Trade Aaron Rodgers NOW

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I along with tons of other fans that stuck by Ted feel so vindicated...

We were told that we had no clue, that Ted didnt know what he was doing and should be fired and we were not real Packer fans for sticking by Ted for doing what he was doing..

I bet that majority of those fans now are soooo pissed off that they won the SB..

Lot gave Ted and team props but I know it is eating them inside..

Specially that guy realpackerbacker? He was here and claimed that Rodgers HAD to win the SB this year or he was a bust..He refuses to come back to post here

I wasn't on this site when Favreageddon went down,
I came over after enduring all of the trolls and negative creeps over on Sports Bubbler during that time. The guy who had the fire ted thompson site was on there I think. Talk about unhinged! I didn't keep up entirely but I seem to recall threats of physical harm, someone google mapping someone else's house and police reports being filed between ted haters and so called "tedophiles".

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Forgot the he wont last a year, is injury prone, yada yada yada

Yeah he may not have ever played 300 straight games or what ever..

But no one ever was going to be able to do that, and the ones holding that against him just didnt want to give him a chance
No, you can't forget that concern. It's real for fans now as then. Injuries are fluky, you can't predict them and I'd only say that those who have multiples are either severely unlucky or make too much of a small injury or have an area that's prone to injury. But I'm not the only one to be concerned with Rodgers on that front. I'm STILL correct, doesn't it concern you? 3 concussions in 2 years doesn't raise a flag?
A-God has shown he's up to battling through injuries. I don't doubt that and I never once was against giving him a chance. I said in my post that once 4 thought he was above the Packers I was all for moving on. But please relax, I'm a true fan and I have faith in the team's front office to work it out. But just this once, can you admit the idea of Rodgers out with an injury for a length of time doesn't occupy some part of your season prospects?
I still think like everyone else, the Packers were the best team in the NFL and picked them to win the Super Bowl preseason. Lots of injuries and stepping up by other players I was right.
I think they are capable of an unbeaten season if all are healthy. But here we go again, will they be healthy?
As the Zen master said: "we'll see"

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, you can't forget that concern. It's real for fans now as then. Injuries are fluky, you can't predict them and I'd only say that those who have multiples are either severely unlucky or make too much of a small injury or have an area that's prone to injury. But I'm not the only one to be concerned with Rodgers on that front. I'm STILL correct, doesn't it concern you? 3 concussions in 2 years doesn't raise a flag?
A-God has shown he's up to battling through injuries. I don't doubt that and I never once was against giving him a chance. I said in my post that once 4 thought he was above the Packers I was all for moving on. But please relax, I'm a true fan and I have faith in the team's front office to work it out. But just this once, can you admit the idea of Rodgers out with an injury for a length of time doesn't occupy some part of your season prospects?
I still think like everyone else, the Packers were the best team in the NFL and picked them to win the Super Bowl preseason. Lots of injuries and stepping up by other players I was right.
I think they are capable of an unbeaten season if all are healthy. But here we go again, will they be healthy?
As the Zen master said: "we'll see"
Joe Montana only played 3 complete seasons in 15 years. Yet he was the key clog in 4 SB wins.

Just sayin...

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Joe Montana only played 3 complete seasons in 15 years. Yet he was the key clog in 4 SB wins.

Just sayin...
Joe Montana didn't have 4 concussions. I sure do pray that I'm wrong. Even if he wasn't our QB you'd want to see a great one like that have a long career, just 'cause he's great to watch. I guess there's always something to be nervous about when you're a fan. If they had been any other kind of injury it's kinda flukey ya know?
But you can't mess with the brain too often. Just sayin...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Montana didn't have 4 concussions. I sure do pray that I'm wrong. Even if he wasn't our QB you'd want to see a great one like that have a long career, just 'cause he's great to watch. I guess there's always something to be nervous about when you're a fan. If they had been any other kind of injury it's kinda flukey ya know?

It's not the concussion it's how the NFL judges what is a concussion. If it was the 80s Aaron wouldn't have one. If Joe played now he would have 4 or 5

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow. It's the multiplication of the concussions!!! It's a miracle!!!

Where did the other 2 come from?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Wow. It's the multiplication of the concussions!!! It's a miracle!!!

Where did the other 2 come from?
One was during the Cardinals game in the playoffs. The other I believe was Peppers' hit in the NFCCG.
Either way, I'm pointing out that the next one will be his 4th on record and Montana didn't have that many.
Truth be told, we don't know how many earlier players suffered from them, but I do know that it ended Troy Aikman's career among others.
Bottom line is, I love the guy, pure class at that position so I worry about not seeing a long career from him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One was during the Cardinals game in the playoffs. The other I believe was Peppers' hit in the NFCCG.
Either way, I'm pointing out that the next one will be his 4th on record and Montana didn't have that many.
Truth be told, we don't know how many earlier players suffered from them, but I do know that it ended Troy Aikman's career among others.
Bottom line is, I love the guy, pure class at that position so I worry about not seeing a long career from him.

Those were not concussions. Not every hit to the head is a concussion...

And like Ivo said, we don't know about Montana's concussions, because they didn't register it back then.

But I echo the sentiment. Would not like his career ended by injury. Lucky us technology and rules are improving. He wears a new helmet that prevents concussions.

That may have been the case in the Peppers hit. Maybe with the old helmet, he would've had a concussion, but the new, more cussioned helmet helped prevent that.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
When Rodgers played the Dallas game my dad said our backup was lookin better than Favre. But at the time I was a Favre lover so I just blew him off. Which is ironic seeing how I love Rodgers and my dad loves Favre.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a human being! What an ironman! What a hero!

It's so funny how we only discover those Favre injuries after the games are played!

I think we knew about several of them but the nfl and packers just shrugged them off.

remember the press conference where he didnt remember winning the game?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

And like Ivo said, we don't know about Montana's concussions, because they didn't register it back then.

But I echo the sentiment. Would not like his career ended by injury. Lucky us technology and rules are improving. He wears a new helmet that prevents concussions.

That may have been the case in the Peppers hit. Maybe with the old helmet, he would've had a concussion, but the new, more cussioned helmet helped prevent that.
The only one you can question is the one in the Bears game, the one in the Cardinals game is documented. Many people said Rodgers was "groggy" and "bleary eyed" after Peppers hit. OK, you can't say it was a for-sure concussion, but the Arizona one was. He's had three documented and one likely.
You don't have to like it, I don't either, but it's true.
Many believe he jumped up after the Peppers hit so nobody would question it, if nobody questions it as a concussion he continues to play, else he'd have to undergo the tests. It does not mean he didn't get one, either way, three documented, no miracle counting by me, everyone knows three and possibly four.

D

Dan115

Favre will enter the NFL Hall of Fame before he gets into The Packer Hall of Fame. Just my opinion.

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only one you can question is the one in the Bears game, the one in the Cardinals game is documented. Many people said Rodgers was "groggy" and "bleary eyed" after Peppers hit. OK, you can't say it was a for-sure concussion, but the Arizona one was. He's had three documented and one likely.
You don't have to like it, I don't either, but it's true.
Many believe he jumped up after the Peppers hit so nobody would question it, if nobody questions it as a concussion he continues to play, else he'd have to undergo the tests. It does not mean he didn't get one, either way, three documented, no miracle counting by me, everyone knows three and possibly four.

I saw that hit from Peppers and I'm no expert but I believe it was a concussion. He needs better protection because 4 concussions in a season is VERY VERY bad. Look at Austin Collie. He got 3 this last season and I don't think he will ever be the same. Steve Young's career was ended by concussions.
Aaron will be lucky if he gets back into the game after if he get another one.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Those hits to the head need a bigger reprecussion than just a fine. Should suspend the player too.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I had to chuckle when I first saw this topic. I didn't realize how long ago it was started and was thinking..."Is someone really serious"?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

Like Ivo said, maybe Joe had more, but we'll never know. What we DO know is that Aaron Rodgers had one in the playoff game last year, two for sure this year and a probably fourth in the Bears game.
What we DO know is that brain injuries are far more severe than groin pulls or hamstrings. Brains just don't rebound from injuries like other parts of our bodies.
We've all taken some hits to the head if we've played the game. You know what I'm talking about it's getting your "bell rung". No fault of the man but it's part of the game. You seem inclined to believe a helmet completely takes it out of play. Not a chance RS, they help but nobody has been able to eliminate this part of the game YET!
Think about it, if you propelled him on a sled at 40 mph into a brick wall would you say that helmet would prevent it? No, help eliminate the chance but nothing prevents it in today's current technology.

Latest posts