True or false? Rodgers pads stats in 4th?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay Packers - Situational Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

1st q rating 124.3 4 TD 408 yards

4th q 107.9 3 TD 380 yards

1st half rating 110.2 5 tds 745 yards

2nd half rating 97.6 3 tds 711 yards
false, He gives the Pack what is given. Alot of yards were picked up in the 4 qtr against the vikings with a prevent defense in place. his yardage was on par with favre before the 4th qtr. Rodgers kept throwing as the Pack was behind and favre did not. He picked up 100 yards + against the vikings in that qtr so I think the fact that you have been behind and rodgers had to throw the ball is why his second half yardage is up there. Chicago game and cincy he had to air it out. He is a future stud with a stellar O-Line.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago he aired it out with 184 yards?

Yes - the game-winning throw was over 60 yards, right?

Rodgers will continue to be a fantasy football manager's dream come true because TT does not believe in spending a lot of money on running backs and offensive lineman. As a result, the running game will never be solid, so throwing the ball is always a "must" - even with shoddy protection, a guy like Rodgers will amass the yardage and touchdowns.

Thank Mr. Creepy Man Thompson for his "My way or the highway" philosophy, as it serves some fantasy owners well.:happy0005:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes - the game-winning throw was over 60 yards, right?

Rodgers will continue to be a fantasy football manager's dream come true because TT does not believe in spending a lot of money on running backs and offensive lineman. As a result, the running game will never be solid, so throwing the ball is always a "must" - even with shoddy protection, a guy like Rodgers will amass the yardage and touchdowns.

Thank Mr. Creepy Man Thompson for his "My way or the highway" philosophy, as it serves some fantasy owners well.:happy0005:

LOL

Okay so next time any q.b throws a ball 50 yards in the air (even if that his is only completion) he is airing it out

Care to explain further on the his way or highway, or you going to avoid it like Jeff Query has done for 3 weeks now

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're going to have discussions about Rodgers, I suggest everybody read the feature article on how he is on pace to become the Packers' all-time single season passing leader at packersnews.com.

BTW, of the season record holders he's chasing none is named Favre.

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a little stat I heard on the radio the other day.

Something to the effect that Rodgers is on pace for 60+ sacks, with an 80 or higher QB rating at the end of the season.

Only two other QBs in the history of the NFL have done that. I forget who one is, but Randall Cunningham is the other.

Whatever that's worth, I have no idea.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
If we're going to have discussions about Rodgers, I suggest everybody read the feature article on how he is on pace to become the Packers' all-time single season passing leader at packersnews.com.

BTW, of the season record holders he's chasing none is named Favre.

I don't think anyone has disputed Rodgers talent ... - however at this point in his career he is lacking that "something" that makes "great players" imho - there is no "wow-factor" when he is playing, because mostly he is playing it "safe" ...

I wouldn't consider Rodgers an impact player at this point ... but more of a "comfort player" ...

By "impact" I mean a player that has leadership abilities as well as talent to make his "cast" better players ... - Granted in time he might develop these skills (but that is actually rare), but mostly ... those skills are "******" ... either you have them, or you don't ...

But back to your comment ... - So because he is about to set an all time season passing record, that makes him great ? (you didn't write that, hence why I'm asking ...) - I mean ... look across the board of nfl quarterbacks today ... - Most of them are increasing passing yards year for year ... - So that (to me) doesn't really impress me, as that is just part of the "evolution" of todays NFL ... - And incidently ... lack of running game, usually means more passing as well ...

But I can certainly see and understand the "need" and "want" to make Rodgers look like the "2nd coming" ... However, untill he learns more "pocket presence" and perhaps starts to "risk" something (not everything, but just risk a little) ... then he will be able to become a "star" ... but right now ... I would rate Flacco, Romo, Schaub, Cutler above him in terms of "star-potential" ...

I know I'm going to receive alot of "flak" for what I'm about to write, however that is how I see him at this point in his career ... - Rodgers isn't a quarterback (atm) who will win you games (the ability is there, but not the "will" to risk it) ... - Granted he won't lose any games neither ... At this point ... Rodgers might very well go down in history as the "Great talent that didn't manage to evolve into a full-fledged star ..." (that his talent and potential promises).

- Might be that the coaching staff has imprinted too much emphasis on NOT making mistakes that is the real problem, however, at some point ... he has got to start showing something more, because honestly ... at this point ... I just don't see him playing up to his contracts worth ... -Yes his stats are (as I've conceded many times) great, however ... when the result doesn't end with a win ... - they don't really matter (out side fantasy leagues ...)

In conclusion, I do agree that from a long term view, betting on Rodgers was the RIGHT thing to do, however, the later actions by management didn't really support this decision (and really makes you wonder if anyone can be that "blind"), and the apparant lack of will to take actions to reinforce the offensive line is just bad business management overall ...

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Schaub? Romo? How are they full of star potential last I checked Romo couldnt pull out any wins when needed, and Matt? what has he done?

I can see Cutler and Flaco, but Romo and Matt?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to explain further on the his way or highway, or you going to avoid it like Jeff Query has done for 3 weeks now

It isn't really difficult to figure out. I like TT, but his game has holes. Nobody is perfect, but the man has had 5 years to assemble a stout O-line and he's really, really dropped the ball in this regard.

Lots of people point to the drafting of Colledge and Spitz as a good start, which it was, but TT then seems to have rested on his laurels a tad and turned a blind eye to a weakness I've seen for maybe 6 years now. Or, maybe not a "blind" eye, but a myopic one. He continually stocked the shelf with lower round talent which normally is reserved for once you already have a great O-line.

I mean, look at these selections over the past few years:
-1st round - Justin Harrell
-2nd round - Terrence Murphy
-2nd round - Brandon Jackson
-2nd round - Pat Lee
-2nd round - Brian Brohm

So, you're gonna sit here and tell us that those were "smart" picks at the time? All the trading down TT's done and he couldn't have pulled the trigger on a quality O-lineman? Instead he waits until rounds 4 thru 7 to pull a rabbit outta the hat and when he reached into the sucker, all he found was a skunk.

It's simply a shame that we're having to sit thru a rebuild of a rebuild. Year 5 is the year where Super Bowls should be attainable. And, while it could be done this season, it will be with a makeshift line that probably won't be in tact next season. Then comes the draft in 2010 and then what? Reduce yourself to shooting the moon on a 1st round O-lineman when every GM knows what we need? Or, continue the status quo of an occasional 2nd rounder, but probably a third - with TT's lack of success producing quality O-lineman??? I don't like it. We're in a pickle, men.

I guess what frustrates me most is knowing the explosiveness of our offense even without much of a running game, knowing we're probably going to make the playoffs, but having little confidence whatsoever once there. Sure, getting Tauscher was smart and will certainly help the push, but we really should be beyond that point, at this point.

All I can do is sit back and watch it unfold.

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Wolfe had his share of failure picks as well, BUT he was so good at having a back-up plan, by accumulating all those picks.

A little luck never hurts either.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hauschild...I would agree 100 % with that..

But how is that his way or the highway?

Cuz he doesnt want to use free agency as WE see fit?

I am of the belief that since we are not sure what goes on behind closed doors,one might say how can we be sure he isn't pushing for some free agents and the coaches are saying no? Unlikely maybe, but it is a possibility.

Case in point was the punter situation last year..I am pretty sure it was leaked out that the special teams coach last year wanted Frost in here and wanted Ryan out..So that is what happened..

This year as reported on Packers Rumor: Anthony Smith Will Get Cut Urban Sports Talk & Entertainment

Mike Mc didnt like Anthony Smith and the talk was he would be cut no matter what..People balked at it and said it would be crazy..Well it happened..

Just this past month I posted a link to a insider on the air on espn milwaukee radio stating it was Mike Mc wanted Brett gone and Ted wanted him to stay..

Those are just 3 examples that I am pretty sure given the evidence supports the theroy that Ted listens to his coaches and goes with their choices..

One can say with out a doubt he is the "boss" so why isn't he putting his foot down and saying no to these moves the coaches want>?

But then you can't really say it's his way or the highway..

Given all that is one reason why I hate the EGO argument.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The WOW factor would be there with Rodgers if he had time to let plays develop. People continually say that one man does not make a team, but then they expect Rodgers to always be able to extend plays and make the highlight throw. Rodgers, if given time is on par, possibly better then ANY qb in the league. I give this guy who was supposed to be "Soft" a lot of credit for taking the beating he has and continuing to play. Anyone still think he is soft? This guy is a special player and it is sad that he is not appreciated the way Cutler is in Chicago etc. Rodgers completes the deep ball the Favre threw up for grabs so many times in his great career. If Rodgers had the time that Favre has behind the Vikings O-line he would be putting up ESPN highlights game after game. Right now the guy is just trying to stay upright and win games. I do not think that any qb in the league could do anymore than Rodgers has behind the O-line. The running game is for the most part horrible. The coaches seem to give up on running the ball later in the game and let Rodgers keep doing what had worked (throw the ball). Hey TT, build the guy an O-line and get him a pounding running back and he will deliver a Super Bowl!​

Members online

Latest posts