Trade Scenario

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garapalo < :poop:

Let's bring in romo. No bull.
He would love nothing more than to come off the bench and win Wisconsin a Superbowl, I bet. Get his ring.

It's not like they wouldn't let him come back and announce games next year.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Garapalo < :poop:

Let's bring in romo. No bull.
He would love nothing more than to come off the bench and win Wisconsin a Superbowl, I bet. Get his ring.

It's not like they wouldn't let him come back and announce games next year.

Thompson would never do it.

Plus MM has 3 years invested in BH. :laugh:

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys think of trading for Jimmy Goropollo? I hear the Pats were actually interested in 2nd rd pick for him during the off season. We're currently 4-3, so we're very much still alive for the playoffs and division.. but not if they keep losing winnable games. It would be a rental with Goropollo until yrs end...but he's as good as gone after this season in New England as well, so I'm sure they'd take offers for anything they can probably get for him vs him just leaving for nothing. He hasn't played a lot but from what I've seen he's clearly better than both Hundley and Callahan. He's also a mobile guy with a much better throwing arm than both as well.

I think if this team can at least be 6-6 by the time Rodgers starts throwing again, there's a possibility that he can come back and get us into the playoffs..but they have to be at least 500. or better.
I doubt the Pats would trade him mid season.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay ain't making any moves like that.. only way Green Bay gets someone would be if hundley got hurt and it wouldn't be anything to get excited about if hundley goes down we are screwed even more. Like coach said they invested 3 years in hundley they are bankin on him to win games but this is the perfect scenario for Thompson to showcase hundley if he can win some games then he is gonna get a return on hundley after this year they have the mentality of hundley is our best chance to win cuz he knows the system which is true but they are banking on him playing well to get a return on him as long as hundley isn't hurt I bet my bottom dollar he starts the whole way regardless if they win games... and I like his attitude let the kid play have fun if he wins great but we aren't going anywhere without Rodgers anyways... let's get something out of him... I'm a packers fan not just a Aaron Rodgers fan..... go pack go!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

They would have to find a backup QB before they could even contemplate trading him, since they have no other QB's on the roster, PS or IR other than him and Brady. I don't see a team in the hunt for the Super Bowl trading away their only insurance policy on an "old" QB like Brady. Hell, even if Brady was 28, they wouldn't trade their only other QB. Also, unlike the Packers, if the Patriots lose their starting QB, Garoppolo probably comes in and continues guiding the teams to wins.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys think of trading for Jimmy Goropollo? I hear the Pats were actually interested in 2nd rd pick for him during the off season. We're currently 4-3, so we're very much still alive for the playoffs and division.. but not if they keep losing winnable games. It would be a rental with Goropollo until yrs end...but he's as good as gone after this season in New England as well, so I'm sure they'd take offers for anything they can probably get for him vs him just leaving for nothing. He hasn't played a lot but from what I've seen he's clearly better than both Hundley and Callahan. He's also a mobile guy with a much better throwing arm than both as well.

I think if this team can at least be 6-6 by the time Rodgers starts throwing again, there's a possibility that he can come back and get us into the playoffs..but they have to be at least 500. or better.

Wasn't Hundley worth a second rounder this off season as well. According to some fans he was.

In answer to your question I say no. IF there was a guarantee that Rodgers could come back and IF there was a guarantee JG could keep us in it until he did I might think differently but with those two uncertainties I'm inclined to say no. Perhaps the release of Barclay rather than returning him from IR bodes well that the Packers are hoping that AR is able to come back. Didn't he miss 6 weeks when it was hi non throwing shoulder?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Echoing what others have said, Brady is one hit away at 40+ years of age of being done.

They're not trading Garoppolo.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol who puts the franchise tag on a backup QB?

It doesn't seem to make sense given the franchise tag for a QB next year will be around 22 million but I've seen it mentioned by several writers as a possibility. Maybe Tom Terrific will give back all his money again and play for a dollar.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of trade ideas being floated on various sites. read one this morning that had GB trading for......Eli Manning.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of trade ideas being floated on various sites. read one this morning that had GB trading for......Eli Manning.

Saw that about a week ago. That'd be really interesting haha. He does seem to do well at Lambeau field as well as against the Patriots.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I saw him last year in the playoffs at Lambeau, he did not do well. I was happy he played for the Giants.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, he's in serious decline.
He is, and I don't think he was ever all that good to begin with. Maybe Matt Stafford level with a serious defense and crazy catches by some WR's at pivotal times, along with a super star brother and father made his name last as long as it did.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He is, and I don't think he was ever all that good to begin with. Maybe Matt Stafford level with a serious defense and crazy catches by some WR's at pivotal times, along with a super star brother and father made his name last as long as it did.

But yet has more rings then Rodgers. Just antoher fact that points to the epic failure of this front office.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Patriots are trading Jimmy Garoppolo to the 49ers for a 2nd round pick.

I'm shocked. I just really don't like this trade for the Patriots. They will be sorry if Brady takes one wrong hit. Betting everything on a 40+ year old quarterback just isn't very intelligent, IMHO.

Great trade for the 9ers.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm shocked. I just really don't like this trade for the Patriots. They will be sorry if Brady takes one wrong hit. Betting everything on a 40+ year old quarterback just isn't very intelligent, IMHO.

Great trade for the 9ers.

Great trade for the 9ers.[/QUOTE

Yea alll you guys who think you know football eat crow!!! When I posted this thread Yao guy's gave me a hard freaking time!!! This just shows how much the Packers don't want to win!!! Now who looks foolish!!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Well first of all, you look foolish because you clearly can't quote a post properly.

Second, in what universe would it be smart for the Packers to waste a 2nd round pick on Garoppolo, when Aaron Rodgers has a minimum of 4 prime years left? It was never going to happen from the beginning. I am as big a critic of the moves this organization makes as anyone, but it was totally nonsensical to waste a pick on a player who would play 8 games for you.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
WOW! The Patriots now have no QBs other than Brady on the roster including the practice squad. This coming weekend is a bye and they don't play again until Nov. 12.

Members online

Latest posts