Tim Knicky, a future starting LB??

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kid was an undrafted free agent pickup this year and from what I see from the tape, he has A LOT of potential. The way he rushes the quarterback is just fantastic. He uses his hands effectively and shows extremely good awareness in finding an open lane to the QB, this shows that he's very well coached. He also has experience playing standing up as a LB and in coverage.

He looks like a Clay matthews clone in the way he moves on the football field. I do have a few doubts about how his playmaking abilities. He played against D1-AA lineman and as you can see from his highlights, most of them don't bother to block correctly. However I see enough to make me think he is going to a true force in the NFL. Kevin Greene can certainly coach this guy up to be a monster.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKSAUtKTsK8]YouTube - Tim Knicky[/ame]

MelrosE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like he's a beast, but as you said he's playing in D1-AA, who knows, he could have been a 2nd-3rd string on a D1 roster.
Wouldn't hurt to try him out and put him on the practice squad though. I like how he fights off blockers.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows how he'll adapt in the pros, but he has good speed and if he does he could make it to the team.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy does look good and the small school level of competition he had seemed to be too easy for him with his numbers. At least we are finding some decent competition for the position.

" Tim Knicky is one of the small school diamonds in the rough for the 2010 NFL Draft. Some fans might not know about him, but NFL scouts sure do. Those scouts showed up for Knicky’s pro day, where he measured in at 6’4”, 252 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.63-to-4.67 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.12 seconds, and the three-cone drill in 6.91 seconds. He measured a 33.5” vertical jump, a 9’8” broad jump and benched 225 pounds 17 times. Knicky had a very productive college career and as a junior was an AP Third-Team All-America selection. He finished eighth in the nation in tackles for losses and fifth in the country in sacks. He had 74 total tackles, 20.5 tackles for loss and 12 sacks. This past season he registered 41 total tackles, 15 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks."

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like he's a beast, but as you said he's playing in D1-AA, who knows, he could have been a 2nd-3rd string on a D1 roster.
Wouldn't hurt to try him out and put him on the practice squad though. I like how he fights off blockers.

Or looking for some better playing time. Or teams giving offers didn't give him something he was looking for. Small time players make huge impacts in the league. I think Stephen Cooper outta Maine is a perfect example of small school talent. Ya never know he looks good! Hopefully he can keep bringing it.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets not get ahead of ourselves folks, let see how this kid does in training camp and pre season before we start labeling him the starter shall we.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm liking this Frank Zombo guy too from Central Michigan, at least on paper.

"Zombo runs 4.76, owns the best vertical jump (35 1/2 inches) and broad jump (10-2) of the three and managed 23 reps on the bench, six more than Knicky. He also has by far the longest arms (32 1/2).
"I have the size and the athletic ability to do it," said Zombo. "I have really good hands. I caught 78 passes in high school my senior year as a wide receiver. And I can rush the passer. It's a great fit."
Zombo had 181 tackles (39 for loss) and 25 1/2 sacks at Central Michigan, where Cullen Jenkins had only 11 1/2 sacks from 1999-'02 before making it as a free agent in Green Bay."

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all about small school players. Besides, I think it gives them a leg up as they come in with a chip on their shoulder to prove that they belong there. I hope they do well.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm liking this Frank Zombo guy too from Central Michigan, at least on paper.

"Zombo runs 4.76, owns the best vertical jump (35 1/2 inches) and broad jump (10-2) of the three and managed 23 reps on the bench, six more than Knicky. He also has by far the longest arms (32 1/2).
"I have the size and the athletic ability to do it," said Zombo. "I have really good hands. I caught 78 passes in high school my senior year as a wide receiver. And I can rush the passer. It's a great fit."
Zombo had 181 tackles (39 for loss) and 25 1/2 sacks at Central Michigan, where Cullen Jenkins had only 11 1/2 sacks from 1999-'02 before making it as a free agent in Green Bay."

Interesting... I am excited to see how he performs in camp.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im already ready to go to training camp and see what the young guys can do against some real competition.

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well one thing we should all remember before getting -too- excited is that nobody ever makes a mistake or looks bad in their HIGHLIGHTS. Hopefully he will be able to contribute though, as I hope the same for everyone else we bring in. The lightning was funny... I watched that vid while I was really tired, and started laughing after seeing it a few times.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can never really know how they will wind up until they get in pads against pros. Wait for the TC/ Pre-Season, and hopefully see him make magic!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts