Tracking the NFC North

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I could see 2 maybe 3. But 5 is a stretch. Other teams would have to completely not show up. Packers are not in good spot right now with the "healthy" people they have on the roster. Just one of those years. Hate to say it, but I think the rest of the year is going to be brutal for Packer fans. Tough to win when you are giving up an average of 38 points over the last 4 games, and 27 ppg for the year. Not a winning formula no matter who you QB is.
Wish I could disagree with you.

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of us are beyond having fun this year. Time to think about which non-Packer team I'd be least upset about seeing with the Lombardi.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2016/11/23/Fantasy-Football-injury-update-Key-Vikings-might-miss-Detroit-Lions-game/6041479949009/

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings-vs-detroit-lions-preview-and-prediction-2016

So who should we Packers fans be rooting for today? My thinking is it's better for the Pack if the Lions win.

Detroit's remaining schedule presents more possibilities for losses. They play on the road against New Orleans, the Giants, and Dallas and have only one home game against the Bears before the season finale there with the Packers. There's a reasonably good chance they could have 7 losses already by the time the Packers go to Ford Field.

A loss by the Vikqueens would be their third already in the division this season so that would count heavy against them in a season ending tiebreaker. And if they lose at home next Thursday to Dallas that adds up to 6 losses for them on the season. They have a road game with Jacksonville and a home game against the Colts before coming to Lambeau on Christmas Eve. And finish up at home with the Bears.

http://9gag.com/gag/aeN3NMb

Of course, none of that means anything if the Packers don't scratch out some wins. If they can run the table in their 3 remaining games in the division that gets them to 7 wins. They need two more against Philly, Houston, Seattle for 9-7.

http://www.packers.com/media-center...or-a-run/3490951b-6a93-41cb-a559-1a0c5c0d7342

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2016/11/23/Fantasy-Football-injury-update-Key-Vikings-might-miss-Detroit-Lions-game/6041479949009/

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings-vs-detroit-lions-preview-and-prediction-2016

So who should we Packers fans be rooting for today? My thinking is it's better for the Pack if the Lions win.

Detroit's remaining schedule presents more possibilities for losses. They play on the road against New Orleans, the Giants, and Dallas and have only one home game against the Bears before the season finale there with the Packers. There's a reasonably good chance they could have 7 losses already by the time the Packers go to Ford Field.

A loss by the Vikqueens would be their third already in the division this season so that would count heavy against them in a season ending tiebreaker. And if they lose at home next Thursday to Dallas that adds up to 6 losses for them on the season. They have a road game with Jacksonville and a home game against the Colts before coming to Lambeau on Christmas Eve. And finish up at home with the Bears.

http://9gag.com/gag/aeN3NMb

Of course, none of that means anything if the Packers don't scratch out some wins. If they can run the table in their 3 remaining games in the division that gets them to 7 wins. They need two more against Philly, Houston, Seattle for 9-7.

http://www.packers.com/media-center...or-a-run/3490951b-6a93-41cb-a559-1a0c5c0d7342

Honestly, for me the Packers making the playoffs is the last thing on my mind regarding the Packers. So I am done watching the standings for now. Even if the Packers as you said, "scratch out some wins", they need to do so much more than just that. The only thing that would get me pumped right now is if by some miracle, the Packers go into Philly, blow them out and miraculously start playing solid football every week. Something we all have been thinking would happen and seems more unlikely each week. Winning a game here or there while still playing at the level of play we have been seeing may give me instant gratification (a win), but may be counter productive to ultimately fixing and making some major changes to address what I think are bigger issues then just wins and losses.

