• Yes

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 78.2%

• Total voters

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lancaster and Adams have been playing well. Our DL depth is not slop. Keke looks like the future starter.
Keke has been getting better every week and if you ask me has been kind of a bright spot this year. Lancaster had a bad first wee, maybe 2, but has since been very solid. Adams started like crap, surprised he was even still on the team. Just getting blown off the ball. These past 2 games, he's been playing really pretty well. I don't quite believe it myself. But here is, impressing me 2 weeks in a row. our DL play has steadily improved all year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Keke has been getting better every week and if you ask me has been kind of a bright spot this year. Lancaster had a bad first wee, maybe 2, but has since been very solid. Adams started like crap, surprised he was even still on the team. Just getting blown off the ball. These past 2 games, he's been playing really pretty well. I don't quite believe it myself. But here is, impressing me 2 weeks in a row. our DL play has steadily improved all year.

The run defense has been pretty strong. Adams isn't offering much as a pass rusher, but he's held up in the running game.

Keke was a high ceiling draft pick. He's a really good athlete. Texas AM asked him to play out of position because they didn't have any edge talent. So he was a 3T interior DL playing at DE. Moving inside in the pro's seems to be unlocking him. I think he will supplant Lowry by the end of the year and moving forward.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't oppose signing Poe and then moving Lowry even if just a 7th in return.

King is a savvy move as we are accustom to playing without him and Jackson is playing his best ball presently....King could get serious looks due to young, cheap and chance to resign.

Turner is also a solid option.

Bahk I would hate but alse understand it could garner the MOST in return

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we trade for fuller I'm fairly certain other moves will have to be completed, dude is not cheap.

Reaction score
According to the people who watch film, he’s been awful this year.

EDIT: This in regards to Dontari Poe.

Watching anyone on film from Cowboys is awful lol. Mike Nolan's def scheme sucks, he was hired purely on nepotism, and McCarthy himself cushied up to Jerry for the HC. I wouldnt rate players out of cowboys based on their results or combined effort. And He is on a veterans minimum contract, we dont have to pay him anything, literally change money. Cowboys owe him 4 million. So he can be a supporting cast for Clark, thats my opinion of him. :)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If we trade for fuller I'm fairly certain other moves will have to be completed, dude is not cheap.

I would guess we'd have to send a contract back to them in the deal. Or someone will have to restructure to make a little more room.

I believe the amount of cap space that Fuller would eat with the remainder of his contract in 2020 almost exactly equals the amount of space that GB currently has left.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading Turner or Bakh when we don’t have an adequate replacement on the roster seems awful short sighted to me, especially if we’re chasing a Super Bowl.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a trade scenario that can only be hypothesized:

We dont know how special Jordan Love is, maybe he is the next Mahomes, or maybe/maybe not he is the next rodgers we find out in 2-3 years. We didnt address WR or ILB Patrick Queen was available in draft when we picked.

Cowboys are having a fire sale: oh and btw their QB room has the dude who was a clerk at car wash last week (joking).
Send Jordan Love and a future late round pick, to Mike Mccarthy and Cowboys, Get Gallup, and Demarcus Lawrence/Dontari Poe/Everson Griffin or a combination on defense in return.

Wouldn't MM rather have a QB that knows his offense? Doesn't look like it has changed much. We have such a guy. If Love is ready and is the future, get some value for Boyle. His only action is he takes the knee in most of the victory formation snaps.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't MM rather have a QB that knows his offense? Doesn't look like it has changed much. We have such a guy. If Love is ready and is the future, get some value for Boyle. His only action is he takes the knee in most of the victory formation snaps.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We'd be lucky to get a pack of tube socks for Boyle.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is that? I'd say any of them would be moved. You don't necessarily want to build around Fuller, who to me is about as good a boom/bust WR2 as there is in the league (with a very significant injury history - maybe send a 3rd or 4th). Stills has done well in the past, but he's another guy they won't build around so a good trade candidate. Same with Cobb.... Any of them to me would be good trade targets. Obviously, Cobb wasn't re-signed, Gutey doesn't really go back to the wheelhouse on guys who've left the team.

Yeah apparently they made an offer for Fuller, be really interesting to know what it was...I'm not sure a 3rd or 4th gets it done I'm pretty sure from the Texans perspective they can keep him and recoup a 3rd round compensatory pick. Granted that would be in 2022 which kinda makes it a 2020 4th round pick. Id say they'd do it for a 2nd for sure. He's 26 years old and you're gonna have to pay him in neighborhood of 10/14 million per, idk I don't think I do it. He's been injured a lot, I think I'd rather draft a guy in 2nd instead

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The news that the Packers are checking in on Will Fuller has me pretty excited. I am still a little skeptical that Houston will move him, but we have now heard that they were in on Ertz and now Fuller. To me, this indicates that they feel they can do a little bit more, cap-wise, than what I've assumed.

Well yeah because I can't imagine they would trade for him as a rental, unless that's what they did...made a rental offer for him, like a 5th rounder or something absurd

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you all haven't had a chance to read it, Silverstein posted a good article about why the Packers may be wise to be sellers before the trade deadline: https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...ake-sense-sellers-before-deadline/3752224001/

Before a bunch of you get your ******* twisted, it may sound counter-intuitive but his main point is that we're going to have to let a few guys go in the offseason to afford our UFAs. Dumping one or two at the deadline would clear up cap space that could be carried into next year, and potentially get a draft pick or WR in return.

The problem to me is, say you trade kevin king, you have to do it for more than a 3rd round pick. I'm not sure anyone would trade a 2nd for him. But I am fairly certain someone is going to overpay for him in free agency.

And then no matter what you think of Josh jackson and I think he's been pretty good in place of king, king is without a doubt the much better player right now. If you have super bowl aspirations I think you have to keep king for playoffs. Although I think you let him leave in free agency and give josh jackson first crack at replacing him in 2021.

Dean lowry or even billy turner I would trade. The article said they could get a 3rd round pick for turner right now if that's true do it....he's a possible cap cut after the season anyways. And Wagner isn't much of a drop off in the right side. If you can get anything for lowry go ahead but don't think you can. He's a definite cut after season and Keke would more than replace him in the starting lineup

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, the more I think on stuff the more I wonder if perhaps a TE move would suit GB even more than say pulling Fuller - which don't get me wrong I would LOVE to pull off, but that is a massive swing.

Hayden Hurst from Atlanta has me intrigued. I personally believe ATL is gonna tear this thing down and rebuild. I hate to see that happen to Ryan towards the end of his good years left, but if any organization needs a reboot it is them. They are for sure sellers and Hayden Hurst is a SOLID TE that is consistent and typically healthy. We know MLF system utilizes TEs more than most - Deguara hurt, Big Dawg is a situational type guy and Tonyan is really light years ahead of Stern. Given his low cost and a past 1st rounder, I fear GB would have to give up a 3rd most likely, I personally don't have an issue with him. His immediate cost is low, have him for 2021 minimum maybe 2022 if 5th year picked up (if I understand that all right).

While I would love to see a Fuller or Julio walk through our doors - I think realistically swinging for the fences needs to be done on a guy like Hurst.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't oppose signing Poe and then moving Lowry even if just a 7th in return.

King is a savvy move as we are accustom to playing without him and Jackson is playing his best ball presently....King could get serious looks due to young, cheap and chance to resign.

Turner is also a solid option.

Bahk I would hate but alse understand it could garner the MOST in return

Does anyone know why Dallas has released Poe? At least if we do go after him we won't have to give up any picks for him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You know, the more I think on stuff the more I wonder if perhaps a TE move would suit GB even more than say pulling Fuller - which don't get me wrong I would LOVE to pull off, but that is a massive swing.

Hayden Hurst from Atlanta has me intrigued. I personally believe ATL is gonna tear this thing down and rebuild. I hate to see that happen to Ryan towards the end of his good years left, but if any organization needs a reboot it is them. They are for sure sellers and Hayden Hurst is a SOLID TE that is consistent and typically healthy. We know MLF system utilizes TEs more than most - Deguara hurt, Big Dawg is a situational type guy and Tonyan is really light years ahead of Stern. Given his low cost and a past 1st rounder, I fear GB would have to give up a 3rd most likely, I personally don't have an issue with him. His immediate cost is low, have him for 2021 minimum maybe 2022 if 5th year picked up (if I understand that all right).

While I would love to see a Fuller or Julio walk through our doors - I think realistically swinging for the fences needs to be done on a guy like Hurst.

As long as they're comfortable with him as a person, I would like the move. It seems he has been a bit of a head case at times. But he would suit the offense perhaps better than some of the more exciting athletic options, like Engram, because of his blocking ability.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as they're comfortable with him as a person, I would like the move. It seems he has been a bit of a head case at times. But he would suit the offense perhaps better than some of the more exciting athletic options, like Engram, because of his blocking ability.

Yup, honestly a small town environment with a HOF QB I think could be the scene this still young man needs. I look out across the potential teams selling and I still think he is the most attractive name and fit outside of course of a surefire #2 WR coming in...but fiscally this would even trump that move.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Dallas has released Poe? At least if we do go after him we won't have to give up any picks for him.

Poe is the type of guy I'd want to bring in, even if you get him here you see stagnant motivation, out of shape guy you are out barely anything for kicking the tires. However, if he sniffs a chance at a Super Bowl - that can motivate vets like nothing else for a final push.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yup, honestly a small town environment with a HOF QB I think could be the scene this still young man needs. I look out across the potential teams selling and I still think he is the most attractive name and fit outside of course of a surefire #2 WR coming in...but fiscally this would even trump that move.

Yeah, his low cap numbers for the rest of this year and next would make him easy to bring in. If they wanted to keep him into the future, they wouldn't have to pay him until 2022 when cap issues will be somewhat relieved.

Falcons traded a 2nd and a 5th for Hurst and a 4th. Now he has about half a season less of valuable rookie salary left. So I guess a comparable price would be a 3rd and a 6th for Hurst and a 5th?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The interesting side of trade rumors, is that half the time the "interested teams" are merely rumors started by agents trying to get other teams to act quickly and offer higher contracts. Now, general managers should always be kicking the tires of every vet that is released. It is their duty to ensure that the best players available are on the team - within cap restraints of course. I remember reading an article years ago about how Ron Wolf, similar to Bill Belichik, treated the bottom roster spots as swing spaces. He would bring in free agents throughout the season, swapping players at the bottom, just to see if any of them fit the team/system. Gute seems more willing to do this than Ted Thompson ever was willing to do.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, his low cap numbers for the rest of this year and next would make him easy to bring in. If they wanted to keep him into the future, they wouldn't have to pay him until 2022 when cap issues will be somewhat relieved.

Falcons traded a 2nd and a 5th for Hurst and a 4th. Now he has about half a season less of valuable rookie salary left. So I guess a comparable price would be a 3rd and a 6th for Hurst and a 5th?

With our comp picks coming I'd not hesitate to package a 3rd and a 5th for him honestly for him straight up, but if they'd sling a 7th in back with him so be it. Either way you slice it a 3rd is going to have to be involved to them + something.

Reaction score
Another quiet day on the trade scene for packers.
I heard will fuller, Alshon Jeffery, Michael Gallup, even Randall Cobb, and EVEN Amari Cooper.
Packers unable to pull on any of these guys? I know Amari is expensive, but with already being Thursday, whoever is traded needs to sit out 6 days for COVID testing as well. Which means we can’t even have this guys ready or suit up for Niners game.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard will fuller, Alshon Jeffery, Michael Gallup, even Randall Cobb, and EVEN Amari Cooper.
Packers unable to pull on any of these guys? I know Amari is expensive, but with already being Thursday, whoever is traded needs to sit out 6 days for COVID testing as well. Which means we can’t even have this guys ready or suit up for Niners game.

While I too am very anxious for the Packers to make a deal, become some news is always fun, let’s also try to remember we don’t know any of the details. We don’t know what’s being offered, or anything.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why on earth would the Packers take Cobb on that contract? The same with Cooper? Jeffrey is constantly hurt. Honestly even Fuller is overrated due to his inability to stay healthy, but I would probably take a chance on him.