Tim Tebow (the bio thread)

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
With Ted Thompson, you never know. I could see Ted loving him as a person and loving his versatility.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INxqYDAFSQ8]YouTube - Tim Tebow Highlights (HD)[/ame]

Strengths: Muscular build and great bulk ... Solid arm strength ... Very good accuracy on the deep ball ... Great feel for a pass rush and has a great mental clock of when to step out of the pocket ... Athletic enough; can pick up the first down with his legs ... Powerful runner ... Good character and strong work ethic.

Weaknesses: Absolutely horrendous footwork ... Plays in a run-option offense and it will take him 2-3 years to learn an NFL offense ... Horrible touch on the football, which is difficult to catch ... Nice accuracy on the deep ball, but it's very inconsistent in the intermediate routes ... Extremely long release ... Shown no improvement in his mechanics over his career ... Locks on to primary receivers all the time ... Speed at wide receiver made a lot of his throws look better than they actually were.

Summary: Tim Tebow lacks the basic precision passing qualities for what it takes to be an NFL quarterback, and as of now I'm giving him a fourth-round draft grade ... Needs to improve mechanics drastically ... Transition to being an NFL signal caller should take some time ... Needs to be more of a calm/cool/collected leader on the field rather than being so emotional ... Second halves against Michigan and LSU showed Tebow's great flaws when they neutralized the run option and forced him to be a pocket quarterback ... He could be a solid fullback in the NFL with his running style if it doesn't work out at quarterback.

Player Comparison: Byron Leftwich. Both players have a similar release and solid mobility. Leftwich could never master the necessary timing and accuracy recquired in a West Coast offense. I fear the same for Tebow.

WalterFootball.com: 2009 NFL Draft Prospects - Tim Tebow Profile

For some reason this is that site's profile picture for Tebow:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

:lol:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That picture is just amazing.

About Tebow... Give me a minute to concentrate... Tebow won't be a Packer, but could be a great wildcat QB, if we were to employ such scheme.

The Dolphins took Pat white in the 2nd... I'm pretty sure Tebow won't last till mid 2nd, and is too high for us to pick him...

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
As for my opinion on the "what if he became a Packer" nature of this thread, I would riot. We literally have no use for Tebow outside of a Wildcat QB, and we've never run the Wildcat.

That said, I wouldn't be totally shocked if Thompson loved his versatility enough to grab him if he slid to us in round 2 somehow.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about a running back for the pack? he can run

also That Gator Chomp is amazing :D

Check 2:17 of the video to see what I mean :)

Not many great left handed NFL QB's

Look at current Left handed QB's in the NFL who have a Heisman there not too good though

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm worried. Tebow had a hell of a day at the combine today. 2nd fastest 40 time among QB's, he tied the combine record for highest vertical leap by a QB ever, and his cones time was fast as well.

That, combined with a new throwing motion that looks quicker and his dazzling personality has me worried that if TT is honest in his "best player on the board" mentality, Tim Tebow might be a Packer. I like the dude a lot, but that's literally worst case scenario.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
If TT drafts Tim Tebow I will be pissed, and TT will lose credibility as a GM. The Packers have no business drafting him or any other QB this year.

Bossfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3rd round is a possibility... I just do not see him going any earlier. We all love him as a person but when you really study him as a player, he may even be a reach in the 3rd round... Only possibility is a good team like the Pack or whomever that can wait and develop him.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Ladies and gents, may I present the scariest thing I have ever seen:

That was the frontpage of ESPN.com today.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Ladies and gents, may I present the scariest thing I have ever seen:

That was the frontpage of ESPN.com today.

I will be so f-ing pissed if the Packers draft him. Seriously.....that is the dumbest thing we could do. We DO NOT NEED TO DRAFT A QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT drafts Tim Tebow I will be pissed, and TT will lose credibility as a GM. The Packers have no business drafting him or any other QB this year.
If we draft Tim Tebow........people will be calling for Ted Thompsons head. After totally wasting a high pick on Brian Brohm recently, he is not going to do that again any time soon. I mean just think if he would have traded that pick in the second round last year, for a first rounder this year. Hmmmmmm.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we draft Tim Tebow........people will be calling for Ted Thompsons head. After totally wasting a high pick on Brian Brohm recently, he is not going to do that again any time soon. I mean just think if he would have traded that pick in the second round last year, for a first rounder this year. Hmmmmmm.
People will be calling for his head no matter what.

People were calling for his head when we got Aaron Rodgers.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People will be calling for his head no matter what.

People were calling for his head when we got Aaron Rodgers.
I however was not one of them since I thought Farve was going to retire in a year or so after we drafted him.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:suicide2:I just read in the Bleacher Report that Tim Tebow in Greenbay makes sense.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no please no TT just no. We have no need for him, I dont want to see a wildcat or anything like it in GB we have a great QB, we dont need a project quaterback.

Members online

Latest posts