsteiger and Alonso might leave. Lahm isnt getting better.....a few problems..... ;)

They need to get healthy and to get help on defense. At least without all the Pokal, CL and world cup stuff this year they will have a chance to get strong again.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Upon further reflection, I think Bayern have plenty of talent up front to make up for the loss of Robbery. But what those two guys did, when healthy, was keep the focus away from our weak defense. Without them, too much attention can be paid toward beating that slow defense. We need fast defenders. Hummels maybe?

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Upon further reflection, I think Bayern have plenty of talent up front to make up for the loss of Robbery. But what those two guys did, when healthy, was keep the focus away from our weak defense. Without them, too much attention can be paid toward beating that slow defense. We need fast defenders. Hummels maybe?

The loss of Alaba was, I believe, the crucial blow to the defense. Go back through the schedule and you'll see when he wasn't in the field is when the goals really started showing for the opposition.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England

I think everyone knows Bayerns main weakness is their defence. What i felt they did wrong was not moving the ball quickly enough and getting into Barca's half as soon as possible. So, by having slower build up play, it kept the ball in the area that they dont really want it, in the first two-thirds of the field. The ball needed to go upto Lewandowski quicker, and getting support up to him. Instead most of the game was played almost infront of Barca, and then its far too easy without blistering pace to get behind Barca backline.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Was a good game from the little i saw of it last 15, Barca should have really scored a third but for a Messi mistake (well he is human) As others have said Bayerns defence is their weakness, dont know if Hummels would go back there but im sure money talks..........:)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agreed with the players that were on the field. Barca was a bit better man to man. I remember a few years ago when Bayern played Barca while Dortmund played Real Madrid. I called an all German final because of the draw, which thankfully happened... but anyways.

When Bayern beat Barca that year, when the 2 teams did their handshakes before the game, EVERY Bayern player looked 1 meter taller than all of the Barca players (slight exaggeration on 1 meter but you get the point). I knew Bayern with ALL of their starters were taking that game and Dortmund had a good shot at taking Real Madrid which happened. When I saw the draw this year, I thought it was the worst possible draw for anyone who wanted to see anything but an all Iberian affair. I just HOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE Juve can hold ground tomorrow night and grind out a draw. I cannot stomach to see 2 La Liga teams (who's league needs financial upheaval) to play in an important trophy game.

I cant stand Real at all, the only positive thing about them for me is the coach Carlo Ancelotti. Chelsea played some great football during his time there, and for me he was let go stupidly by Abramovich. All the best from me for Carlo, but i hope his team lose.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think everyone knows Bayerns main weakness is their defence. What i felt they did wrong was not moving the ball quickly enough and getting into Barca's half as soon as possible. So, by having slower build up play, it kept the ball in the area that they dont really want it, in the first two-thirds of the field. The ball needed to go upto Lewandowski quicker, and getting support up to him. Instead most of the game was played almost infront of Barca, and then its far too easy without blistering pace to get behind Barca backline.
I thought so too, when I was watching the game. They tried to do too much near the skilled Barca players.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Did I see Ronaldo leave the field as soon as the whistle blew? The other guys on his team stayed out to shake hands.