Turner won't be a Packer, but this guy will be!

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Look at what the Titans are doing this week, they are bringing in guys and I am willing to bet, are looking to see what they have available to them. I would be surprised if they sign them before draft day. I will explain the same logic that I think we are using, although we aren't bringing guys in right now.

Why sign anyone or make a trade for Turner until at least the first two rounds of the draft take place. We have no idea, especially this year how the draft is going to shake out. What if the RB darling Peterson starts sliding, if we make the deal for Turner we tie our hands in making a deal to grab AP. Point is it makes very little sense to pull the tigger on a trade this close to the draft without waiting for the draft to unfold.

I am not defending Ted here, because I am concerned that he isn't bringing guys in to at least take a look at his options to "PLAN" for any post draft moves. But to me, we have waited through the intial stages of FA, why not allow a couple more weeks to pass and let at least day one of the draft to unfold, see what picks are falling to us and then make a decision if we want to pull the trigger on a deal for someone like a Turner.

My two bits... for whatever it is worth.

PS - Holiday will make this team, just a feeling.

If you wait to make a trade for Turner and two rounds of the draft are in the books....he isnt going anywhere. Id think there is no way AJ Smith is going to take less than a first so certainly less than a 2nd rounder is out of the question.

Turner visits the Bills tomorrow and the Titans and Chargers have had discusions. Im sure there are ideas on what they would want for him and maybe nothing happens till draft day but Turner is worth a first and id rather have him over Lynch and maybe even Peterson who will get beat up like Chris Brown with his upright running style.

I agree, I see Turner either going to the Bills or Titans or staying put. I don't know why the Packers have not showed some extreme interest in Turner. If the Packers are going to make a draft day trade I would imagine they would at least bring him to GB like Tenn. and Buffalo are doing.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
:eek:fftopic:

So, how do you think Holiday will do this year?

Could he challenge Martin/someone else for the #3 spot, or is he nothing more than a #4/5 WR?

I haven't seen enough of Holiday yet to lean one way or the other. Assuming we don't bring in Moss I see him being on the bubble come cutdown time. I would rather have Holiday than Fergie but then again I'd rather have a heart attack than Fergie.

Members online