Three way Walker Trade in Progress :

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT is being smart here. Walker's value is not going to be any higher than it will be tommorrow by virtue of the fact that this is not the strongest draft for wr's like we have seen in previous years.

TT is dangling him out there and if a deal that's good enough comes along take it. If not, don't do it.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I think TT is being smart here. Walker's value is not going to be any higher than it will be tommorrow by virtue of the fact that this is not the strongest draft for wr's like we have seen in previous years.

TT is dangling him out there and if a deal that's good enough comes along take it. If not, don't do it.

I agree...it all depends on the market out there, I remember when the Bills had trouble getting a 3rd rounder for Travis Henry...because running backs are out there, I think we could get a 2nd and maybe some late picks or 2007 picks because there's gonna be a lot of teams bidding...

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker visited with the Denver Broncos Friday, April 28. The team tried to keep in town, but he left to visit the New England Patriots as planned. New England and Philadelphia Eagles trainers will administer physicals to Walker in the Boston area. Walker's medical reports already checked out in other cities he visited.

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker visited with the New England Patriots Friday, April 28. He is also being examined by team doctors.

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker is being checked out by Philadelphia Eagles trainers in the Boston area Friday, April 28.

All one source but we will see what can be worked out.

Why wasn't this done with Sharper last year?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Saints | Team says no to including Stallworth in a Walker trade
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:40:05 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have had extensive discussions with the Denver Broncos and New Orleans Saints about a trade for WR Javon Walker. They both have high second-round picks, but the Packers have been firm about wanting a first. When the Packers tried to push for the Saints to include WR Donte' Stallworth in the compensation package, the Saints balked, a NFL source said.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Saints | Team says no to including Stallworth in a Walker trade
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:40:05 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have had extensive discussions with the Denver Broncos and New Orleans Saints about a trade for WR Javon Walker. They both have high second-round picks, but the Packers have been firm about wanting a first. When the Packers tried to push for the Saints to include WR Donte' Stallworth in the compensation package, the Saints balked, a NFL source said.

I don't know why the Saints would balk at that offer -- TT's being pretty fair-minded, all around.

Stallworth has never panned out - whether it's the player, or the coaching staff, in N.O., has never truly been determined -- but, as a side note, Ricky Williams seriously didn't want to hang around very long in that town, now did he(?) Except for the HC (Haslett) who just walked away, recently, the Management Team for the Saints has never been all that smart. Maybe that's the gist of it. Maybe Sean Payton can change their way of thinking, but we won't know till halfway thru their Season.

Will Donte' suddenly find his game, if he gets to join the Packers? with Brett Favre?

Good question.....

(Heck, I'm still hearin' Brett Favre trade talks, around the neighborhood)

I can actually see Javon Walker hookin' up with Drew Brees, but the truth at this point, is that Saint Drew may not be ready to play by September - and maybe, just maybe, San Diego knew more about what they were doin' than a lot of people have the courage to give them credit for.. But, I do know this --- Brees/Walker is a menace of a duo for Defenses to worry about - as long as JW has someone else on the field to distract their attention, that is -- he could end up injured all over again as they double & triple team the guy, in the SuperDome. It's not exactly Lambeau Field, now is it?

I'm still tryin' to figure out what we could take from Denver, or Miami, for that matter... I just get this sense that the Saints will give in before too long.... (heck, what do I know... I thought Brett would wait till AFTER the Draft... so, there ya go).

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT wants to trade Walker and I think he will trade him for a high 2nd, which is probably the best the Packers can hope for. It is possible the Packers could get a 1st round for Walker with some unique 3 way deal, but I think this is unlikely.
The Packers could have 3 new starters with a 1st round and 2 high 2nd round pick.
I hope the Packers pick Vernon Davis at TE. He is a likely NFL future Superstar, if the team who selects him is creative. Vernon Davis can play the slot position in the NFL better than most WRs in the NFL and he could be the top TE in the NFL as a rookie. DBs will hate trying to tackle Vernon Davis and LBs will hate trying to cover Vernon Davis. Vernon Davis is a nice sending off gift for Brett Favre.
The Packers can probably find a starting LB and a starting guard with 2 high second round picks. A excellent return man could be picked up with a high 3rd round pick.
If the Packers can get a high 2nd rounder for Walker the Packers should send him off. If Vernon Davis is gone prior to the 5th pick the Packers should select LB AJ Hawk.