Toughest packers loss?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has been the toughest packers loss you have ever seen?

For me it wasn't the superbowl, itwas the NFL championship in the 07 season.

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC Championship was pretty bad.

The worst for me was the one against the Cardinals, simply because I was there.

My entire row was Packer fans and the three next to me were kids, no older than 10. After the play happened, the kid next to me couldn't really see because of everyone standing. He was about 7 years old and looked up to me and said, "Did they intercept it?" I explained what happened, and he just sunk his head.

It was a sad moment and we all sat for about 20 minutes before saying our goodbyes, knowing each other only through our love of green and gold.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants NFC Championship was probally the toughest, rollin with Brett that year, we had everything go right for us.. 4th and 26 was also a bad one to swallow, along with the 49ers game..

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say the loss to the Giants in the NFC Championship game. Then the Superbowl. Hmmmmm...........who Fk'd up in those games. I can't really recall but it looked a little bit like the Vikings playoff loss last year. lol

As far as last year was concerned.........in the regular season......the Steelers game.................and in the playoffs......the Arizona game. When we won the toss.......I was like oh my god.......we are going to actually pull this game out. I was also thinking that we needed a TD since our kicker had been having a rough season. Then we all know what happened after that.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still cannot stomach watching "highlights" of that Super Bowl we lost to the donkeys... :bad:

That's numero uno for me, then the G-men game, others recently were the Bucs loss last year, I felt like I lost in arm wrestling to a litttle girl, and of course any loss to the queens ruins my entire week.

:viksux:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants and Cardinals this year are a tie.

Both I just couldn't believe in how we lost those games. Couldn't sleep for a day or two....

denver SB and Philly 4 and 26 games are close seconds...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im waiting for an older fan to drop some game from waaaay back. Maybe the 1960 championship game, I know thats what Taylor would say.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 1960 I was only 6 years old so I was kinda young to be affected by that game. But any time you lose a championship game it is gut wrenching for sure! :cry:

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im waiting for an older fan to drop some game from waaaay back. Maybe the 1960 championship game, I know thats what Taylor would say.
Lombardi said in the locker room after that loss "We'll NEVER lose another championship game."

...and his boys didn't.

I don't quite remember that game...but the Giants NFC Championship game & SB loss really smarted.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Lets see the ones that was hard to digest

The NFC Championchip game lost because of Brett Being stupid with the ball.

The Superbowl. Seriously what happen that game.

The Cardinals Play Off. Disappointed. I thought we had a Legit Chance. Everything was going well for us.

The Steelers game. That was horrible.. Did not play well that game.

But the Kicker was Losing to the vikes at Home to Brett. Beat the Lions and Bears both times but the vikes nope not even once.

And i almost forgot. How the hell we lost to Tampa..

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Giants game. We were just so close. Tynes misses was it 2 game winners, it seems God/Buddha/Vishnu/Nothing was totally a Packer fan, and then Favre goes all, well, Favre and throws that pick.

I was too young for the full impact of the Super Bowl loss to hit me, so that's out.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see the ones that was hard to digest

The NFC Championchip game lost because of Brett Being stupid with the ball.

The Superbowl. Seriously what happen that game.

The Cardinals Play Off. Disappointed. I thought we had a Legit Chance. Everything was going well for us.

The Steelers game. That was horrible.. Did not play well that game.

But the Kicker was Losing to the vikes at Home to Brett. Beat the Lions and Bears both times but the vikes nope not even once.

And i almost forgot. How the hell we lost to Tampa..

The Steeler game was interesting cuz they couldn't stop AR and our offense but I wouldn't call it one of our toughest loss. Not many teams can stop us when our offense is clicking. What was so disappointing (and was a reoccuring theme all season) was our inability to stop THEM. Too bad they had the ball last...

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The Steeler game was interesting cuz they couldn't stop AR and our offense but I wouldn't call it one of our toughest loss. Not many teams can stop us when our offense is clicking. What was so disappointing (and was a reoccuring theme all season) was our inability to stop THEM. Too bad they had the ball last...

Same thing happen to the cards game. We could not stop them. That game was the heart breaker for the season.

When we came out for the 2nd Half. A-Rod and the Offence was on fire. But our D could not stop them. Only stoped them 2 times the entire game. 1 time was a fumble and the other was a legit stop. Because we had to stop them in order to get the game in OT.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me it's every game the Packers lose.
I wanna see them win and do well and beat the odds no matter who they play.

If I had to pick one, though it would be the Cards in the Wild Card Champ. Game.
I thought they had it from beating the Cards the week before.
Little did I know the Cards were just toying with us.
And then the Pack comes back and gets so close.
Realizing that it was blown calls in the final plays of the game also adds insult to the loss.

ehoepker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The playoff game against Arizona was pretty bad. Went from feeling like crap after the slow start to feeling soo excited after the onside kick and comeback and then winning the coin toss i thought we had it. And then the fumble shot me down real quick.

Other than that the NFC Championship game against the Giants hurt pretty bad too

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thankfully with Warner retired and several of their stars playing elsewhere I don't think we'll have to worry about AZ in the playoffs this season. Let's hope TT will address our poor pass rushing of last season tomorrow and Friday. If our D can stop other teams more often I can't think of many teams that can stop US if we play up to our potential. :Bananas2: