Tramon Williams gave up most yards in NFL history

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet what you want that TT will not cut Tramon Williams in the near future, outside of health.

People pay way too much attention to yardage. I blame ESPN. But then again, ESPN can't think for the people. There's a bunch of factors that led to Tramon getting this "record", a lot of what has already been said in here.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a big part of the blame for it, he does, but yardage is quite frankly the least important stat in all of NFL measurement stats. It's a much more circumstantial than people make it out to be, and it's demonstrative of very little.

I'd rather see what's the average QB rating of throws guarded by him.

He wont cut him but he might start drafting enough corners to challenge his position.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wont cut him but he might start drafting enough corners to challenge his position.
He had a rough year, but nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. He dealt with an injury all season long, and couldn't do what he does best, bump and run, almost all season, because when he got healthy the safeties were leaking constantly and Shields was a complete liability playing bump coverage, seriously limiting Capers.

We'll see how he fares in the playoffs, with everybody healthy, including Pickett, Bishop, Matthews and Woodson.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a theory . . .

I know the Packers employ a stats guy to trend what it takes to win. I have heard several quotes from players that this guy finds the strangest correlations about winning. Perhaps, the Packers have fine tuned their efforts based on some statistical analysis. That we have changed our style of play away from whatever the push was last year to a higher turnover situation. I know it sounds a little far fetched, but then again the Packers are 15-1 with the worst pass defense in the NFL. Who would have every predicted that?

Anyhow, my hope is that Tramon got a little lazy in the offseason with the celebrating and what not. Getting his azs handed to him a few times this season may inspire the professionalism in him to buckle down for next season.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Williams is one guy in the back field everyone expects to do all the work because there is absolutely zero pass rush from the linebackers so in terms, yes that does hurt. You can't expect all your Corners to do all the work the entire game.
I agree with you, Im been saying from the beginnig of the season that missing Jenkins hurt our defense really bad, because we no longer have a pass rush.
But Tramon is playing pretty bad and very selfish going for the big play every time

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the improvements the offense made this year to last the defense declined. What was the difference between this year and last year? Two things (players): Nick Collins and Cullen Jenkins. It has to be that and personal responsibility. This was an UNBELIEVABLE defense last year! Now its an atrocious one???? I can honestly say that the Dline and LBs need TALENT!!! I said it. I love TT, but this has to be a focus. We cannot let these things keep going. Thats why I have already predicted TT will move up in the draft to get a player he loves.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way in hell they cut Williams. The guy can always go back and be a nickel back like I thought he was before last year. And yes Ted has to really focus on the Defense in the draft.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
No way in hell they cut Williams. The guy can always go back and be a nickel back like I thought he was before last year. And yes Ted has to really focus on the Defense in the draft.

I agree with this, 100%.

From the way the defense has performed, if they lose in the playoffs, it is more than likely going to cost Capers his job. I'd hope not. It's partly his fault on one side of the coin, but I like his schemes, he just don't have the talent up front to bring the pressure, and sometimes our guys look lost trying to play against deep ball. I can see TT drafting defensive players early on, that's probably going to be the major focus of this year's draft.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon is having a bit of a down year, but the talk of him being demoted to nickel or even cut is just ridiculous. The first game against the Lions he held Calvin to like 45 yards and a garbage touchdown. He has been dealing with an injury and a lack of pass rush, so let's cut him some slack this year. I fully expect him to bounce back next year if not this post season.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a great pass rush causes way more problems for an offense than a great secondary. I want to draft a backer opposite clay this year in the first round but unfortunately (or fortunately for aaron rodgers) I think we might go for another offensive lineman. (3rd year in a row)

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too snowball off what I just said, the giants stayed competitive all year even with 3 starting secondary players lost to injuries because they had a solid pass rush. If we could get some pressure our secondary would even better. Also, to the person who said in this thread you can't look at stats and then in the same paragraph said that we led the league in interceptions...that is a stat. One reason we give up a ton of yardage is because we are very opportunistic and try and go for a pick every play and when our guy falls down and the receiver catches it and goes for a 40 yard TD.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
One reason we give up a ton of yardage is because we are very opportunistic and try and go for a pick every play and when our guy falls down and the receiver catches it and goes for a 40 yard TD.
If it were that easy, Capers and the assistant coaches would be able to easily fix it. I hope you are exaggerating for effect - of course they don’t go for a pick every play, or even close to every play.

I do get a kick out of draft predictions this early. Brett2520, no offense intended but Thompson and his staff don’t even know all the players that are declaring early for the draft. The all star games haven’t occurred, the combine hasn’t happened; they haven’t attended a single campus workout, or interviewed any of the draft eligible players. They haven’t finalized anything regarding the draft and they aren’t close to doing so. I understand hoping and wishing for a trade up ala Matthews but there’s absolutely nothing to base that prediction upon.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I am saying is he needs to rebound, as all the excuses in the world dont matter if it becomes a habit of him getting eaten alive. On Sunday I had visions of al harris covering plaxico out there.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it were that easy, Capers and the assistant coaches would be able to easily fix it. I hope you are exaggerating for effect - of course they don’t go for a pick every play, or even close to every play.

I do get a kick out of draft predictions this early. Brett2520, no offense intended but Thompson and his staff don’t even know all the players that are declaring early for the draft. The all star games haven’t occurred, the combine hasn’t happened; they haven’t attended a single campus workout, or interviewed any of the draft eligible players. They haven’t finalized anything regarding the draft and they aren’t close to doing so. I understand hoping and wishing for a trade up ala Matthews but there’s absolutely nothing to base that prediction upon.

I was exaggerating but they are very opportunistic, which has its advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes fixing holes is not always as easy as it seems. I think its clear to everyone we need to get more pressure on the QB though!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I am saying is he needs to rebound, as all the excuses in the world dont matter if it becomes a habit of him getting eaten alive. On Sunday I had visions of al harris covering plaxico out there.
Absolutely. It is ridiculous to point out he played well in one game (perhaps ??) when he has sucked the entire season. Yes we need him to play like he did LAST year in the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts