1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Today in Packers' history.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerlifer, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514
  2. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +960
    Watched it back in WI with my Dad on a vintage b&w TV with round picture tube. Frost was on the window panes and our heater was working overtime. I was only 15 back then. Time goes by fast and definitely picks up speed as one gets older. I still remember the thrill of that last drive and the Starr TD. What a game!

3. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +937
    Amen to that, brother.

4. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72
  5. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514

http://www.packershistory.net/1966PACKERS/NFLCHAMPIONSHIP.html

No, the first title game at Dallas was on New Year's Day 1967. The "Ice Bowl" at Lambeau was New Year's Eve 1967/'68.

The Packers also won their first NFL Championship under Lombardi on New Year's Eve in 1961 37-0 over the Giants. The first title game ever played in Green Bay.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  6. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72
    You are correct. for some reason I was only thinking of the 1967 championship. The game in Dallas was just as heroic with the great play by Dave Robinson at the end.

• Friendly Friendly x 1