Tramon vs Marshall

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Being that they are our biggest rival....GOOD....let the drama roll on !!!! The on field - off field - locker room - media coverage drama is the best thing for the Bears.....self destruction for them is good for us.

H

HardRightEdge

So 2 catches for 21 yards against Williams is "Quite a few completions"?

I'm not sure where you got your stats from, but I'd see an underneath catch, and wait for the DB to turn to see the number, fulling expecting it to be 37, but it was 38.

I just calls 'em the way I sees 'em. Like I said, he had a good game...2 picks and the QB had 28.2 passer rating. He was not, however, perfect. Nobody expect CBs to throw shutouts, though I think Shields might have come close.

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you got your stats from, but I'd see an underneath catch, and wait for the DB to turn to see the number, fulling expecting it to be 37, but it was 38.

I just calls 'em the way I sees 'em. Like I said, he had a good game...2 picks and the QB had 28.2 passer rating. He was not, however, perfect. Nobody expect CBs to throw shutouts, though I think Shields might have come close.
Profootballfocus.com is where I got the stat from...

You call them the way you see them... I call them the way I read them.

H

HardRightEdge

Why are treating me like a Vikings fan? haha

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/14/refo-bears-packers-week-2/ They say it in here.

Good enough. I believe that stat is wrong.

To give you an indication, Williams made solo tackles on pass completion of 10, 12 and 11 yards according to the ESPN play by play; that should be a strong indication that he was tackling his guy, which he was. There was at least one other...could have been a run out of bounds or tackle by somebody else...don't recall. It just looked to me he was playing soft considering the safety help.

Shields had 60 snaps and no tackles...they didn't throw on him...I can't recall his name being called. It was like the back half of 2010.

I'm not treating you like a Vikings fan...I just take issue with the word "perfect". :whistling:

I'm a little puzzled by PFF's +2.0 rating for Williams...seems it should be higher based on their stats and the 2 INTs and 2 passes defended.

Reaction score
I'm a little puzzled by PFF's +2.0 rating for Williams...seems it should be higher based on their stats and the 2 INTs and 2 passes defended.
True. Cutler only has a -2.5 rating and Webb who was defending Matthews got -3... Matthews got the highest. They must have some intricate system of grading.

H

HardRightEdge

True. Cutler only has a -2.5 rating and Webb who was defending Matthews got -3... Matthews got the highest. They must have some intricate system of grading.

These ratings can be deceiving. I just read a piece at JSOnline on Shields. The writer evidently got the idea from my post a few days ago ;) where I mentioned Shields earned 60 snaps based on his Grade A hit on Gore short of a first down.

This of course followed on my prediction before game 1 that Bush would not be the starter for long, perhaps not past the first half of game 1...which ended up being spot on.

According to this JSOnline piece, the Bears threw against Shields once for an incompletion which is consistent with my observation he was invisible in that game...so it was a shutout as I thought it might be. Granted, Shields had the easier assignment with Jeffrey, but when QBs don't throw on a guy you know he's doing something good. Then again, what kind of grade do you get when statistically it's as though you're not on the field at all...a big fat zero?

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
These ratings can be deceiving. I just read a piece at JSOnline on Shields. The writer evidently got the idea from my post a few days ago ;) where I mentioned Shields earned 60 snaps based on his Grade A hit on Gore short of a first down.

This of course followed on my prediction before game 1 that Bush would not be the starter for long, perhaps not past the first half of game 1...which ended up being spot on.

According to this JSOnline piece, the Bears threw against Shields once for an incompletion which is consistent with my observation he was invisible in that game...so it was a shutout as I thought it might be. Granted, Shields had the easier assignment with Jeffrey, but when QBs don't throw on a guy you know he's doing something good. Then again, what kind of grade do you get when statistically it's as though you're not on the field at all...a big fat zero?

............99% of Packer Nation knew Bush was not the answer at CB.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like Cutler is always going to be a little underrated, especially from us. Say what you want but when he yelled at his lineman he was criticized for it but when Rodgers yelled at Jones nobody saw a problem with it. I get that Cutler was really struggling up to that point but still.

And not all that was his fault. Receivers not coming back for the ball, slow hustle out of breaks and the WORST offensive line I've ever seen.

He's a pretty good quarterback, guys.
The most quoted post of the season so far? lol

A few points have already been made but I have 2 to add.

1. Cutler has had 1 winning season in all of his time in Vanderbilt, Denver, and Chicago. That must be 10+ years.

2. Being a leader is a full time thing. You can't behave like a wimp or jerk one day and expect to have your team mates respect the next. It is the point that he continually throws his players under the bus; that he points fingers when things aren't going his way; and shows little respect for his team mates with crap like throwing them a shoulder.

The only thing similar in the Rodgers and Cutler incidents is they were both angry and yelled. After that and more importantly underlying that - much different.

H

HardRightEdge

............99% of Packer Nation knew Bush was not the answer at CB.

99% is high. Granted, Bush's shortcomings were widely acknowledged, but I can't recall anybody else giving him 1/2 of game 1 to prove up, which is exactly how it worked out.

As for Shields, the cut/bench Shields contingent in these pages outnumbered those recognizing the value of his cover skills.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
99% is high. Granted, Bush's shortcomings were widely acknowledged, but I can't recall anybody else giving him 1/2 of game 1 to prove up, which is exactly how it worked out.

As for Shields, the cut/bench Shields contingent in these pages outnumbered those recognizing the value of his cover skills.
Well the depth chart has Shields listed as the starter

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Marshall apparently pissed at us.

"This is the biggest game of my career.... I heard exactly what Tramon and Woodson said after the game."
"For them to say they do an awesome job shutting down players...I take it as a slap in the face when they have 2, 3 guys on you"
"This is personal."" Tramon Williams, you are on alert.
"This is personal. ...I'm always going to respect my opponent but all that shaking hands stuff isn't going to happen"
"I don't like the Green Bay Packers. I really don't like their players. I'll play this like it's my last game."

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ all that coming from a guy who knows nothing of the rivalry, he is a rivalry noob and talks that ****. what a ****.

I hope he breaks his leg out there this weekend, loud mouth *****.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marshall apparently pissed at us.

"This is the biggest game of my career....
Andre Johnson, before the Sunday night game at New England, called the Texans @ Patriots game "the most important game in the history of the Texans franchise"..... then they went out and got crushed 42-14. Let's hope the same thing happens here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts