1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Time for some optimism!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 3irty1, Oct 18, 2010.

1. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    :viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

Bring in the Cavalry!

Probable for return:
    Al Harris, Atari Bigby, Clay Matthews, Ryan Pickett, and James Starks.

Can we get some optimism and Excitement going boys and girls?!
    Everyone say one thing they are looking FORWARD to next week (Packer related if possible!)

• Like Like x 4
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
    Heard Harris will be practicing this week

3. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Haha yes! Any word if Harris, Bigby and Starks will all play this week?:viksux:

4. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Packers troubles are not from lack of talent - therefore, the problems are fixable.

5. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    I'd say all will be "probable" for Sunday. It all depends on if they get the OK by the medical staff. McCarthy said Matthews will most likely start practicing late next week, and I'm sure Harris and Bigby will get reps all week

• Like Like x 2
  6. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I have a friend who is a hardcore Dolphins fan, as a result, we both hate each others teams because we mock each other a lot. He said today that a Packers fan logged onto his forum and congratulated them and politely commented on how they played. He claims he has respect for our kind now. No queens fans did that!

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    YESSS!!!!! I can't wait to have all these players back, I've missed them so much! We need them for the Vikings too, thanks for the good dose of optimism, just what the doctor ordered. :viksux::viksux::viksux:

8. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    Well, in the case that the Packers do not rebound this season and the 2011 season is lost to a lock-out:

Here is to two years in a row of high draft picks!

9. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    This will be a completely different defense if those players return healthy. That o-line of the viqueens isnt too great, so hopefully CM3 does plenty of muscle flexings to the crowd this sunday.

10. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I am not so sure that a hand-full of defensive players coming back will be helpful, new players that have missed significant time due to injury can actually be more of a risk than anything else (i.e. Revis from the Jets). It's more about players being familiar with other players, and now since the Pack MAY be getting some back, that could be a work in progress right away (i.e. Vikings game).

You are right about the Vikings O-Line, they stink. However, if John Sullivan the center comes back, that will surely improve the line! I would expect Peterson to come out tearing it up, he was held to a disappointing performance against the Cowboys, I would be afraid if I were you.....just sayin.....:tongue:

11. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    You're right about players coming back, except that they know the playbook completely, and have played together for 3 years...

I don't expect them to play, however.

12. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442

May the above statement come back to haunt you in full force! Our handful of players, or even one of them may very well be far more than your O-Line can handle. If this "handful" of players does what I think it is going to do, I'm going to hold that statement to you and haunt you to no end with it. A merest hand-full of players, please make him eat those words!!! LOL!

13. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    I just want MM to light a freaken fire under everyone...let's get out heads out of our *** and get aggressive!

14. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It's not that easy though, it's getting back into the grove of game-time action, like I said, the best cornerback in Revis struggled pretty bad against the Vikings, and that is the BEST CB in the game. There is much more to it that simply knowing the playbook and playing with the same people, all it takes is a split-second to miss or make a play, and when someone has been away from game-like speed, mistakes almost always happen.

15. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well, if your right so be it, but I don't recall that defense of yours haunting Favre last year, and we have the same players on our O-Line, and even if Matthews is back he won't be at 100%....boo ya....

16. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I wasn't all that psyched to get Harris back before, because I didn't think it mattered all that much, but given the ****** play of Woodson lately I'm actually looking forward to getting Harris back now.

17. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Well sure they haven't seen game-time but they also haven't been sitting on there rear ends with their feet up in the air playing Maddon 11. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest they've been training and practicing hard as soon as they were cleared to do so. I don't think MM or TT would allow them to suit up if they didn't fully think them ready for battle. Don't bank on any of our players not being 100% because of being out with injuries for any length of time. They are hard core/ warrior athletes, it's not going to take them that long to find rhythm of the game again. I would say the same thing for any of your guys returning to the active roster. Most of them will have something to prove and will play harder to prove they are back on their game.

18. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    You just keep diggin that hole! I don't think they'd let him play if he wasn't 100%, he's far too valuable to risk losing him for the season. But still, even at 80 or 90%, I would still consider him to be a viable threat. AS much as I'd like to lull you into a false sense of security, I'm not gonna play that way.

19. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You are quite getting the point...

All the practice in the world is not = to game speed, therefore the longer period of time without playing in a game, the harder it is to get back into the groove of things....

20. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Matthews and Pickett are the only ones that I would think are going to play of that group.

I doubt they'll throw Harris, Bigby, and Starks into the fire against Minnesota right away.

21. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ah, I wouldn't be so sure. Think about it, the Packers are going downhill in a hurry, and because of that (now against ANOTHER division opponent), I am sure Matthews doesn't have to be at 100% in order to suit up and play, actually, more often than not when someone is coming back from injury they aren't at 100%, there just isn't enough time in the NFL season to get there.....

22. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    I always try to be optimistic but realistic at the same time. I just looked in the refrigerator. I still have 10 beers in there. I'm good. :happy0005:

23. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Thats the spirit! A pessimist would say they were down 2!

24. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Even when I only have 1 left I stay Optimistic. ........it just means I have to go get another 12 pack!!! :icon_cool:

25. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486

Revis still was not full health

On NFL Network after the game I know the guys there were saying something is wrong with Revis..And that you can clearly see his hammy is not right just yet