1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Trade deadline is October 16

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by RainX, Oct 2, 2007.

1. RainX

RainX Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    There's no doubt DT is arguably the deepest position on the team. Our rotation is one of the better ones in the NFL with everyone being able to contribute.

That being said, Corey Williams is in a contract year this season and so far has played pretty well despite being a bit banged up.

We could definitely use some help on the offensive side of the ball, mainly at TE and RB. If there is a team who could use some help at DT, maybe we could possibly trade Corey Williams to a team who has a decent set of TEs or RBs and would be willing to part with a player in exchange for an upgrade at DT.

Let's not forget we still have our 1st round draft pick essentially riding the bench right now and Pickett, Cole, and Jolly have all been very good as was Muir in training camp.

Now I'm not saying we necessarily SHOULD trade him, because we definitely are in pretty friendly cap shape going into next season, which include Favre's and KGB's high salary's. I'm only suggesting if there is a possibility to upgrade a position on offense, it might not hurt to consider it. Williams' contract is trade friendly, and maybe even a draft pick wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

2. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Woudl make sense if we arent going to resign him but trades rarely happen in the middle of the season. Its not like baseball or basketball, you just dont see big trades during the season hardly ever. Plus there arent too many TE's that would upgrade our team who are available. No defensive players available who would be able to come into our system and be big contributors.

Maybe a trade for a good receiving running back and a draft pick but again, i dont know of any who are available.... Most likely place to find decent talent would be offensive line. Im sure there is someone out there riding someones bench who could help us but like i said, for some reason, mid season trades are rare.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    For who?

4. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    we are 4-0 why trade anybody

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't trade Corey Williams unless Dallas wants him and they give us Marion Barber or San Diego gives us Michael Turner. Outside of that, Williams should stay and I'd like to see him back next season.

6. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think we could get equal value. maybe if the colts traded dallas clark...

i'd love that.

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    we both know that's not equal value.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Dallas is the only team that truly scares me in the NFC. I wouldn't recommend trading a player that helps their defense for a running back who wouldn't be able to do much unless our OL starts to improve drastically.

9. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea Zero, Dallas is on a roll and I can't see the Packers trading with em'. Unless Morency can shake that troublesome knee I still would like to get a RB. The O line run blocking isn't good presently but, the Packers have been running rookies with all of those injuries.

10. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What about Corey Dillion? He was productive for NE?

11. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Priest Holmes is on the PUP list for KC...hmmmm

12. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i agree. i don't think dallas would give us barber. they like him a lot more than we like corey williams.

13. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i know... i'm just trying to think of teams that need DT help. colts, cowboys, bears, skins, bucs...

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Why? Because when you stop trying to get better, you get worse.

15. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's playing pretty well right now, and our DL depth is partly why we're 4-0. Even though because of Harrell, we may no re-sign Corey, we need him the rest of this season.

16. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This Iowa fan can only hope! Haha!

17. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    If we didn't acquire any RB's TEs in the off season, why would we now? Futhermore, the depth at our D-line has a lot to do with our success.

Water the green spots if you want more grass.

I also think that our running will improve when we start carrying the ball. Our RB's and TE's are performing well for what they are being asked to do.

18. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Damn right, maybe we could trade for Ladell Betts since we wouldn't be able to get Clark. Go Hawks!

19. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trades are rare in the NFL.
    I wouldn't expect Corey to be going anywhere, especially since our number 1 pick doesn't seem to be panning out yet.