Three way Walker Trade in Progress :

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 6:16 p.m. ET April 27, 2006
The Green Bay Packers may trade Javon Walker before Saturday’s NFL draft, Scout.com reported.

A three-way trade involving the Packer, the Denver Broncos and an unidentified third team is in the works that would send Walker to Denver.

But the disgruntled wide receiver visited the New Orleans Saints on Thursday and is scheduled to visit the Broncos on Friday, the Green Bay Press-Gazette reported.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson said on Monday that he has received inquiries from other teams regarding Walker but declined to elaborate.

Walker was named to the Pro Bowl in 2004 when he led the Packers with career-highs of 89 catches for 1,382 yards. He sustained a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during a Week 1 game against Detroit last year and missed the rest of the season.

Besides Denver and New Orleans, New England, Miami and possibly Kansas City are believed to be interested in acquiring Walker. An NFL source told the Press-Gazette that the Packers are seeking a first-round draft pick for Walker, but they may settle for an early second round pick.

© 2006 NBC Sports.com

Weissman1989

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we get a late 1st, or a high second. I really think we could get some great players in this draft.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this ruined my dogon top-10 !

(thats from the espn mobile phone commercial with mel kiper jr. its funny, laugh. LAUGH!)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was funny. you know, if this **** was inevitable, javon wanting to be traded that is, we got lucky. this is one of the deepest drafts in years, so its a good year to have lots of picks. thanks javon, don't let the door hit ya in the *** on the.... on second thought, let it hit you.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im hoping that maybe we can get Lelie and a high draft pick because after we lose walker and if the Driver thing is true, and we lost terrence murphy or WR poistion is going to be hurting. Sadly something i thought we had filled before Javon started doing his own little thing and the murphy thing.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't see that happening if this three way trade goes through. i'd say it goes like this

Denver gets - Walker from packers
Mystery team gets - Lelie & middle to late draft pick from denver
Packers get - low 1st rd. or early 2nd rd. draft pick from mystery team

Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i don't see that happening if this three way trade goes through. i'd say it goes like this

Denver gets - Walker from packers
Mystery team gets - Lelie & middle to late draft pick from denver
Packers get - low 1st rd. or early 2nd rd. draft pick from mystery team

I agree, I think its a good deal

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said a while back that something a little exotic...such as a 3 team trade, might get Walker out of GB. I say he lands in KC.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Can he really visit teams? That seems odd.

Walker has not been given permission to seek a trade or visit teams on his own. It was TT giving him permission to visit Denver and NO only for examinations of his injury.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=419327

I'm torn on the deal. Walker definitely has a lot of value for draft picks this year since it's a weak year for WRs. But that means we won't be able to draft an equivalent player with the pick we'd get for him. It also would be giving into his crying for a trade and make a bad situation for future disgruntled players. On the other side, GB would have to deal with this distraction into the season and then Walker could be gone for no compensation next year.

It's a tough call. If the deal is better than a late 1st or early 2nd, then it's probably best. Maybe TT can workout an additional 4th or 5th round pick into the deal.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
pyledriver80 said:

Walker has not been given permission to seek a trade or visit teams on his own. It was TT giving him permission to visit Denver and NO only for examinations of his injury.
http//www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=419327

I'm torn on the deal. Walker definitely has a lot of value for draft picks this year since it's a weak year for WRs. But that means we won't be able to draft an equivalent player with the pick we'd get for him. It also would be giving into his crying for a trade and make a bad situation for future disgruntled players. On the other side, GB would have to deal with this distraction into the season and then Walker could be gone for no compensation next year.

It's a tough call. If the deal is better than a late 1st or early 2nd, then it's probably best. Maybe TT can workout an additional 4th or 5th round pick into the deal.

Why do we have to lose Walker? We can put the franchise tag on him. If we truly value Walker as a top 5 receiver, than paying him the money for that worth should not be a problem. I think Walker has gone about this whole situation unprofessionally.

If the intention of the Packers is to just squeeze another year out of him at KMart pay, then we should probably just trade him today or early tomorrow.

Walker's stance on "never playing for the Packers again" is really laughable in my opionion. All NFL players are hired guns. All this rhetoric about loyalty and disrespect makes good headlines and sells papers and magazines, but in the end all you have is a player playing for a team and getting paid.

I really don't want to lose Walker becasue he has abilities we can't replace. Go back and watch that Oakland game (Favre's dedicaiton to his father). Walker caught some balls in that game that had no business being caught.

I guarantee we are going to be fleeced in any trade that will be made!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Bobby Roberts said:
pyledriver80 said:

Why do we have to lose Walker? We can put the franchise tag on him. If we truly value Walker as a top 5 receiver, than paying him the money for that worth should not be a problem. I think Walker has gone about this whole situation unprofessionally.

If the intention of the Packers is to just squeeze another year out of him at KMart pay, then we should probably just trade him today or early tomorrow.

Walker's stance on "never playing for the Packers again" is really laughable in my opionion. All NFL players are hired guns. All this rhetoric about loyalty and disrespect makes good headlines and sells papers and magazines, but in the end all you have is a player playing for a team and getting paid.

I really don't want to lose Walker becasue he has abilities we can't replace. Go back and watch that Oakland game (Favre's dedicaiton to his father). Walker caught some balls in that game that had no business being caught.

Sure we can franchise tag him, but that depends on if he shows he's fully recovered this season. I think the reason TT isn't working out contract extension right now is because of the injury. He wants proof that Walker is back to his 2004 form.

Walker could be a real ******* about the whole situation and wait to report until the final 6 games and potentially not play a down this season. Then there's no way that TT would franchise tag him. On the flip side, Walker could pull what MM did and report at the end of TC only to become a locker room cancer to the team chemistry.

Best case senario is that he reports and just plays the season quietly proving he's still a great WR. Of course that is doubtful since he tried that last year and it didn't work out in his favor.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
DakotaT said:
[quote="Bobby Roberts":1r4nkglw]
pyledriver80 said:

Sure we can franchise tag him, but that depends on if he shows he's fully recovered this season. I think the reason TT isn't working out contract extension right now is because of the injury. He wants proof that Walker is back to his 2004 form.

Walker could be a real ******* about the whole situation and wait to report until the final 6 games and potentially not play a down this season. Then there's no way that TT would franchise tag him. On the flip side, Walker could pull what MM did and report at the end of TC only to become a locker room cancer to the team chemistry.

Best case senario is that he reports and just plays the season quietly proving he's still a great WR. Of course that is doubtful since he tried that last year and it didn't work out in his favor.[/quote:1r4nkglw]

Good points Bobby!

There are lots of tangents that tweak this situation. The way I look at it, Thompson may appear have the upper hand in this, but if Walker truly is adamately opposed to being a Packer, we are in a no - win situation with him because we will not get equal value in return. The only trade that seems fair to me is if the 49er's pony up #22 for Walker.

The Donkeys are not going to overpay and I have no interest in Ashlie Lelie.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're right Dakota. it could go either way, it is like a game of chicken. but walker is a young kid who has no idea what he's doing, and he's going against one of the most brass-balled GM's (in my opinion) in the league. Teddy won't back down, no matter what. guarantee.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I wouldn't be satisfied with #22 for Walker, but it's a fact of the situation. Walker is clearly better than any WR in this draft, even with coming back from injury. Right now the top WR is projected for around #15. So I'd like for us to work out a deal for a late first along with a 4th or 5th rounder.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed bobby. i don't think we should trade walker, and i don't think TT will, unless we are the benefactors of a 2-for-1 deal.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we will get "fair market value" for Walker. Coming off an injury and his stance against Green Bay doesn't put us in a great bargaining position with other teams.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can you imagine TO..(i mean JW)..hooking up with Brett Favre.???

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the more teams the merrier, hopefully the bidding goes crazy and we can get a 2nd or hell even a first rounder...

Five teams...
Denver
New Orleans
Miami
Philly
KC

any one else that could make this list needing Walker?

Members online

Latest posts