Trade idea: Fred Davis

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/392388149185228800

"Redskins are trying to trade TE Fred Davis, per league source."

I'm not normally one to throw out trade proposals, and I know this wouldn't be a typical TT move, but is it worth consideration? The Redskins have completely moved on from Fred Davis. He's still relatively young at 27. At one time he was considered one of the ascending TE's in the NFL.

He wouldn't cost much at all. A conditional late round pick. Just an avenue worth considering if Finley misses extended time now. If any QB could resurrect his career, it would be Rodgers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How would he be different at this point than Quarless? If Washington has moved on ... Not now maybe in the off-season to get an extended trial look.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love for them to snag Greg Olson but Carolina probably thinks they are still in it and TT will never make a trade.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to do something.
Tony Scheffler in Detroit is still good, and he's their 3rd guy now. I'd love LOVE him.

Teddy won't trade draft picks though..... we're pretty much screwed now at TE though as all these other guys at TE are garbage.... just guys.

Where's the kid from Arkansas we drafted about 2, 3 years ago and he was expected to be a good receiving TE? DJ Williams? Bring him back even though he was a failure, because at least he (should) know the system.
Did anyone else claim him ever?

ARodsBelt12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to do something.
Tony Scheffler in Detroit is still good, and he's their 3rd guy now. I'd love LOVE him.

Teddy won't trade draft picks though..... we're pretty much screwed now at TE though as all these other guys at TE are garbage.... just guys.

Where's the kid from Arkansas we drafted about 2, 3 years ago and he was expected to be a good receiving TE? DJ Williams? Bring him back even though he was a failure, because at least he (should) know the system.
Did anyone else claim him ever?
He's in Jacksonville, who'd we have at TE when we won a SB? Oh yea....

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about this Chris Harper cat they just signed? Is he still around after the weekend? He is a WR TE tweener.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DJ Williams is on the Jaguars now.

TT did trade a 6th for Grant, which is probably the ceiling of what it would cost for Davis. He should have a few comp picks coming his way next year, so I would think he would at least be open to the idea of a pick for player trade again.

Davis is a much better pass catching TE than Quarless, at least if you assume 2011 was Davis' ceiling and Quarless has really yet to establish one. I am okay with continuing with our current TE corps if they determine it to be the best course of action, but I guess I have a lack of faith in them at the moment. I haven't seen much from Quarless other than a respectable blocking TE, and Bostick still seems awfully raw.

While we don't necessarily need to do this to field a contender, just because we won a Super Bowl without a good TE isn't a reason not to always look at avenues of improvement.

ARodsBelt12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're a different team this year, Finley was a HUGE component in our game plan in the 2010 season until he got hurt. We made some changes and the WR were relied on much more. This years team can run the ball, something it hasn't done in a long time and our D has played lights out, also look at what Boykin did in his first game, Jones will be back soon and Cobb should be back for a playoff run. We also have no idea how long Finley will be out, he may or may not be able to play this season but I hardly think we need to jump the gun. TT is going to do what he has always done, and MM is going to make sure he puts the players in a position to succeed. I never understand these types of overreactions year in and year out.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Why bother with Davis when we have Bostick? They're essentially the same guy.
I would love for them to snag Greg Olson but Carolina probably thinks they are still in it and TT will never make a trade.
Lock up the thread, we're done here.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
What ever happened to Jake Ballard? Anyone know? He has the size we could use for match up purposes. If I remember right, he was like 6'6" and 260Lbs- ish.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Skins are using a rookie te for a reason

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...test-buzz-speculation-surrounding-redskins-te

Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis has apparently become expendable.

That's the latest from Pro Football Talk's Twitter account, which claimed on Monday that the former USC standout was officially on the trading block:

The emergence of rookie Jordan Reed likely has a lot to do with Davis' availability.

The team's official Twitter account celebrated the former Florida product's stellar output with this post:

By comparison, Davis has just three receptions for 25 yards in 2013. He hasn't recorded a stat since Week 2 against the Green Bay Packers.

The writing might have been on the wall even before Reed's big day. Per 106.7 The Fan in Washington, Davis was also a healthy scratch in the Redskins' 45-41 win over the Bears on Sunday

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do we have two threads on Davis??

As you are making a thread it will tell you when there are similar ones..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're a different team this year, Finley was a HUGE component in our game plan in the 2010 season until he got hurt. We made some changes and the WR were relied on much more. This years team can run the ball, something it hasn't done in a long time and our D has played lights out, also look at what Boykin did in his first game, Jones will be back soon and Cobb should be back for a playoff run. We also have no idea how long Finley will be out, he may or may not be able to play this season but I hardly think we need to jump the gun. TT is going to do what he has always done, and MM is going to make sure he puts the players in a position to succeed. I never understand these types of overreactions year in and year out.

How is throwing out a suggestion of a guy who had a Pro Bowl quality type season 2 years ago as a TE and would cost virtually nothing an "overreaction"? Its called "kicking the tires."

It's not like I suggested we try to unload the farm for Jimmy Graham.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really didn't like getting rid of Crabtree but I have no clue money wise what he was costing...serviceable guy in all areas, decent hands, decent ST skills, decent blocking.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasnt making much at all from what I remember.

I mean don't get me wrong I understood it, and I see the upside in Stoneburner and Quarless back and you can't predict Finley going down but I liked Crabtree's grit plain and simple for sure.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I mean don't get me wrong I understood it, and I see the upside in Stoneburner and Quarless back and you can't predict Finley going down but I liked Crabtree's grit plain and simple for sure.

agree!!! Im sure some stat monkey will correct me, but I cant personally recall crabtree ever ******** up? Granted his touches were limited, but when he did get the ball he made **** happen!!

Members online

Latest posts