Tramon vs Marshall

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tramon may have played the best game of his career tonight. He was simply outstanding covering Marshall tonight. I think he took it personally when the Chicago morons were saying that Marshall would eat up our defense.

Mirroring Marshall wherever he was on the field proved to be a shutdown strategy by Capers (who should NOT be fired). Are we going to see more of that this year?

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from him, because he did play great. But our safeties covered Marshall well over top too.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
He did play outstanding coverage!!! Remember he did have high safety help and that made cutler stop looking in his direction. Surprised that we shut down the entire passing game for them. Main reason: PRESSURE

Reaction score
Williams had perfect coverage every time, plus we had a safety right over the top.... That equalled 0 catches until the fourth quarter... Against Woodson.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny and good point.

Tramon is a really good cornerback. But like most positions, these guys don't operate in a vacuum. They are reliant on their teammates play in order to play well themselves. As mentioned, the improved pass rush and semi-improved play of the safeties made a big difference. However, when it all comes down to it I think that the biggest change came from playing Chicago's O-line, or should we just call it their o-lay line?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If you haven’t heard Cutler’s post game comments they’re worth the time to find ‘em. He takes NO responsibility for anything that happened. As Packers fans we should love that kind of “leadership”. After talking smack because the Bears beat what is likely to be one of the worst teams in the league, he was asked about what he had said (why didn’t he and Marshall dominate) he answered, “2 man”. Meaning the Packers doubled Marshall with a safety over the top. Apparently doubling the opponent’s best WR is a new concept for Jay! In the presser he was pouting like that wasn’t fair. Just incredible. Cutler was blessed with a strong arm but he lacks composure in pressure situations and he compounds that problem by not accepting responsibility when the Cutler led offense stinks it up.

H

HardRightEdge

Williams had perfect coverage every time, plus we had a safety right over the top.... That equalled 0 catches until the fourth quarter... Against Woodson.

Perfect? I would not go that far. There were quite a few completions against Williams underneath. Also, Marshall knocked him down for a wide open TD...that was dropped. Except for the knockdown, he had a good game.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon had an injured shoulder last year and is finally healed up. Williams thrives in man-to-man press coverage. This is exactly how he should be used each week. He played a great game last night.

Deebs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't believe that Marshall didn't have even one catch until the 4th quarter. And when he finally did catch some, it was what? 2 grabs for like 20 yards. That's unreal.

MLB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you haven’t heard Cutler’s post game comments they’re worth the time to find ‘em. He takes NO responsibility for anything that happened. As Packers fans we should love that kind of “leadership”. After talking smack because the Bears beat what is likely to be one of the worst teams in the league, he was asked about what he had said (why didn’t he and Marshall dominate) he answered, “2 man”. Meaning the Packers doubled Marshall with a safety over the top. Apparently doubling the opponent’s best WR is a new concept for Jay! In the presser he was pouting like that wasn’t fair. Just incredible. Cutler was blessed with a strong arm but he lacks composure in pressure situations and he compounds that problem by not accepting responsibility when the Cutler led offense stinks it up.

I understand and agree, but there's more to Jay Cutler, isn't there?

- - Here's a guy who was considered to be "a cancer in the clubhouse" and was essentially run-out of Denver. (And -- fortunately for us -- the Bears, despite it being an obvious "Buyer's Market" -- nonetheless gave up their own starting quarterback AND TWO FIRST-ROUND DRAFT CHOICES to get him!)

-- Here's a guy who has absolutely terrible "mechanics" for a quarterback .... very often throwing off his back foot just to show-off his arm strength. Yes, he has a cannon, but he doesn't understand, or doesn't care about, the proper basics involved in best throwing a football. And, with his mind-set, I doubt any coach can change his delivery.

-- Here's a guy who has absolutely no clue what it means to be an NFL starting quarterback. No clue ... NONE. A true "Leader" will publicly accept blame, warranted or not, in order to "protect his teammates." If problems exist, they are dealt with privately, within the private team structure. Not so with Jay Cutler, however. As recently as the Thursday night post-game media session, he deflected questions regarding his own poor perfotmance, and essentially threw teammates "under the bus." Leader? Jay Cutler has no "class" and he couldn't lead water through a pipe.

-- Here's a guy who constantly frustrates Bears' fans with his on-field and sideline demeanor. He pouts in front of the camera. He animatedly criticizes his teammates publicly, on-camera and in huddle. How can any Bears' player respect this guy?

Finally ...

-- HERE'S THE GUY who quit on his team a few years back when the Chicago Bears hosted the Green Bay Packers for the "NFL Championship." Here was Cutler's opportunity ... before a home-field crowd and a world-wide TV audience watching both the greatest and oldest rivalry in the NFL-- to prove the Bears management had, indeed, made the "right decision" in trading for him. Instead, Cutler supposedly hurt his knee ... went to the sideline ... and watched the remainder of the game ... while sitting on the bench alone ... and wearing ear buds. In a similar situation, so many other NFL QBs would have fought and argued to remain on the field in that historic game (for example, a "Starr" ... a "Favre" ... a "Rodgers") ... but not Jay Cutler. He didn't even think to stand on the sideline for the remainder of the game, cheering-on his teammates. He just went to the bench and replaced his helmet with iPod earbuds.

This guy is no leader, and is a lousy teammate; to consider him a true NFL quarterback is to truly insult the position.

And I am ECSTATIC that he starts for the Chicago Bears; I hope he stays there another 10 years!

(Sorry for the long post.)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Perfect? I would not go that far. There were quite a few completions against Williams underneath. Also, Marshall knocked him down for a wide open TD...that was dropped. Except for the knockdown, he had a good game.

Hardly knocked him down, more of a slip

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand and agree, but there's more to Jay Cutler, isn't there?

- - Here's a guy who was considered to be "a cancer in the clubhouse" and was essentially run-out of Denver. (And -- fortunately for us -- the Bears, despite it being an obvious "Buyer's Market" -- nonetheless gave up their own starting quarterback AND TWO FIRST-ROUND DRAFT CHOICES to get him!)

-- Here's a guy who has absolutely terrible "mechanics" for a quarterback .... very often throwing off his back foot just to show-off his arm strength. Yes, he has a cannon, but he doesn't understand, or doesn't care about, the proper basics involved in best throwing a football. And, with his mind-set, I doubt any coach can change his delivery.

-- Here's a guy who has absolutely no clue what it means to be an NFL starting quarterback. No clue ... NONE. A true "Leader" will publicly accept blame, warranted or not, in order to "protect his teammates." If problems exist, they are dealt with privately, within the private team structure. Not so with Jay Cutler, however. As recently as the Thursday night post-game media session, he deflected questions regarding his own poor perfotmance, and essentially threw teammates "under the bus." Leader? Jay Cutler has no "class" and he couldn't lead water through a pipe.

-- Here's a guy who constantly frustrates Bears' fans with his on-field and sideline demeanor. He pouts in front of the camera. He animatedly criticizes his teammates publicly, on-camera and in huddle. How can any Bears' player respect this guy?

Finally ...

-- HERE'S THE GUY who quit on his team a few years back when the Chicago Bears hosted the Green Bay Packers for the "NFL Championship." Here was Cutler's opportunity ... before a home-field crowd and a world-wide TV audience watching both the greatest and oldest rivalry in the NFL-- to prove the Bears management had, indeed, made the "right decision" in trading for him. Instead, Cutler supposedly hurt his knee ... went to the sideline ... and watched the remainder of the game ... while sitting on the bench alone ... and wearing ear buds. In a similar situation, so many other NFL QBs would have fought and argued to remain on the field in that historic game (for example, a "Starr" ... a "Favre" ... a "Rodgers") ... but not Jay Cutler. He didn't even think to stand on the sideline for the remainder of the game, cheering-on his teammates. He just went to the bench and replaced his helmet with iPod earbuds.

This guy is no leader, and is a lousy teammate; to consider him a true NFL quarterback is to truly insult the position.

And I am ECSTATIC that he starts for the Chicago Bears; I hope he stays there another 10 years!

(Sorry for the long post.)
He was actually seriously injured that game though.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like Cutler is always going to be a little underrated, especially from us. Say what you want but when he yelled at his lineman he was criticized for it but when Rodgers yelled at Jones nobody saw a problem with it. I get that Cutler was really struggling up to that point but still.

And not all that was his fault. Receivers not coming back for the ball, slow hustle out of breaks and the WORST offensive line I've ever seen.

He's a pretty good quarterback, guys.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like Cutler is always going to be a little underrated, especially from us. Say what you want but when he yelled at his lineman he was criticized for it but when Rodgers yelled at Jones nobody saw a problem with it. I get that Cutler was really struggling up to that point but still.

And not all that was his fault. Receivers not coming back for the ball, slow hustle out of breaks and the WORST offensive line I've ever seen.

Actually Homer on ESPN 540 in Milwaukee called it "bush-league" for yelling at Jones like he did. And I agree with him. Jones made a mental error that lead to a INT, BUT Rodgers shouldn't have thrown it, if he had gone through his progressions like he should have, he wouldn't have thrown it to Jones, but someone else or ran.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon played exceptionally well but it really helps an individual player look good when the defense as a whole is firing on all 8 cylinders. They were outstanding but yes, Tramon was a standout.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Cutler BUMPED his lineman...That is uncalled for.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
‎"Good luck," Cutler said to his future tormentors. "Our speed guys are going to get around them and our big guys are going to throw and go ... We invite press coverage. We invite man. And if we get in that type of game, our guys outside have to make some plays for us."

"I don't think we were doing anything to him," Tramon Williams said to reporters after the game. "We were just having 'good luck' out there..."

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He was actually seriously injured that game though.
His body or just his pride? I'm being serious.
I feel like Cutler is always going to be a little underrated, especially from us
There is a difference between underrated and underperforming.
Say what you want but when he yelled at his lineman he was criticized for it but when Rodgers yelled at Jones nobody saw a problem with it. I get that Cutler was really struggling up to that point but still.
As was already said he bumped his lineman, which is uncalled for, but also, there is a HUGE difference between calling out a reciever and calling out a lineman, especially one on your blind side. Namely a neck brace.
When he wants to be. He is still the same Cutler that was run out of Denver. In favor of Tim Tebow. His production was inconsistent at best and, as was also pointed out, he killed that locker room. He needs to get over himself.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

Shawnsta! I'm not underrating Cutler. He's his own worst enemy. It's not just me, many Bears fans dislike him too. As for the problems he faced from our D, well that's part of the NFL backyard isn't it? Other QBs face the same pressure, same lazy receivers and dropped balls. The difference is that Cutler is a pouty little baby.
Cutler struggled ALOT and that is why they were dancing in the streets in Denver when the Bears foolishly gave up the bank for him.
I don't have a problem with a QB getting loud or emotional during the game. It's just easier to slam on Cutler for any reason at all. I think we can all be harsh on co-workers when the pressure is on and they let us down.
He's a pretty good QB.... for the Bears Shawnsta. He's not ready for primetime!
I relish the fact that he's playing in the NFL and playing for the Bears. I just wish they'd trade a bunch more picks and another player for Tebow.
I think the only way the Bears will ever see a trophy with Cutler is if he grows a chin and that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His body or just his pride? I'm being serious.
There is a difference between underrated and underperforming.

As was already said he bumped his lineman, which is uncalled for, but also, there is a HUGE difference between calling out a reciever and calling out a lineman, especially one on your blind side. Namely a neck brace.

When he wants to be. He is still the same Cutler that was run out of Denver. In favor of Tim Tebow. His production was inconsistent at best and, as was also pointed out, he killed that locker room. He needs to get over himself.
He had a sprained mcl.

A bump? Heck, if I was Jay Cutler after the past few years I would have more than bumped him. Say what you want that the lineman don't want to block for Cutler, but that's their job and if they don't do it they'll find themselves on the street.

Not sure if people in Denver were really in favor of that at the time though. It was more or less McDaniels decision who not to much later got fired. Also Tim Tebow didn't start until the end of the year that year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
A bump? Heck, if I was Jay Cutler after the past few years I would have more than bumped him. Say what you want that the lineman don't want to block for Cutler, but that's their job and if they don't do it they'll find themselves on the street.
If I were Cutler I would have lobbied to have Webb replaced a long time ago, the right way. Say what you want, but the o line is a brotherhood, they stick together, and you don't mess with them in front of the cameras. you deal in private
Not sure if people in Denver were really in favor of that at the time though. It was more or less McDaniels decision who not too much later got fired. Also Tim Tebow didn't start until the end of the year that year.
Right, he got run out for Kyle Orton, the guy who got benched for Tebow, and subsequently traded. I think my point still stands. McDaniels got tossed because John Fox is a genius.

Members online

Latest posts