Trade Scenario

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well first of all, you look foolish because you clearly can't quote a post properly.

Second, in what universe would it be smart for the Packers to waste a 2nd round pick on Garoppolo, when Aaron Rodgers has a minimum of 4 prime years left? It was never going to happen from the beginning. I am as big a critic of the moves this organization makes as anyone, but it was totally nonsensical to waste a pick on a player who would play 8 games for you.

You were wrong bro, just admit it and get over it.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering you suggested the Packers trade for him and the 49ers did, you were wrong also...

I suggested they should...not that they were going to do so. Two different things. I also suggested for a 2nd rd pick which is exactly what he was traded for.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suggested they should...not that they were going to do so. Two different things. I also suggested for a 2nd rd pick which is exactly what he was traded for.

Still don't see how another team making the trade makes you correct.

Plus, should probably see if he even does well there before gloating about your suggestion. The 49ers clearly have not done well with player evaluation in recent years.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You were wrong bro, just admit it and get over it.
LOL. I admitted that I was wrong? I was the first one to come in here and post about the trade. Why would I do that if I was worried about admitting whether or not I was wrong?

Just because I was wrong doesn't mean that I agree with the Patriots decision. I don't like it for them. Now, could they have something up their sleeve? Perhaps. But I'm telling you. If Brady shows even the slightest bit of decline down the stretch of another long NFL season, including a deep playoff run, the Patriots are going to be wishing they had Jimmy G back.

Kudos to them for showing the ultimate confidence in Brady and betting on a 40+ year old body. I just wouldn't have done it.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. I admitted that I was wrong? I was the first one to come in here and post about the trade. Why would I do that if I was worried about admitting whether or not I was wrong?

Just because I was wrong doesn't mean that I agree with the Patriots decision. I don't like it for them. Now, could they have something up their sleeve? Perhaps. But I'm telling you. If Brady shows even the slightest bit of decline down the stretch of another long NFL season, including a deep playoff run, the Patriots are going to be wishing they had Jimmy G back.

Kudos to them for showing the ultimate confidence in Brady and betting on a 40+ year old body. I just wouldn't have done it.

Ok buddy.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still don't see how another team making the trade makes you correct.

Plus, should probably see if he even does well there before gloating about your suggestion. The 49ers clearly have not done well with player evaluation in recent years.

Let's try this again...I said that Jimmy G could be traded, because he's leaving anyways ...and the Patriots won't get anything for him if they don't deal him...could probably be had for a 2nd round pick...guess what? The guy was traded!! And for a 2nd round pick!!! What else is there for you to understand man smh good grief

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So apparently they're open to trading Malcolm Butler. With having to pay Adams next year do you think it'd be a good idea to trade a WR to the Pats for him? They're pretty shallow at WR and I don't think our CB's could get any worse, although I think it's scheme more than anything.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Although the Packers may end up with a higher draft position than in past years, even had they tried to trade with the Patriots for JG, the 49'ers 2nd round pick would have been viewed as a lot more value for the Patriots.

This is a Bill Belichick type move, not a Ted Thompson one. Patriots lock in a higher pick, instead of waiting for ultimately would have been a lower compensatory pick.

Sounds like BB's contingency plan for the Patriots #2 QB is Brian Hoyer, who was coincidentally released by the 49ers today.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So apparently they're open to trading Malcolm Butler. With having to pay Adams next year do you think it'd be a good idea to trade a WR to the Pats for him? They're pretty shallow at WR and I don't think our CB's could get any worse, although I think it's scheme more than anything.

The defense is bad but the offense without Rodgers is worse . I simply wouldn't trade Adams because Hundley doesn't have the skill set to make average WRs perform at a high level like Rodgers. Had Rodgers been healthy I'd say do it....but st this point we need all the weapons on offense we can get Or keep.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense is bad but the offense without Rodgers is worse . I simply wouldn't trade Adams because Hundley doesn't have the skill set to make average WRs perform at a high level like Rodgers. Had Rodgers been healthy I'd say do it....but st this point we need all the weapons on offense we can get Or keep.

I was thinking more Cobb. He hasn't produced much the last two years. Would be nice to free that up for Adams. Just an idea. I like Cobb but something has to be done.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodell, I gave your post a like... simply because I agreed with those that said the Patriots would never trade Garapolo. That being said, I would never advocate the Packers trading away a 2nd round pick for him. Also keep in mind the Pats would probably have wanted more from the Packers than just a second. Consider that from the Pats point of view giving the Packers Garapolo would probably give the Packers a legit shot at the playoffs especially if Rodgers makes it back. That would make that Packers 2nd rounder significantly less valuable than what he is likely to accomplish for the Niners.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking more Cobb. He hasn't produced much the last two years. Would be nice to free that up for Adams. Just an idea. I like Cobb but something has to be done.
God please no, then I would have to watch Cobb become the greatest slot receiver ever under the coaching of Bb.

H

HardRightEdge

WOW! The Patriots now have no QBs other than Brady on the roster including the practice squad. This coming weekend is a bye and they don't play again until Nov. 12.
Belichick is smart enough to know that without Brady they will not be going to a Super Bowl and he doesn't much care about anything else. Imagine that.

He'll find a backup, of course. I predict a trade with New Orleans for Taysom Hill. ;) Speaking of whom, I think the Packers would have had a better shot at surprising some teams with the chaos Hill could bring if they could have gotten him to be a little less careless with some of his throws.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Belichick is smart enough to know that without Brady they will not be going to a Super Bowl and he doesn't much care about anything else. Imagine that.

He'll find a backup, of course. I predict a trade with New Orleans for Taysom Hill. ;) Speaking of whom, I think the Packers would have had a better shot at surprising some teams with the chaos Hill could bring if they could have gotten him to be a little less careless with some of his throws.
I predict they will sign Hoyer.

H

HardRightEdge

I predict they will sign Hoyer.
Could be. I don't pay much attention to what goes on with rosters other than the Packers' and from that perspective following trade rumors and free agent signings is a waste of time. What I know about other teams is what I glean from watching games.

I was joking about Hill going to NE. I was not joking about the other part.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I guess we won't really know if BB made the right move, unless Hoyer is forced to play. But yet another move by BB, showing he has a big pair. How many GM's are confident enough to trade away a pretty decent #2 QB during a successful season, with no other QB on the roster?
I saw a really interesting report today that this was actually a Bob Kraft move. Bill had no intention of trading away Jimmy Garrapolo and actually intended on looking into the possibility of seeing the market for Brady at the end of this season. To ensure that Brady retires a Patriot, Bob Kraft made this move without consulting Bellichick. Of course you cannot always believe what you hear, but it is actually something that makes some sort of sense to me. I could not understand why they would wait until the last day of the trade deadline to make this deal, instead of the end of last season or preseason when they still had Jacoby Brissett. Now, should Brady get blown up by Von Miller next week and break his collar bone, they are in more trouble than even the Packers are. Especially considering if Brady sustains a serious injury, it could be a career ended. JG was their Aaron Rodgers in 2007 patiently waiting to take the reigns. I think this was a huge mistake, and BB does not often make mistakes. Which is why, I would not be surprised if Ryan Burr and Zach Cox's story is true. Bob Kraft knows nothing about football management. He knows how to run a business. His allegiance is with TB12, and so is his brand. Just an interesting story to keep in mind moving forward. Is there turmoil in New England?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is turmoil in NE, it probably just means another Super Bowl is coming their way.

Latest posts