Reaction score
I think we have a realistic shot at going 3-3 to finish. I see losses against Seattle and Houston and losing one to either MN or Detroit. although D Randall isn't much of an upgrade, even Randall at 90% is better than our current backup Corners. I suspect he'll be back next weekend albeit limited.
Likely we will finish 7-9 unless our D comes out of its historic funk
The only silver lining is we are a very young team this year, TT may have his hand forced to use FA and we should be picking between 10-15th in the draft. I'd use at least 1 compensatory pick to trade up 1st or 2nd day draft if an outstanding RB or CB is available just ahead of our turn.
I'd also resign Cook early before his stock rises

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Vikings beat the Cowboys, Jaguars, Bears. Lose to Colts and Packers - Final Record 9-7

Lions beat the Bears, lose to Saints, Giants, Cowboys, Packers - Final Record 8-8

I'm giving the Vikings the Cowboys game, so that could be another L. I just don't see Dak and company winning out, and I think that the Vikings defense just might be the one to force Dak into some crazy turnovers and misakes. The Lions have a brutal finishing schedule, and even if they win one of those tough games, it still puts them at just 9-7, but 8-8 is certainly possible.

Now, I know that's asking a lot of a Packers team that hasn't shown much of anything the past month, but I am an eternal optimist so I will say that the Packers win 5 of the last 6. Now if we lose the Philly game, I'm out. That's the key one. The reason why I say that we can win 5 of the last 6 is because of the quarterbacks. Carson Wentz, a rookie in primetime, Brock...enough said, Russell Wilson will be tough, no doubt. But then Cutler, Bradford, and then Stafford the last game of the season. We have typically done well against non-premiere quarterback talent this season. Assuming we win our division games, the only somewhat good thing we have done so far this year, all we have to do is beat those questionable quarterbacks, and I think that this thing will be much closer than most are willing to admit.

So for arguments sake, let's say we beat Wentz in primetime (cold weather game likely), that gives us momentum going into a home game against Brock. If we can get to 6-6, I think our guys will have all of the fire and momentum that they need. Lose a tough hard fought game to the Seahawks, and then bounce right back against Cutler. Minny is imploding, couldn't score more than 13 on the Lions defense, I trust our guys in that game at home, and then a tough one for what could be all the marbles the last game of the season.

I know I'm reaching, but I honestly believe that all is not lost yet. One huge breakout performance this Monday Night and we are right in the thick of things.

Fire away. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
But on the off chance that it ends up happening, I can say I told you so. ;)

Yes, you can and I will be the first to happily say "you were correct". I'm a Packer fan, the optimist in me says they will win out all the way to a Super Bowl Title, then my realistic side slaps me silly, points to the last 22 or so games and says "WTF you thinking dude? I'm tired of picking up the pieces every Monday morning!"

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Vikings beat the Cowboys, Jaguars, Bears. Lose to Colts and Packers - Final Record 9-7

Lions beat the Bears, lose to Saints, Giants, Cowboys, Packers - Final Record 8-8

I'm giving the Vikings the Cowboys game, so that could be another L. I just don't see Dak and company winning out, and I think that the Vikings defense just might be the one to force Dak into some crazy turnovers and misakes. The Lions have a brutal finishing schedule, and even if they win one of those tough games, it still puts them at just 9-7, but 8-8 is certainly possible.

Now, I know that's asking a lot of a Packers team that hasn't shown much of anything the past month, but I am an eternal optimist so I will say that the Packers win 5 of the last 6. Now if we lose the Philly game, I'm out. That's the key one. The reason why I say that we can win 5 of the last 6 is because of the quarterbacks. Carson Wentz, a rookie in primetime, Brock...enough said, Russell Wilson will be tough, no doubt. But then Cutler, Bradford, and then Stafford the last game of the season. We have typically done well against non-premiere quarterback talent this season. Assuming we win our division games, the only somewhat good thing we have done so far this year, all we have to do is beat those questionable quarterbacks, and I think that this thing will be much closer than most are willing to admit.

So for arguments sake, let's say we beat Wentz in primetime (cold weather game likely), that gives us momentum going into a home game against Brock. If we can get to 6-6, I think our guys will have all of the fire and momentum that they need. Lose a tough hard fought game to the Seahawks, and then bounce right back against Cutler. Minny is imploding, couldn't score more than 13 on the Lions defense, I trust our guys in that game at home, and then a tough one for what could be all the marbles the last game of the season.

I know I'm reaching, but I honestly believe that all is not lost yet. One huge breakout performance this Monday Night and we are right in the thick of things.

Fire away. ;)
Most likely scenario.

Lions win the division. I see loses at Dallas and maybe the Packers.
Vikings might be in play for a wildcard. If they win 4 of 5. Not likely. Dallas should take them. The rest, maybe 2-2
Packer are out of it. I see maybe 2-3 wins the way they are currently playing. Bears, and Texans. Possibly the Vikings.

D

Deleted member 6794

Fire away. ;)

I'm an optimist as well but this team has made it extremely tough to believe in them.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Key games for Minnesota are Jacksonville (there) and Indianapolis (home.) Win those two and they will be at least 8 wins (assuming loss to Dallas next week) and they should beat the Bears in the final for 9th.

So guess what game could be the difference between playoffs or out?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So for arguments sake, let's say we beat Wentz in primetime (cold weather game likely), that gives us momentum going into a home game against Brock. If we can get to 6-6, I think our guys will have all of the fire and momentum that they need.
Even before they got to a losing record they didn't have any momentum.
So with a tied record, what makes you think they will have it then?

Face it, kid.
Packers suck and the NFC North does not revolve around us this year.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...Winning a game here or there while still playing at the level of play we have been seeing may give me instant gratification (a win), but may be counter productive to ultimately fixing and making some major changes to address what I think are bigger issues then just wins and losses.
Poker, well said. I agree with this thought.

Born Sinner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit:
Saints L
Bears W
Giants W
Cowboys L
Packers L

9-7

Vikings:
Cowboys L
Jaguars W
Colts L
Packers L
Bears W

8-8

Packers:
Eagles W
Texans W
Seahawks W
Bears W
Vikings W
Lions W

10-6

Wild Card:
Packers over Giants
Falcons over Redskins

Divisional Round:
Packers over Cowboys
Seahawks over Falcons

NFC Championship:
Packers over Seahawks

Super Bowl LI:
Packers over Raiders

Bank. On. It.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit:
Saints L
Bears W
Giants W
Cowboys L
Packers L

9-7

Vikings:
Cowboys L
Jaguars W
Colts L
Packers L
Bears W

8-8

Packers:
Eagles W
Texans W
Seahawks W
Bears W
Vikings W
Lions W

10-6

Wild Card:
Packers over Giants
Falcons over Redskins

Divisional Round:
Packers over Cowboys
Seahawks over Falcons

NFC Championship:
Packers over Seahawks

Super Bowl LI:
Packers over Raiders

Bank. On. It.
If I could give you a funny and an OVERLY optimistic I would.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Detroit:
Saints L
Bears W
Giants W
Cowboys L
Packers L

9-7

Vikings:
Cowboys L
Jaguars W
Colts L
Packers L
Bears W

8-8

Packers:
Eagles W
Texans W
Seahawks W
Bears W
Vikings W
Lions W

10-6

Wild Card:
Packers over Giants
Falcons over Redskins

Divisional Round:
Packers over Cowboys
Seahawks over Falcons

NFC Championship:
Packers over Seahawks

Super Bowl LI:
Packers over Raiders

Bank. On. It.
That's the spirit. :tup:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...

I like this way this guy thinks!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an interesting, but not outrageous scenario for the tiebreaker experts to ponder.

- Green Bay has two home games against Houston and Seattle now , win them both, win in Chicago, and win back at home against Minnesota to go into Week 17 at 9-6.

- Detroit wins only at home against the Bears, and drops road games against the Saints, Cowboys , and Giants to drop to 8-7 going into Week 17.

- Detroit wins Week 17 .

Who wins the North (assuming Minnesota is not in it,) and on what tiebreaker?

Members online

Latest posts