Trivia

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have the second highest winning percentage among active teams in NFL history ?

OP
OP
NJPackfan..

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's pretty great considering how long they've been around. They've been around 40+ years longer than the team I am presuming is number one (Dallas)

Correct my friend.......Dallas

Dallas 494 367 6 .574
Green Bay 731 553 37 .569
Chicago 744 569 42 .567

OP
OP
NJPackfan..

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true as the Bears played in the NFL a season before the Packers joined the league as well as more games in the early years with there being an unbalanced schedule.

This year ( I hope ) Packers take the lead in the all time head to head vs. Bears ?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that date. I was just going to research that myself. I believe there were times the Bears were ahead by 20 or 25 games ?
Early in the Favre era. Since then they've been Brett's then Aaron's personal whipping boys. Lovie Smith said the first thing he was going to do was beat the Packers. That was his prime objective.

Cardinal Hibernian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be nice as the Packers haven't led in the series since 1932.

Yup, the Packers last led the series after Game 25 on 11th December 1932 - still one game ahead following a 9 v 0 loss at Chicago. The Bears won the next game the following season (24th September 1933) to tie the series and the subsequent one 22nd October 1933 and remained ahead until the Pack tied it back up again on 18th December last year.

During that stretch the Bears were ahead by as many 24 games on two occasions - (Game 82 on 25th September 1960 and Game 144 on 25th October 1992 - by the early mid 1970's the Pack had whittled it back to just 9 games behind but the garbage of most of the 70's and 80's took its toll).

In fact the most games the Packers have been ahead in the series is only 2! Two occasions - after Game 21 on 1st November 1931 and again after Game 24 on 16th October 1932.

So, in terms of the history of the Packers - Bears match ups, this season is significant. Not only can we go ahead in the series but tie our biggest lead over them.

I don't see the Bears making the playoffs and so going 3 games ahead will need to wait for the 2018 season.

Go Pack Go

OP
OP
NJPackfan..

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, the Packers last led the series after Game 25 on 11th December 1932 - still one game ahead following a 9 v 0 loss at Chicago. The Bears won the next game the following season (24th September 1933) to tie the series and the subsequent one 22nd October 1933 and remained ahead until the Pack tied it back up again on 18th December last year.

During that stretch the Bears were ahead by as many 24 games on two occasions - (Game 82 on 25th September 1960 and Game 144 on 25th October 1992 - by the early mid 1970's the Pack had whittled it back to just 9 games behind but the garbage of most of the 70's and 80's took its toll).

In fact the most games the Packers have been ahead in the series is only 2! Two occasions - after Game 21 on 1st November 1931 and again after Game 24 on 16th October 1932.

So, in terms of the history of the Packers - Bears match ups, this season is significant. Not only can we go ahead in the series but tie our biggest lead over them.

I don't see the Bears making the playoffs and so going 3 games ahead will need to wait for the 2018 season.

Go Pack Go

Two games ahead is good enough for me !

OP
OP
NJPackfan..

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another little trivia item is that the Packers are not negative to any NFC team head to head. They however have not done as well against AFC teams. They are negative against....

Bills
Bengals
Colts
Chiefs
Dolphins
Jets
Titans

I would think that most of the loses to these teams came in the mediocre 70's and 80's.

D

Deleted member 6794

Another little trivia item is that the Packers are not negative to any NFC team head to head.

Nice tidbit, the Packers currently have a tied head-to-head record vs. two NFC teams in the Bears and Rams though.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another little trivia item is that the Packers are not negative to any NFC team head to head. They however have not done as well against AFC teams. They are negative against....

Bills
Bengals
Colts
Chiefs
Dolphins
Jets
Titans

I would think that most of the loses to these teams came in the mediocre 70's and 80's.

And, a really small sample size.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck, I'm easy - disregard my funny. "Small" is a relative term, and since we were discussing the Bear/Packers rivalry at nearly 200 games...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Packers and Bears have both beaten the Lions 100+ times. The Giants have the most wins over one team as they have beaten the Redskins 102 times.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Weren`t the Lions championship material back in 1957 ? It was the book by George Plimton "Paper Lion" that introduced me to American Football in the first place.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here's some real trivia for you boys.

what was the first British football(soccer) team to win the european cup, now known as the champions league?

what is the only Scottish team to win two European trophies?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

here's some real trivia for you boys.

what was the first British football(soccer) team to win the european cup, now known as the champions league?

what is the only Scottish team to win two European trophies?

They wont know that.....lol Celtic and Aberdeen(2)