Today in Packers' history.

Sky King

Reaction score
Watched it back in WI with my Dad on a vintage b&w TV with round picture tube. Frost was on the window panes and our heater was working overtime. I was only 15 back then. Time goes by fast and definitely picks up speed as one gets older. I still remember the thrill of that last drive and the Starr TD. What a game!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched it back in WI with my Dad on a vintage b&w TV with round picture tube. Frost was on the window panes and our heater was working overtime. I was only 15 back then. Time goes by fast and definitely picks up speed as one gets older. I still remember the thrill of that last drive and the Starr TD. What a game!

Amen to that, brother.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, it was New Years' Eve 1967. But point well taken. The temperatures warmed up a bit on Jan. 1, 1968.

http://www.packershistory.net/1966PACKERS/NFLCHAMPIONSHIP.html

No, the first title game at Dallas was on New Year's Day 1967. The "Ice Bowl" at Lambeau was New Year's Eve 1967/'68.

The Packers also won their first NFL Championship under Lombardi on New Year's Eve in 1961 37-0 over the Giants. The first title game ever played in Green Bay.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packershistory.net/1966PACKERS/NFLCHAMPIONSHIP.html

No, the first title game at Dallas was on New Year's Day 1967. The "Ice Bowl" at Lambeau was New Year's Eve 1967/'68.

The Packers also won their first NFL Championship under Lombardi on New Year's Eve in 1961 37-0 over the Giants. The first title game ever played in Green Bay.
You are correct. for some reason I was only thinking of the 1967 championship. The game in Dallas was just as heroic with the great play by Dave Robinson at the end.

Members online

Latest posts