Two Notes of ViQueen Trivia !!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope this has not been posted before and my apologies if it has,

1) The Queens will be wearing throwback uniforms this week but I have no idea what they are like.

2) The Queens and the NFL have come to some type of agreement to stop the game for some type of celebration if and when Brett breaks Marino's TD record.

Anyone with details on these notes, please inform. Thanks and Cheers !!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the Vikings will be wearing their pink and yellow uniforms this weekend.
They have already given the guy whos job it is to blow the Viking "horn" after the Vikings make a great play the day off, as they know they won't be needing his services.

I think that when Favre breaks the record, they will probably stop the game, flash it on the jumbotron, and give him the football. I don't think it will be much more then that. I heard that their MIGHT be a taped message from Dan Marino.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that the throwbacks look pretty much the same as the current ones: purple & ugly.

It'd be awesome if the NFL forced the Metrodome officials to drop a big Green & Gold Banner with "Brett Favre: Better than Tarkenton" on it, and green/gold fireworks & confetti. That'd be so cool.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I heard that the throwbacks look pretty much the same as the current ones: purple & ugly.

It'd be awesome if the NFL forced the Metrodome officials to drop a big Green & Gold Banner with "Brett Favre: Better than Tarkenton" on it, and green/gold fireworks & confetti. That'd be so cool.
Tarkenton was passed by Favre LONG ago! I think he had 342 career TD's.
The thing is.......I liked Tarkenton........i HATED him cause he was a Viking, but he was SO great at avoiding a sack. The guy was AMAZING to watch!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
how long has it been since Green Bay changed their uniform design?
For the most part, pretty much the same since the mid 1960's. In 1984 Forrest Gregg added the Packer "G" to the sleeve on the shirt, and the pants had the player number near the top by the stripe. In 1989 they removed the "G" from the shirt. (Me, i liked the "G" on the sleeve)

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have already given the guy who's job it is to blow the Viking "horn" after the Vikings make a great play the day off, as they know they won't be needing his services.

Great play??? They blow that idiotic horn every time a Vikings player runs more than three steps without tripping over his own feet!! Thank God they don't have anything that stupid at Lambeau (of course, cheeseheads aren't something you'd generally see a brain surgeon wearing).

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, they got some annoying things there. Last year my buddy was getting mad when by half time I started asking him why we never heard the horn anymore. LOL Knowing the intelligence of the Viking faithful maybe the Vikes believe if they change uniforms the fans won't recognize it's the same sorry *** team on the field

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope the Packers NEVER change their uniforms. I even like the "away" unis. Uniforms as gaudy as the Broncos, Bengals, etc are hideous.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope the Packers NEVER change their uniforms. I even like the "away" unis. Uniforms as gaudy as the Broncos, Bengals, etc are hideous.

Sure look better than the Eagles throwback unis of last sunday. We surely have the classic look.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am apparently the only person alive that like the eagles jerseys... too shiny sure.. but the design and colors werent bad.

i like the original blue and yellow packers jerseys. now thats a throwback.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
They have already given the guy who's job it is to blow the Viking "horn" after the Vikings make a great play the day off, as they know they won't be needing his services.

Great play??? They blow that idiotic horn every time a Vikings player runs more than three steps without tripping over his own feet!! Thank God they don't have anything that stupid at Lambeau (of course, cheeseheads aren't something you'd generally see a brain surgeon wearing).
Well......i mean "great" by THEIR standards, not by ours! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah cheeseheads....gotta like em'...but useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker! :p
I have SOOOO many things i could say here..........like for example, notice the wooden gnome in his avatar? And he's talking about "rubber lips on a woodpecker???"
Bet he's talking from expierience!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread had me laughing out loud.
Alot of good Viking zingers in there, nice job guys and gals.

It appears Cheesey has had a major influence on this board.
Can NEVER have enough "CHEESEYNESS!!!" :lol:

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
Ah cheeseheads....gotta like em'...but useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker! :p
I have SOOOO many things i could say here..........like for example, notice the wooden gnome in his avatar? And he's talking about "rubber lips on a woodpecker???"

Ha, that is why the ladies call me "Woody", or the "tri-pod" Gnome! :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
vikesrule said:

Ha, that is why the ladies call me "Woody", or the "tri-pod" Gnome! :D
I bet! I bet the conversation goes like this: Women you are hitting on in a bar talking.
Woman #1 says to her friend: "I wish that purple clad loser would leave us alone!"
Woman #2 says: "If I told him how grotesque he is, WOODY leave us alone???"
And THAT is why they call him "WOODY!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts