UDFA Tracker 2022

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers just signed this this rb as an undrafted free agent… BJ Baylor watch the video he's really super fast!!!. As he slices through the line
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
If this kid can contribute heavily on ST then cool. He looks like a good fit at PR.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Poppa San Add this to the UDFA thread. It helps keep all the discussions centered. I also think Baylor or Goodson will be our PS stashes this year. Like both in very different ways.

Also for the record he isn't a burner speed wise, what he is however is very burst oriented in his cuts at times. He only ran a 4.55...which of course isn't slow at all, but the crazy thing about him is his short ten yard split isn't great at all for RBs....but his 20 is 9.01 on the RAS scale. That intermittent distance he excels...his forty is good but not great like his 20 yard split.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ya, I feel super bad for this guy. I thought someone would bring him in for at least a chance because he has a ton of talent. His spine and neck are nothing to mess with though.
Appears that the Chiefs are signing him, despite the medical concerns. This kid showed some real talent his freshman year, will be interesting to see what happens.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay I gotta admit Chauncey Manac missed my radar in pre-draft research and studying. I gotta highlight this dude some, he deserves it:

So first the negative....he is an older prospect after being a 6th year prospect:
2016 saw him go to Georgia as a three star recruit (KY, Tenn, A&M all recruited too) and get redshirted, deciding to transfer I suspect minimum 24 years old but couldn't find for sure anywhere.
2017 Transferred to Garden City CC for one season
2018 Transferred to Louisiana after choosing them over Cinci, Florida and Ole Miss with offers.
Four Year start for the Rajun Cajuns amassing:
2018 - 47 Tackles/4 Sacks/8.5 TFL/1 PD/1 FF
2019 - 31 Tackles/3 sacks/5.5 TFL/
2020 - 31 Tackles/2 sacks/5.5 TFL/1 INT
2021 - 57 Tackles/10.5 sacks/14.5 TFL/2 PD/2 FF
TOTAL - 166 Tackles/19.5 sacks/34 TFL/3 PD/3 FF/1 INT

In the 2021 season he produced 40 pressures, good for 41st in the entire draft class (only two fewer than Mafe and Ojabo)

He did not produce good athletic numbers in testing, only a 3.63 RAS type of prospect. What is odd though is his 20 yard split and his 40 are awesome 2.74 and 4.67...his first 10 however is a struggle. He isn't an explosive guy, but what is odd is if you gave me his film first I'd have bet for sure this was at minimum a 7.00 RAS type guy, and I would have expected his agility ratings to be what drug it down.

Seriously watch some of this game tape and I simply don't understand other than he simply might be a terrible performer in shorts...but put a helmet on him and a mouthpiece in and its like his "go button". Zadarius was a sub 4.0 RAS guy as well. I'm not in anyway saying Manac will be even remotely that level of player...just strengthening it that not everyone is a shorts performer.

He on film shows a solid moves package, great motor and at times I swear was vastly quicker off the line than his numbers would lead you to predict.

Watch some Manac tape and I think with the limited roster proven beyond Smith and Gary...watch out for this guy making noise for a roster bid spot.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Okay I gotta admit Chauncey Manac missed my radar in pre-draft research and studying. I gotta highlight this dude some, he deserves it
These are the guys that I enjoy watching. The 1st-3rd round guys are all pretty well known and expected to achieve at the next level. So if they don't, they are labeled a disappointment and/or a bust. Whereas the late rounders or UDFA's are virtually unknowns and not expected to do a thing. So when you find a guy like Manac that could potentially turn into that diamond in the rough, you pull for them to make it.

Five of the Packers draft picks, Devonte Wyatt, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs, Kingsley Enagbare and Tariq Carpenter, all participated in the Senior Bowl this year. As did Manac. What I think that does for small school guys like Manac and Watson, is it allows scouts/coaches to see them matched up against big school prospects in practice and during the actual game. Both Watson and Manac evidently held their own and proved that they can excel against the bigger school players.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are the guys that I enjoy watching. The 1st-3rd round guys are all pretty well known and expected to achieve at the next level. So if they don't, they are labeled a disappointment and/or a bust. Whereas the late rounders or UDFA's are virtually unknowns and not expected to do a thing. So when you find a guy like Manac that could potentially turn into that diamond in the rough, you pull for them to make it.

Five of the Packers draft picks, Devonte Wyatt, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs, Kingsley Enagbare and Tariq Carpenter, all participated in the Senior Bowl this year. As did Manac. What I think that does for small school guys like Manac and Watson, is it allows scouts/coaches to see them matched up against big school prospects in practice and during the actual game. Both Watson and Manac evidently held their own and proved that they can excel against the bigger school players.

I don't show Manac as a senior bowl participant? He was a participant in the NFLPA COLLEGIATE BOW

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't show Manac as a senior bowl participant? He was a participant in the NFLPA COLLEGIATE BOW
Yeah, my bad. I read "Chauncey Manac has put together a solid four years as a starter at Louisiana and has earned himself a senior bowl invite." Evidently, he didn't get that invite. Even so, it appears that the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl helped him to show his level of play.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw on AcmepackingCompany's UDFA tracker that GB thought they had USC LB Kana'i Mauga ready to sign for an $8k signing bonus, but according to a commenter the Falcons offered him $50k, and then Denver offered him $70k so he's a Bronco, now. Some of the signing bonuses have been crazy for a team to bring in a UDFA that they really like. Hard to imagine that after 262 guys get drafted that teams still think there's that kind of talent still available worth paying that kind of SB.

FYI - WR Samori Toure (pick #258) receives a 4yr/$3.75Mil contract with $90,660 signing bonus.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Saw on AcmepackingCompany's UDFA tracker that GB thought they had USC LB Kana'i Mauga ready to sign for an $8k signing bonus, but according to a commenter the Falcons offered him $50k, and then Denver offered him $70k so he's a Bronco, now. Some of the signing bonuses have been crazy for a team to bring in a UDFA that they really like. Hard to imagine that after 262 guys get drafted that teams still think there's that kind of talent still available worth paying that kind of SB.

FYI - WR Samori Toure (pick #258) receives a 4yr/$3.75Mil contract with $90,660 signing bonus.
Sadly, that is just couch change for football teams. Lot of money for you and I, but it assured the Broncos of getting a guy that they must have wanted a closer look at. Considering how much Toure just cost the Packers for a guaranteed 4 year deal, its probably a bargain for a guy they probably thought about drafting in the 7th round.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly, that is just couch change for football teams. Lot of money for you and I, but it assured the Broncos of getting a guy that they must have wanted a closer look at. Considering how much Toure just cost the Packers for a guaranteed 4 year deal, its probably a bargain for a guy they probably thought about drafting in the 7th round.
Only the 1st round contracts are fully guaranteed, but that is slowly changing every year. Used to be only some of round 1, this year all 32 are fully guaranteed. Next year, maybe 1/4-1/2 of round 2 contracts will be fully guaranteed? I'd rather load-up on 7th round picks, again, as some of the top UDFA's were given bonuses in excess of $180K. The 1st pick of round 7 received $136,536 SB per the slotting table.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Only the 1st round contracts are fully guaranteed, but that is slowly changing every year. Used to be only some of round 1, this year all 32 are fully guaranteed. Next year, maybe 1/4-1/2 of round 2 contracts will be fully guaranteed? I'd rather load-up on 7th round picks, again, as some of the top UDFA's were given bonuses in excess of $180K. The 1st pick of round 7 received $136,536 SB per the slotting table.
Thanks...my bad for thinking the 4 years were guaranteed for Toure.

As the NFL keeps bleeding more and more money from their fans, the players union will make sure that they get an increased piece of that pie. I have no issue with players and owners sharing in revenues in a fair way, I just have an issue when the pie gets so big, a million dollars is chump change to both owner and player.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more surprised that no te's were drafted or signed. Maybe Tonyan is further along than expected. I guess they do like Degeura, Davis, Lewis and Dafney enough to not add anyone.

They must like the group.

To be fair each TE offers different and complimentary skill sets.

However with Tonyan on the mend, I think GB sees what they can get out of Davis, Deguara, or Daffney.

I'll go with Davis getting a shot at TE1.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

However with Tonyan on the mend, I think GB sees what they can get out of Davis, Deguara, or Daffney.

If the reports were true that the Packers were trying to work out a trade deal for the Raiders TE Darren Waller, that tells me that they still want to improve the position. Maybe they will wait and see what is out there come August and at that point they will have a better idea when Tonyan might be ready. However, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Gute isn't through trying to improve the TE and/or WR positions.

D

Deleted member 6794

The tight end group is underwhelming at best, especially considering the Packers are lacking talent at wide receiver as well.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The tight end group is underwhelming at best, especially considering the Packers are lacking talent at wide receiver as well.
You're not looking for a breakout season from Deguara and Davis? ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deguara is still iffy for me. I see some spots where i'm like, yeah, he can do it. And then I see the exact opposite and not enough of the flashes to give me a lot of hope, but enough to think he still has time to put things together.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daffney & Deguara are both 6'-2" and will be 25 when TC opens. They're far from ideal TE size and running out of time to show they belong. Tyler Davis is 6'-4", 252 lbs so much closer to ideal TE size, but he's also 25. Hopefully Gute grabs a 22 year old 6'-6, 255 lb'er after cut-downs & cuts our least promising 25 yr old.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Daffney & Deguara are both 6'-2" and will be 25 when TC opens. They're far from ideal TE size and running out of time to show they belong. Tyler Davis is 6'-4", 252 lbs so much closer to ideal TE size, but he's also 25. Hopefully Gute grabs a 22 year old 6'-6, 255 lb'er after cut-downs & cuts our least promising 25 yr old.
Gute wasted a 3rd rounder on Sternberger, hoping Deguara isn't a repeat, but so far not looking good.

I was actually expecting the Packers to draft a TE or at least sign an UDFA TE. There were 3 UDFA's that I liked (Wydermyer, Austin Allen and Lucas Krull. All signed pretty quick, so maybe the Packers never had a shot at any of them.

They must be relatively happy with the current group or maybe just waiting for the right FA or trade to come along.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That's the fun part?
I think so. It is a bit like the day Free Agency begins, but with very low priced, potential diamonds in the rough. Teams are spending pocket change and bringing in guys that are on the fringe of being in the NFL. Lots of stories on why some of these guys didn't hear their names called during the draft, so for those who have "scouted" them before the draft, it is fun to see where they end up signing.

I expect almost every drafted player to make the 53 or the PS, whereas when an UDFA defies the odds and makes it as an underdog, I can get on board with rooting for him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Same thing you said about Tonyan before his breakout season.

I don't remember me saying something similar specifically about Tonyan. But I'm quite sure I mentioned it about a lot of second and third year players ending up being correct.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts