UDFA Watch: Manoa Pikula

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will keep my expectations reserved as he did go undrafted...however his heart and drive is one I like. I am a fan of the amount of tackles he consistently had....also a fan of the speed he has 4.57

To me I'd rather have this guy in reserve than Bradford as I like what I see. Depth guy that I hope sticks around and develops.

I actually had this guy pegged as a 6th or 7th rounder hopefully for us. Shocked he was still here.

D

Deleted member 6794

I will keep my expectations reserved as he did go undrafted...however his heart and drive is one I like. I am a fan of the amount of tackles he consistently had....also a fan of the speed he has 4.57.

Actually Pikula didn´t have a lot of tackles for an inside linebacker during his college career. He finished with a total of 140 at Brigham Young during four seasons. Just compare that number to Martinez´s 138 tackles last season.

OP
OP
Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will keep my expectations reserved as he did go undrafted...however his heart and drive is one I like. I am a fan of the amount of tackles he consistently had....also a fan of the speed he has 4.57

To me I'd rather have this guy in reserve than Bradford as I like what I see. Depth guy that I hope sticks around and develops.

I actually had this guy pegged as a 6th or 7th rounder hopefully for us. Shocked he was still here.

As with most UDFAs he'll have to prove himself on special teams to have any shot. He might end up on the Practice Squad for a year if he can show the coaching staff enough potential.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Pikula didn´t have a lot of tackles for an inside linebacker during his college career. He finished with a total of 140 at Brigham Young during four seasons. Just compare that number to Martinez´s 138 tackles last season.

I read your comment and was like wait a second...oh I didn't mean the amount sorry completely scrambled that up. I meant finished, not had. Dude appears to have good form...I'm caught off guard by how few tackles he had though honestly.

Curious if he was consistently called on to drop in coverage perhaps? NO clue. Raw to say the least...and very likely a guy where numbers hide the true ability. But I like him.

Staff online

Latest posts