• Yes

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 78.2%

• Total voters

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still highly skeptical of Quinnen being available, but if he were, sorry to be a downer, but there would be teams lined up for a shot at him, and I guarantee you there would be teams with better looking draft position making offers. Kind of like what happened with Mack. I get the dream, I want the dream too, but settle down buckos.
Settle down ... lol if he truly becomes available... you are going to see somebody in here demanding that we trade our next 3 first round picks, next year’s second and third, Aaron Rodgers, Alexander, and Zadarius Smith. :roflmao:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Snacks, I believe wanted to play for GB. He was available early on when we did not acquire him. this was before clark got injured, and then when we started looking deeper into him, he signed with Seattle Practice squad. Dude wants to sit in practice squad, but not even play for Tampa Bay lol. and with seattle's own woes they havent even upgraded him into active yet.

Zach Ertz - If Packers made an offer, i wonder why they didnt get it done right away. And i honestly dont think Zach Ertz is the solution when we have Tonyan, and he is getting better. referring back to my post, WR/DT/front seven is important.

Any thoughts on why the packers are not making an attempt on Earl Thomas? Proven Leader and paired in backfield with Amos and Jaire, it would definitely boost.

What I had heard is that the Packers made him the best off but that he didn't want to play in Green Bay.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...-signs-with-seahawks-wont-be-visiting-packers

Most likely the Eagles were mulling offers for Ertz and then he got hurt and ended up on IR. Or they just didn't want to trade him. But another receiving TE would make about as much sense as another WR, given that LaFleur runs so much 12, 13, and 22 personnel.

The Ravens cut Earl Thomas after a bunch of locker room drama and a fight with a teammate. I don't know how much of a leader he is at this point.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
David Njoku is another TE with a high draft pedigree who is supposed to be on the market.

Reaction score
And now Everson Griffen has been traded by the Cowboys to...... THE LIONS!!!

the trade offer - lions gave a conditional 6th round pick of 2021. Really?? So the packers couldnt give something up to get this guy on our side?

Gary Griffen, Smith's Clark, the rush and push on the line would have been intense. Since he is now off the board, maybe there is still a chance for JJ Watt to come home? Remember Reggie White was same age/same situation when he came to Packers. so hopefully something can be worked out for him.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the trade offer - lions gave a conditional 6th round pick of 2021. Really?? So the packers couldnt give something up to get this guy on our side?

Gary Griffen, Smith's Clark, the rush and push on the line would have been intense. Since he is now off the board, maybe there is still a chance for JJ Watt to come home? Remember Reggie White was same age/same situation when he came to Packers. so hopefully something can be worked out for him.

I'm assuming you're ok with letting Bahk walk in the offseason, along with losing whatever picks it takes, in order to make that happen?

Not to mention I'm pretty sure we'd still have to clear space for this year to do it

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're ok with letting Bahk walk in the offseason, along with losing whatever picks it takes, in order to make that happen?

Not to mention I'm pretty sure we'd still have to clear space for this year to do it

whoa whoa whoa.....don't bring reason into a vent session...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Griffen hasn't been playing particularly well this year and he plays a position where they already have enough guys vying for snaps.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bengals have traded DE Carlos Dunlap to the Seahawks for draft pick compensation . Dunlap is not having a very good year, but Seattle is hoping a change of scenery and he'll give them a boost to their pass rush.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kenny Stills is still the most likely moved Texan that is a WR.

Why is that? I'd say any of them would be moved. You don't necessarily want to build around Fuller, who to me is about as good a boom/bust WR2 as there is in the league (with a very significant injury history - maybe send a 3rd or 4th). Stills has done well in the past, but he's another guy they won't build around so a good trade candidate. Same with Cobb.... Any of them to me would be good trade targets. Obviously, Cobb wasn't re-signed, Gutey doesn't really go back to the wheelhouse on guys who've left the team.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you all haven't had a chance to read it, Silverstein posted a good article about why the Packers may be wise to be sellers before the trade deadline: https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...ake-sense-sellers-before-deadline/3752224001/

Before a bunch of you get your ******* twisted, it may sound counter-intuitive but his main point is that we're going to have to let a few guys go in the offseason to afford our UFAs. Dumping one or two at the deadline would clear up cap space that could be carried into next year, and potentially get a draft pick or WR in return.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you all haven't had a chance to read it, Silverstein posted a good article about why the Packers may be wise to be sellers before the trade deadline: https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...ake-sense-sellers-before-deadline/3752224001/

Before a bunch of you get your ******* twisted, it may sound counter-intuitive but his main point is that we're going to have to let a few guys go in the offseason to afford our UFAs. Dumping one or two at the deadline would clear up cap space that could be carried into next year, and potentially get a draft pick or WR in return.

Subscribers only...however depending who he is speaking to I 100% could be all for it depending what we get in return.

Who did he bring up?

Preston? Linsley? Bahk? Jones? King?

Reaction score
The way i see it - This year is more of a super bowl contending year than last year. If we are gonna trade away some of the guys, for DRAFT PICKS, and clearing cap room, that is not a smart move. Long term, sure, but there is NO guarantee in the NFL we are going to be 5-1 start again, and given Packers schedule, we have a good chance to lock that no1 seed. Right now, we really need to make moves to turn this team into a LEGIT contender on both sides of the ball for THIS year. If we have guys on backups that we want to trade, sure maybe it is worth exploring, maybe Kevin King is the only one i would part ways with this season, or Josh Jackson.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way i see it - This year is more of a super bowl contending year than last year. If we are gonna trade away some of the guys, for DRAFT PICKS, and clearing cap room, that is not a smart move. Long term, sure, but there is NO guarantee in the NFL we are going to be 5-1 start again, and given Packers schedule, we have a good chance to lock that no1 seed. Right now, we really need to make moves to turn this team into a LEGIT contender on both sides of the ball for THIS year. If we have guys on backups that we want to trade, sure maybe it is worth exploring, maybe Kevin King is the only one i would part ways with this season, or Josh Jackson.

I agree, maybe we can turn Jackson and a later pick into a WR (AJ Green or Curtis Samuel?)...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excerpts:

The boldest move he could make would be to offer up Bakhtiari and see if he could get a first-round pick or more. It’s inevitable he’s going to have to pay through the teeth to keep one of the best left tackles in the game, so you could reason that if Gutekunst has no intention of paying Bakhtiari’s price, he should trade him now.

One suggested he wouldn’t be surprised if Gutekunst tried to trade Turner, whose value will probably never be higher after playing five of the best games of his career this season. There are scores of teams who need offensive-line help and Gutekunst could get as high as a third-round pick out of it. Not only that, he would remove a total of $5.02 million ($1.47 million this year and $3.55 million next year) in salary-cap charges. Add to that the $8 million in cap space they hope to carry over into ’21 and they would be about $10 million under at the start of next year.

Of the other pending free agents, it’s unlikely Gutekunst would trade Linsley unless he thinks rookie Jon Runyan is ready to start and could replace Jenkins or Lucas Patrick, one of whom would have to move from guard to center. Trading Linsley this week would gain him $4.79 million in cap space.

Another possibility would be trading running back Jamaal Williams or cornerback Kevin King. For Williams, Gutekunst could possibly get a fifth-round pick, one scout estimated, which might be better than what he would get in a compensatory pick next year. He would save $1.25 million in cap space by trading Williams before Sunday. King’s value is diminished because of his injuries. He has missed the last two games with a thigh injury. And his cap savings would only be $840,000.

As for trading a player Gutekunst might have to cut next spring, two candidates are defensive lineman Dean Lowry and safety Adrian Amos. Neither has produced up to the contracts they signed last year, but both could start for a team with needs at their positions. In Lowry’s case, the Packers could gain $4.123 million if they traded him this week ($3.3 million of it in ’21). Lowry plays only on early downs and the way Montravius Adams and Kingsley Keke have been playing, he is expendable.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, maybe we can turn Jackson and a later pick into a WR (AJ Green or Curtis Samuel?)...

Not sure how much a corner who has never shown the ability to cover receivers is really worth. Packers used a high pick on Jackson but that doesn't overrule years of NFL tape.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dontari Poe just released there is your run stuffer.. id take him over the slop we have on the d line all day plus he can play full back just like raji did in the day.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lancaster and Adams have been playing well. Our DL depth is not slop. Keke looks like the future starter.

Reaction score
Dontari Poe just released there is your run stuffer.. id take him over the slop we have on the d line all day plus he can play full back just like raji did in the day.

JUMP ON HIM, he is a mountain of a man, and with some extra motivation of playing for a SB contender, he would play harder than he played for loser cowboys. Before Seattle, or someone else jumps on him, take him.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the people who watch film, he’s been awful this year.

EDIT: This in regards to Dontari Poe.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The news that the Packers are checking in on Will Fuller has me pretty excited. I am still a little skeptical that Houston will move him, but we have now heard that they were in on Ertz and now Fuller. To me, this indicates that they feel they can do a little bit more, cap-wise, than what I've assumed.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts