Throwback unis for 2012?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno if this has been discussed yet. Apologies if it has.....

A couple of unofficial online sources claim that the Packers won't be wearing throwbacks this year.
Is that correct?
If so, are you OK with that or would you have liked to see them go retro.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2010, Packer president Mark Murphy announced that the Packers would use the 1929 throwback uniforms only in one game in 2010 and and 1 game in 2011. No use of throwback uniform was planned for 2012. 2013 or 2014. An NFL approved Alternate uniform (1929 Blue/Gold uniform) which was approved NFL for use in 2010 can be worn during a 5 year period .

It take one year for the NFL to approve a different
Packer alternate uniform. The next alternate uniform Packers could not be used until 2015 season.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So while they aren't planned they can use the 1929 uni's during this and the next 2 years. I like em once per year.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be kinda odd seeing a Nike swoosh on a 1929 uniform.
No more odd than the Reebok logo?
I don't like that they had to modify them (Such as making the number circle larger and I dunno if they had numbers and names on the back in 1929.)
I think they should be as original as they can be.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
forgetFave posted:"No more odd than the Reebok logo?
I don't like that they had to modify them (Such as making the number circle larger and I dunno if they had numbers and names on the back in 1929.)
I think they should be as original as they can be"

The players name was first placed 0n back of NFL jersey, many decades later than 1920's.

1929 was the first year the Players number was placed on front of player's jersey. The large player's number first appeared on front ofPacker jersey in 1935.

The circle in front of the 1929 throw back jerseyhad to be made larger, because the number on front of the NFL jersey must be larger in the modern era.and had to fit in the circle on front 1929 throwback jersey.

Modifications had tobe made to the 1929 throwback uniform to conform with specifications set forth by the NFL. Larger player's number on the front of the jersey and the name of the player on the back of jersey modification had to be done to get the NFL approval to use the 1929 throwback uniforms in NFL game.

NACHOMAN

Sailing the seas of cheese
Reaction score
I like them once a year as well. It pays tribute to generations of Packer football. Living in California it confuses people when I wear it. I had the 4 super bowl patches sewn on it, with room for more. I like to collect all the throw back jerseys over the years. The best is when someone gives you crap for the blue, and you respond with that we've had these colors since the 20's .

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surprised that the most historical and best franchise was going to break tradition and not wear them.
It's kinda like looking for the first robin of spring. It's something to expect.
Oh well. That's the way it goes. Never mind unis. Just take us back to the SB.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 3 years or so they should use the mid-late 60's Packers uni's as the throwback. I know they are not that different, but no jersey is more important to this franchise than that. And it is absolutely beautiful..

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had about 4 IPA's right now and moving onto something lighter right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hated them personally...fugly...I like the idea of throwbacks, but I think a true alternate jersey scheme would be fantastic, even if it was just alternate colors or something. Maybe something akin to what the Badgers wore yesterday (style wise)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I like them once a year as well. It pays tribute to generations of Packer football. Living in California it confuses people when I wear it. I had the 4 super bowl patches sewn on it, with room for more. I like to collect all the throw back jerseys over the years. The best is when someone gives you crap for the blue, and you respond with that we've had these colors since the 20's .

Like the sig pic....that is a bad *** truck.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hated them personally...fugly...I like the idea of throwbacks, but I think a true alternate jersey scheme would be fantastic, even if it was just alternate colors or something. Maybe something akin to what the Badgers wore yesterday (style wise)
"

The uniform that the Badgers wore last Saturday against Nebraska was throw back uniforms worn by Badgers in the early 1960's. Ithink it was 1962. The Badgers had a great team, which went to Rose Bowl.

The 1929 Packer throw uniform was worn by the three time NFL Champions in 1929, 1930 and 1931. The Packers are only team which has won three NFL Championships in a row, and have done it twice. The second time was 1965, 1966, and 1967.

1929 was the first season thePackers won NFL Championship.. 1929 first and last time the Packershad a season without a loss. The Packers record in 1929 was W 12 - L 0 - T 1.

I don't think Packer board of directors would approve alternate uniform that is not a throwback uniform.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"

The uniform that the Badgers wore last Saturday against Nebraska was throw back uniforms worn by Badgers in the early 1960's. Ithink it was 1962. The Badgers had a great team, which went to Rose Bowl.

The 1929 Packer throw uniform was worn by the three time NFL Champions in 1929, 1930 and 1931. The Packers are only team which has won three NFL Championships in a row, and have done it twice. The second time was 1965, 1966, and 1967.

1929 was the first season thePackers won NFL Championship.. 1929 first and last time the Packershad a season without a loss. The Packers record in 1929 was W 12 - L 0 - T 1.

I don't think Packer board of directors would approve alternate uniform that is not a throwback uniform.

I know why the '29 Uniform was used, doesn't mean it was any less ugly.

I kinda suspected that the Badger uni was a throwback, but it did look slick.

as for alternate uni, I think if it was the "right" one or just a alternate color scheme it would be fine. I would love a "reverse" one, Gold jersey, green pants

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think they are sharp and would be a cool alternate home jersey

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know why the '29 Uniform was used, doesn't mean it was any less ugly.

I kinda suspected that the Badger uni was a throwback, but it did look slick.

as for alternate uni, I think if it was the "right" one or just a alternate color scheme it would be fine. I would love a "reverse" one, Gold jersey, green pants

I think they are sharp and would be a cool alternate home jersey
I like that idea!
Instead of throwbacks, a different color scheme!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm a fan of the throwback jersey.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I like the blue and gold. I really like what the Packers did in 2010 with reintroducing blue and yellow jerseys. I lodged a complaint with the Packers Pro shop about not wearing throwbacks this year, and they said they had enough trouble dealing with Nike that they chose to forgo this years throwback game.

I'm thinking Nike was trying to push a different design, or test something new for the Packers for an alternate jersey, and they didn't think they were ready.

MLB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How 'bout ...

Let's have them wear the Pack uniform and helmet from our GREATEST season:

1 9 6 5 !

(Who remembers those final two games ... both at Lambeau ... ?!?)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the blue and gold. I really like what the Packers did in 2010 with reintroducing blue and yellow jerseys. I lodged a complaint with the Packers Pro shop about not wearing throwbacks this year, and they said they had enough trouble dealing with Nike that they chose to forgo this years throwback game.

I'm thinking Nike was trying to push a different design, or test something new for the Packers for an alternate jersey, and they didn't think they were ready.
Two questions about the Nike jerseys of other teams.

1) What's with those weird markings around the neck that makes it look like a preppie/yuppie polo shirt collar?
Are those new this year?
2) And what's with those weird looking stripes/lines near the V neck coming off the NFL logo as in this picture here?

I'm glad the Packers gave Nike the finger and told them "Don't mess with our jersey traditions and designs!" LOL
I can't stand Nike and their sweatshops and treatment of the workers.
Boycott Nike.
Just do it.

Members online

Latest posts