Trade deadline is October 16

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt DT is arguably the deepest position on the team. Our rotation is one of the better ones in the NFL with everyone being able to contribute.

That being said, Corey Williams is in a contract year this season and so far has played pretty well despite being a bit banged up.

We could definitely use some help on the offensive side of the ball, mainly at TE and RB. If there is a team who could use some help at DT, maybe we could possibly trade Corey Williams to a team who has a decent set of TEs or RBs and would be willing to part with a player in exchange for an upgrade at DT.

Let's not forget we still have our 1st round draft pick essentially riding the bench right now and Pickett, Cole, and Jolly have all been very good as was Muir in training camp.

Now I'm not saying we necessarily SHOULD trade him, because we definitely are in pretty friendly cap shape going into next season, which include Favre's and KGB's high salary's. I'm only suggesting if there is a possibility to upgrade a position on offense, it might not hurt to consider it. Williams' contract is trade friendly, and maybe even a draft pick wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woudl make sense if we arent going to resign him but trades rarely happen in the middle of the season. Its not like baseball or basketball, you just dont see big trades during the season hardly ever. Plus there arent too many TE's that would upgrade our team who are available. No defensive players available who would be able to come into our system and be big contributors.

Maybe a trade for a good receiving running back and a draft pick but again, i dont know of any who are available.... Most likely place to find decent talent would be offensive line. Im sure there is someone out there riding someones bench who could help us but like i said, for some reason, mid season trades are rare.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Corey Williams unless Dallas wants him and they give us Marion Barber or San Diego gives us Michael Turner. Outside of that, Williams should stay and I'd like to see him back next season.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think we could get equal value. maybe if the colts traded dallas clark...

i'd love that.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Corey Williams unless Dallas wants him and they give us Marion Barber or San Diego gives us Michael Turner. Outside of that, Williams should stay and I'd like to see him back next season.

Dallas is the only team that truly scares me in the NFC. I wouldn't recommend trading a player that helps their defense for a running back who wouldn't be able to do much unless our OL starts to improve drastically.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Dallas is the only team that truly scares me in the NFC. I wouldn't recommend trading a player that helps their defense for a running back who wouldn't be able to do much unless our OL starts to improve drastically.

Yea Zero, Dallas is on a roll and I can't see the Packers trading with em'. Unless Morency can shake that troublesome knee I still would like to get a RB. The O line run blocking isn't good presently but, the Packers have been running rookies with all of those injuries.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

i agree. i don't think dallas would give us barber. they like him a lot more than we like corey williams.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i dont think we could get equal value. maybe if the colts traded dallas clark...

i'd love that.

we both know that's not equal value.

i know... i'm just trying to think of teams that need DT help. colts, cowboys, bears, skins, bucs...

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's playing pretty well right now, and our DL depth is partly why we're 4-0. Even though because of Harrell, we may no re-sign Corey, we need him the rest of this season.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we didn't acquire any RB's TEs in the off season, why would we now? Futhermore, the depth at our D-line has a lot to do with our success.

Water the green spots if you want more grass.

I also think that our running will improve when we start carrying the ball. Our RB's and TE's are performing well for what they are being asked to do.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:
...maybe if the colts traded dallas clark...

i'd love that.

This Iowa fan can only hope! Haha!

Damn right, maybe we could trade for Ladell Betts since we wouldn't be able to get Clark. Go Hawks!

Members online

Latest posts