1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thumbs Up to Tom Silverstein

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Aug 7, 2014.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,398
    I'm not usually a big fan of the media, but Tom certainly threw the grenade right back to the sender on this one.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...nesday-at-a-glance-b99325324z1-270262581.html

2. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +326
    Thumbs up to Tom on this one.

3. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,703
    I don’t agree with Silverstein about how insensitive teams are to players but I do agree Thompson shouldn’t complain about the media predicting who’ll make the roster. He’s got his job to do and they have theirs. At least when they’re predicting the roster it’s substantive. If a young player reads he may get cut that should provide motivation; if it adds “too much pressure”, he probably wasn’t going to make it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +641
    Ted's right. Tom's right. the only reason any of it happens is because NFL fans want it. And players are adults who know what they're getting themselves into.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Indeed, it's not like the "guys" reading the articles are 13 years old ..... these are grown men in their early 20's who might need some additional motivation or kick in the pants so to speak to make the team. If they write negative things, players need to change the minds of the writers by doing more positive things. I RARELY defend the media, but in this case I think that there was no harm no foul.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    If a player does not want to know what the "reviews" are saying about him, then he should not read the papers or internets and he should tell those around him he won't take any questions about what's been written.

Knowing what Silverstein or anybody else outside the organization thinks about his play is of little or no value to the player...it is a matter of curiosity for which one should be prepared for the worst.

Sooner or later something uncomplimentary is said about everybody. Even Rodgers, after all, is a lousy leader we've been told.

Thompson is wrong about this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,398
    Maybe Thompson will go the way of Jesse Ventura when he was Minnesota's governor and issue "Media Jackal" credentials to all of the journalists.

8. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Yeah TT don't distract the players in camp about who is going to make the roster....gotta agree with the media here for a moment...the NFL is a business, plain and simple, a cut throat business. The players should prepare for it.